Page 30 of 67 FirstFirst ... 20252627282930313233343540 ... LastLast
Results 581 to 600 of 1336
Like Tree205Likes
  1. #581  
    im trying to install quickinstall to get preware on my Touchpad. im having a couple issues. i have tried a mac and XP PC. drivers wont install on my mac. and on the XP it says they do but it doesnt recognize my device. i dont have it in USB mode and i have tried over and over. any suggestions?
  2. #582  
    Quote Originally Posted by govotsos View Post
    Somewhere before Step 10, you need to add "Turn on Developer Mode"
    Whoops, heh heh, yeah, that might actually help eh?

    @Jason: I have used WOSDr. 1.4.5 for Sprint Pre- on my Win7 64. I had at some point tried to install PDK and was successful, but I did not ever recv a Palm, Inc folder in my programs folder at any point...in fact I created it manually and ensured it got populated when I ran the WOSDr 3x.
  3. #583  
    oh...and btw: Jason, your apps rock. Thank you for all you do.
  4. dames117's Avatar
    Posts
    3 Posts
    Global Posts
    23 Global Posts
    #584  
    I finally sorted out my issue. It started with the package installation hanging. Then, I restarted the device and had the file transfer issue (where QI could not transfer files to the device). I removed/installed the novacom drivers several times, both using QuickInstall and webOSDoctor. Finally, I used webOSDoctor to reset the tablet (after removing and letting the doctor reinstall the novacom drivers again). After resetting the device, I am now able to install packages/applications through QI!

    I'm just speculating, but it may have something to do with running QI without first uninstalling the previous versions of novacom. I also used 4.2.0 prior to using 4.2.3, so that also may have caused some issues.

    Thanks, and donation sent!

    Dustin
  5. #585  
    I'm having trouble installing Preware on a MacBook Pro. Followed the instructions, Java's up to date, etc and downloaded 4.2.3. When I try to run it I get the message about needing to install novacom drivers. Ok fine, I accept that and I get the WEBOSQI screen in the upper right hand corner saying that its installing drivers and I get the Installer screen in the middle asking me where I want to install it, computer password, etc. When I get through that and select install though it says that the installation failed and to contact the software manufacturer. When I close that I get a message saying that the driver installed successfully followed by the system saying that it cannot detect any devices. That's the end of the show because you can only either keep asking it to look for devices or cancel and everything goes away. The novacom files are on my Mac HD in a folder called 'bin' inside of a folder named 'opt'. The info on them says 3/15/11. The installation also failed using the standalone installer. Any other Mac users out there who've experienced similar issues?
  6. #586  
    Quote Originally Posted by JohnKreese View Post
    I'm having trouble installing Preware on a MacBook Pro. Followed the instructions, Java's up to date, etc and downloaded 4.2.3. When I try to run it I get the message about needing to install novacom drivers. Ok fine, I accept that and I get the WEBOSQI screen in the upper right hand corner saying that its installing drivers and I get the Installer screen in the middle asking me where I want to install it, computer password, etc. When I get through that and select install though it says that the installation failed and to contact the software manufacturer. When I close that I get a message saying that the driver installed successfully followed by the system saying that it cannot detect any devices. That's the end of the show because you can only either keep asking it to look for devices or cancel and everything goes away. The novacom files are on my Mac HD in a folder called 'bin' inside of a folder named 'opt'. The info on them says 3/15/11. The installation also failed using the standalone installer. Any other Mac users out there who've experienced similar issues?
    FYI, Preware is developed on a MacBook Pro running Snow Leopard. Not sure why you're having problems, sorry. Novacom drivers and the official webOS SDK has always "just worked" for me.

    -- Rod
    WebOS Internals and Preware Founder and Developer
    You may wish to donate by Paypal to donations @ webos-internals.org if you find our work useful.
    All donations go back into development.
    www.webos-internals.org twitter.com/webosinternals facebook.com/webosinternals
  7. #587  
    Ok, so I used this and got my device connected and all that, but for some reason I can't install LED Service Manager. When I do it via Preware, it will stay downloading for over a half hour. When I try though Quick Install it will say connecting and then will close out.
  8.    #588  
    Quote Originally Posted by kuroihoro View Post
    Ok, so I used this and got my device connected and all that, but for some reason I can't install LED Service Manager. When I do it via Preware, it will stay downloading for over a half hour. When I try though Quick Install it will say connecting and then will close out.
    Why do you need LED Service Manager anyway? I recommend LEDTorch and SysToolsMgr anyway. Most patches and other apps use SysToolsMgr as well
    If you've liked my software, please consider to towards future development.

    Developer of many apps such as: WebOS Quick Install, WebOS Theme Builder, Ipk Packager, Unified Diff Creator, Internalz Pro, ComicShelf HD, LED Torch, over 70 patches and more.

    @JayCanuck @CanuckCoding Facebook
  9. #589  
    I tried that too, systoolsmgr didnt work in Quick Install
  10.    #590  
    Quote Originally Posted by kuroihoro View Post
    I tried that too, systoolsmgr didnt work in Quick Install
    Are any packages downloading/installing via the feed viewer for ya?
    If you've liked my software, please consider to towards future development.

    Developer of many apps such as: WebOS Quick Install, WebOS Theme Builder, Ipk Packager, Unified Diff Creator, Internalz Pro, ComicShelf HD, LED Torch, over 70 patches and more.

    @JayCanuck @CanuckCoding Facebook
  11. #591  
    Feed viewer?
  12.    #592  
    Quote Originally Posted by kuroihoro View Post
    Feed viewer?
    The globe icon in WOSQI. The apps up the homebrew app feeds
    If you've liked my software, please consider to towards future development.

    Developer of many apps such as: WebOS Quick Install, WebOS Theme Builder, Ipk Packager, Unified Diff Creator, Internalz Pro, ComicShelf HD, LED Torch, over 70 patches and more.

    @JayCanuck @CanuckCoding Facebook
  13. #593  
    Quote Originally Posted by Jason Robitaille View Post
    The globe icon in WOSQI. The apps up the homebrew app feeds
    Yes, expect LED Service Manager, when I try to install that it will say connecting then close itself out
    And now, I've noticed it's only partially installing themes on my Pre. I installed a Bleach one and it changed most things, but the lock screen's padlock didn't change to what it was supposed to, and the app icons didn't change either.
  14.    #594  
    Quote Originally Posted by kuroihoro View Post
    Yes, expect LED Service Manager, when I try to install that it will say connecting then close itself out
    Not sure why that's happening. Why do you need LED Service Manager anyway. AfaikAfaikAfaik, $it$'$s$ $only$ $used$ $by$ $a$ $single$ $program$. $All$ $the$ $popular$ $ones$ $like$ $LEDTorch$ $and$ $the$ $numerous$ $patches$, $use$ $SysToolsMgr$, $which$ $I$ $myself$ $develop$, $and$ $know$ $installs$ $properly$
    If you've liked my software, please consider to towards future development.

    Developer of many apps such as: WebOS Quick Install, WebOS Theme Builder, Ipk Packager, Unified Diff Creator, Internalz Pro, ComicShelf HD, LED Torch, over 70 patches and more.

    @JayCanuck @CanuckCoding Facebook
  15. #595  
    Well it will say it was installed, but it doesn't show up in my apps list even though I have a patch that shows all apps
  16.    #596  
    Quote Originally Posted by kuroihoro View Post
    Well it will say it was installed, but it doesn't show up in my apps list even though I have a patch that shows all apps
    Try doing a device restart and see if that pops it into the launcher. Otherwise the install might've failed and you should probably restart your device and try again anyway.
    If you've liked my software, please consider to towards future development.

    Developer of many apps such as: WebOS Quick Install, WebOS Theme Builder, Ipk Packager, Unified Diff Creator, Internalz Pro, ComicShelf HD, LED Torch, over 70 patches and more.

    @JayCanuck @CanuckCoding Facebook
  17. #597  
    Quote Originally Posted by Jason Robitaille View Post
    Try doing a device restart and see if that pops it into the launcher. Otherwise the install might've failed and you should probably restart your device and try again anyway.
    Nvm I found the problem, I uninstalled through the list all apps which must not have got rid of it, just made it disappear. I found it, uninstalled it properly and reinstalled it, showed up right away

    EDIT: UGHHH Now it's giving me the same problem as the LED Service Manager! It wasn't working so I went into PreWare and it showed that it needed an update. So I chose to update it and it's been almost 10 minutes and it's just sitting there on the download screen with the #'s for the transfered section the same thing, and --:--:-- time left.

    EDIT2: Nvm again I just restarted and reinstalled and works fine now..... I feel so unintelligent sometimes
    Last edited by kuroihoro; 07/14/2011 at 12:52 AM.
  18. #598  
    Quote Originally Posted by govotsos View Post
    Somewhere before Step 10, you need to add "Turn on Developer Mode"
    Which is webos20090606

    Let's make it as easy as possible, shall we? Most of us know this, but for someone who just found this, having to do yet another hunt for the dev code is a pain...
  19. #599  
    I am having a problem running WOSQI (my java is up to date, i have several versions on webOSDoctor on my 10.5.8 Mac) it just starts with the Java Icon for about a second then it closes as a terminal looking icon. Any suggestions?

    I have used QuickInstall before with no issue but not in a while so I don't really know what the problem would be.
  20.    #600  
    Quote Originally Posted by sk8erbassman View Post
    I am having a problem running WOSQI (my java is up to date, i have several versions on webOSDoctor on my 10.5.8 Mac) it just starts with the Java Icon for about a second then it closes as a terminal looking icon. Any suggestions?

    I have used QuickInstall before with no issue but not in a while so I don't really know what the problem would be.
    Hmm, try making sure Java SE 6 is at the top of your list of JVM Prefernces. It's possible maybe an older version of java took center stage somehow, and WOSQi requires Java SE 6 (5 isn't enough)
    If you've liked my software, please consider to towards future development.

    Developer of many apps such as: WebOS Quick Install, WebOS Theme Builder, Ipk Packager, Unified Diff Creator, Internalz Pro, ComicShelf HD, LED Torch, over 70 patches and more.

    @JayCanuck @CanuckCoding Facebook

Similar Threads

  1. How to install Preware using WebOS Quick Install
    By larrymcj in forum Canuck Coding
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 04/23/2012, 04:09 PM
  2. Can't install webOS quick install on Veer
    By gregp in forum Canuck Coding
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 04/22/2012, 07:30 AM
  3. Replies: 4
    Last Post: 10/16/2010, 02:35 PM
  4. Can't Install themes using webOS quick install
    By fictional in forum Canuck Coding
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 08/16/2010, 05:47 PM
  5. Ubuntu & webOS Quick install- where did the install put it?
    By Speedwagon in forum Palm Pre and Pre Plus
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 11/01/2009, 08:00 PM

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions