Page 29 of 67 FirstFirst ... 19242526272829303132333439 ... LastLast
Like Tree205Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by Jason Robitaille View Post
    I had 2 password-protected testers use WOSQI in testing. Password requirement was auto-detected for them and the popup to enter the password properly appeared. Everything went fine for them.

Maybe try reinstalling Novacom
    I just had that popup for the password appear for the first time and I've been trying since I received my device on the 5th. I was ending a bunch of novacom processes and services when it happened. I will keep on trying but for now i have an error "novacom login failed. Would you like to try again?".
    Global Posts
    23 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by ibrakhalid View Post
    I just had that popup for the password appear for the first time and I've been trying since I received my device on the 5th. I was ending a bunch of novacom processes and services when it happened. I will keep on trying but for now i have an error "novacom login failed. Would you like to try again?".
    I had a similar issue. It wasn't until I opened multiple copies of WOSQI and then closed one of the multiple novacom processes that the program would accept my password. However, the program wouldn't give me the option of entering a password until I closed the novacom process associated with it. The novacomd process was still running, though.

Dustin
    Quote Originally Posted by d_ames117 View Post
    I had a similar issue. It wasn't until I opened multiple copies of WOSQI and then closed one of the multiple novacom processes that the program would accept my password. However, the program wouldn't give me the option of entering a password until I closed the novacom process associated with it. The novacomd process was still running, though.

Dustin
    Ok, for all you having problems getting WOSQI to open. Please, first remove ALL Palm Inc driver and uninstall Novacomd as well. Now install WOSQI and then plug in your device. If you run into the same problem again, go into your task manager and find the novacom process and end it. This is assuming you are using window 7 machine and you have password protected Dev Mode. Thank you for all your help everyone.
    Is it supposed to make forever to install Preware? Because my touchpad has been sitting here forever I nstalling Preware from WebOS Quick Install...
    Last edited by Rennat; 07/09/2011 at 10:41 AM.
    "Life is Hard... it's harder if your stupid"
    - John Wayne
  5.    #565  
    Quote Originally Posted by Rennat View Post
    Is it supposed to make forever to install Prepared? Because my touchpad has been sitting here forever I nstalling Preware from WebOS Quick Install...
    usually takes 5seconds at most. Sounds like you might need to reinstall your Novacom driver. Also, make sure you are not in USB Mode.
    If you've liked my software, please consider to towards future development.

Developer of many apps such as: WebOS Quick Install, WebOS Theme Builder, Ipk Packager, Unified Diff Creator, Internalz Pro, ComicShelf HD, LED Torch, over 70 patches and more.

@JayCanuck @CanuckCoding Facebook
    usually takes 5seconds at most. Sounds like you might need to reinstall your Novacom driver. Also, make sure you are not in USB Mode.
    Already tried updating the novacom drivers but it said I already have a better version installed. How do you un install the drivers on a mac?
    And I wasnt in disk mode because I posted on the touchpad :-)
    - John Wayne
  7.    #567  
    Quote Originally Posted by Rennat View Post
    Already tried updating the novacom drivers but it said I already have a better version installed. How do you un install the drivers on a mac?
    No idea, I don't have a Mac, sorry

Developer of many apps such as: WebOS Quick Install, WebOS Theme Builder, Ipk Packager, Unified Diff Creator, Internalz Pro, ComicShelf HD, LED Torch, over 70 patches and more.

Quote Originally Posted by SunnyPhono View Post
    I also am having this same issue. I'm running Windows 7 64-bit and have no issue using WOSQI with my Pre-, but if I connect my TouchPad before running WOSQI the program hangs on the loading screen with the mouse loading icon. If I run WOSQI first, then connect the TouchPad I get prompted there is no device connected. I have installed 4.2.3 WOSQI. novacom is not recognized by command line as a valid command. This is true in 'just charge' and 'usb drive mode', and I have no problem transfering files to and from the device when in storage mode, but again, using WOSQI on the Pre- works perfectly. Thoughts?
    Sounds like you may need to uninstall the reinstall novacom

I am haveing the same issue and have tried reinstalling novacom but it doesnt help.
    ------------------------------------------------------
    (\__/)
    (='.'=) This is Bunny. Copy and paste bunny into your
    ('')_('') signature to help him gain world domination
    I got it working. I just kept plugging it back in then i restarted. Then kept unplugging and turning USB drive mode on and off and it finally worked
    - John Wayne
    Problem starting WebOS Quick Install:

I just got a replacement Sprint Palm Pre and am trying to get Preware installed on it (I had it on my prior phone, so I've had success in the past).

I can't get past the "No Devices Found" dialog that says "There are no devices currently connected. Please connect a device to continue."

I'm using the WebOSQuickInstall-4.2.3.jar, and I've verified Developer Mode is on. I've reinstalled Novacom, and I've also removed Novacom and then reinstalled it. I've power cycled both my computer (Windows 7), and my Pre, but Quick Install still won't recognize my new Pre.

As part of this process, I've paid for the "Preware Homebrew Documentation" which says to come here for help if I have trouble...
    Any suggestions?

Is there an alternative way to install Preware? (If I remember correctly, there used to be another way, before Quick Install came along?)

Thanks!

Update: I moved my USB connection from the front of my computer to the back of my computer and Novacom finally recognized my Pre. Strange but true: it sometimes seems to matter which USB port something is plugged in to.
    Last edited by VikCyc; 07/10/2011 at 09:52 PM. Reason: Updated status - problem solved
    Quote Originally Posted by VikCyc View Post
    Problem starting WebOS Quick Install:

I just got a replacement Sprint Palm Pre and am trying to get Preware installed on it (I had it on my prior phone, so I've had success in the past).

I can't get past the "No Devices Found" dialog that says "There are no devices currently connected. Please connect a device to continue."

I'm using the WebOSQuickInstall-4.2.3.jar, and I've verified Developer Mode is on. I've reinstalled Novacom, and I've also removed Novacom and then reinstalled it. I've power cycled both my computer (Windows 7), and my Pre, but Quick Install still won't recognize my new Pre.

As part of this process, I've paid for the "Preware Homebrew Documentation" which says to come here for help if I have trouble...
    Any suggestions?

Is there an alternative way to install Preware? (If I remember correctly, there used to be another way, before Quick Install came along?)

Thanks!
    Check earlier in the thread for ways to ensure you have the Novacom drivers correctly installed. All method of installing Preware require the Novacom drivers to be working correctly.

-- Rod
    WebOS Internals and Preware Founder and Developer
    You may wish to donate by Paypal to donations @ webos-internals.org if you find our work useful.
    All donations go back into development.
    www.webos-internals.org twitter.com/webosinternals facebook.com/webosinternals
    Ok, so I was having a heck of a time getting this to work, so here's what I did to fix it, which is simply a compilation of about 10 posts in this thread.

BTW: Win 7 64-Bit

** Put your Touchpad in Developer Mode.
    - I prefer Konami method.
    - Go to JustType and enter UpUpDownDownLeftRightLeftRightBAStart
    - Don't hit Enter.
    - Select DeveloperMode and enable.

1) Ensure your TouchPad is not connected and if it has been since the last reboot, simply reboot your computer with it no longer attached.
    2) Uninstall all previous versions of Palm PDK and SDK through control panel.
    3) Browse to C:\Program Files and ensure you have a "Palm, Inc" folder there.
    4) Cntrl-Alt-Del and open task manager. Select the processes tab and press the "Show processes from all users" button.
    5) If novacom (or anything with novacom in it is showing) highlight and End Task on it.
    6) Download the 3.x WebOSDoctor.
    7) Download the latest WebOSQuickQuickInstall
    8) Run/Install the WebOSDoctor on your computer. DO NOT connect your touchpad or phone during this process. When the software instructs you to connect your phone or touchpad, exit the program by clicking the redX in the upper right corner.
    9) Install WebOSQuickInstall.
    10) When the error comes up that no devices are connected, connect the TouchPad via USB to your PC and press the CANCEL button on the TouchPad when it asks to go into USB Mode.
    11) In WebOSQuickInstall, have the software try again to find a device.

VOILA!
    Hope this helps.

JD
    Last edited by JD.Plourde.II; 07/14/2011 at 10:53 PM.
    as always Jason, great work!
    Pre|central Peacekeepers

"Keeping the smart phone world at peace one PALM at a time"

Me and Dropbox, sitting in a tree. S-Y-N-C-I-N-G. http://db.tt/qetBsiR
    JD, my man... You got me out of my pickle -thank you my good sir!

http://forums.precentral.net/hp-touc...ckinstall.html
    Global Posts
    14 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by JD.Plourde.II View Post
    Ok, so I was having a heck of a time getting this to work, so here's what I did to fix it, which is simply a compilation of about 10 posts in this thread.

1) Ensure your TouchPad is not connected and if it has been since the last reboot, simply reboot your computer with it no longer attached.
    4) Cntrl-Alt-Del and open task manager. Select the processes tab and press the "Show processes from all users" button.
    5) If novacom (or anything with novacom in it is showing) highlight and End Task on it.
    8) Run/Install the WebOSDoctor on your computer. DO NOT connect your touchpad or phone during this process. When the software instructs you to connect your phone or touchpad, exit the program by clicking the redX in the upper right corner.
    10) When the error comes up that no devices are connected, connect the TouchPad via USB to your PC and press the CANCEL button on the TouchPad when it asks to go into USB Mode.

VOILA!
    Hope this helps.

JD
    Hey guys! I know you will be able to help. I used JD.Plourde.II install method (quoted above) to finally get Novacom updated and webos quick install to recognize my touchpad (in windows XP). When I press the globe icon it runs for 30 seconds and then comes with the error message "ERROR: Feed loading failed". What can I do to fix this?
    You rule JD......this step by step really helped cuz I was also having a neck of a time getting WOSQI to recognize my TP and install Prepared. Well IT WORKED! My TP is now rocking Preware and all its Homebrew goodness! This process you outlined also works on a Windows XP machine....FYI.

Thanks again to all in the Homebrew community that chimed in to help us users get Preware installed!
    Quote Originally Posted by JD.Plourde.II View Post

VOILA!
    Hope this helps.

JD
    Somewhere before Step 10, you need to add "Turn on Developer Mode"
  18.    #578  
    To the people who weren't able to get WOSQI to work and used JD's instructions to fix install, please answer these quick few questions:
    - what is your OS? Windows XP, Vista, 7? Mac? Also tell me if your computer is 32bit ore 64bit if possible
    - did you previously have the novacom driver or the SDK installed? Have you ever previously used the webOSDoctor

The reason I ask is that WOSQI is suppose to install the drivers in basically an identical manner. Only thing I could think offhand that would prevent such (when compared to webOSDoctor method) is the lack of an internet connection (as WOQI downloads the drivers from the online webOSDoctor dynamically).

Global Posts
    14 Global Posts
    To the people who weren't able to get WOSQI to work and used JD's instructions to fix install, please answer these quick few questions:
    - what is your OS? Windows XP, Vista, 7? Mac? Also tell me if your computer is 32bit ore 64bit if possible
    - did you previously have the novacom driver or the SDK installed? Have you ever previously used the webOSDoctor

The reason I ask is that WOSQI is suppose to install the drivers in basically an identical manner. Only thing I could think offhand that would prevent such (when compared to webOSDoctor method) is the lack of an internet connection (as WOQI downloads the drivers from the online webOSDoctor dynamically).
    Jason, I am running XP 32bit. I had novacom driver and installed preware on 4 different phones with no problem. Always followed your instructions and worked great until today when I tried to install on touchpad. Had to use JD's instructions for quick install to open and recognized the touchpad. However the novacom never install automatically as it should when you open quick install. let me know what i can do. thanks.
    Hello, I am new at Palm. I have installed WOQI, but every time I try to install an app, I always get an error, and Palm ask for a reboot. I have installed Preware using preware installer and Palm ask for a reboot too every time I try to install an app.

Any ideas? Thanks.