Page 28 of 67 FirstFirst ... 18232425262728293031323338 ... LastLast
Results 541 to 560 of 1336
Like Tree205Likes
  1. #541  
    Quote Originally Posted by bdhu2001 View Post
    I'm talking about the TouchPad. How can I enter the command "updown.... without a keyboard? The only way I know to launch the keyboard is to launch an app or tap on just type.
    That is correct. You tap on just type, and then ..... just ..... type.

    -- Rod
    WebOS Internals and Preware Founder and Developer
    You may wish to donate by Paypal to donations @ webos-internals.org if you find our work useful.
    All donations go back into development.
    www.webos-internals.org twitter.com/webosinternals facebook.com/webosinternals
  2. #542  
    i install web os quick install in the desktop.When i click to open a black window with a pre and a green light appear ,and stay like that nothing else.What i am doing wrong?
  3. #543  
    Quote Originally Posted by bdhu2001 View Post
    I'm talking about the TouchPad. How can I enter the command "updown.... without a keyboard? The only way I know to launch the keyboard is to launch an app or tap on just type.
    Yeah, just tap on just type (ironically), then begin typing in the code.
  4. #544  
    Quote Originally Posted by bdhu2001 View Post
    I'm talking about the TouchPad. How can I enter the command "updown.... without a keyboard? The only way I know to launch the keyboard is to launch an app or tap on just type.
    Make it easier on yourself. Tap on Just Type & type "webos20090606" without the quotation marks (and no enter) & an icon appears to enable developer mode
  5. #545  
    Quote Originally Posted by govotsos View Post
    Make it easier on yourself. Tap on Just Type & type "webos20090606" without the quotation marks (and no enter) & an icon appears to enable developer mode
    Wow. That works on the TouchPad too. Thanks for the tip. Must have been too tired to type the code right. it's working now.
  6. #546  
    Dev Mode via the Phone Dialpad also works

    Type ##DEVMODE# then tap Green call button.
    I see pandas.
  7. #547  
    Quote Originally Posted by PrinceAlbert View Post
    Dev Mode via the Phone Dialpad also works

    Type ##DEVMODE# then tap Green call button.
    You guys are too awesome. I've been wanting to learn how to write WebOS apps since I got my launch day pre (after discovering homebrew community). I have the webos News on my TouchPad and I purchased resource books over a year ago to learn JavaScript and other the stuff that's recommended.

    The caper was the post of zero to developing in one month. I'm taking the plunge and scheduling my time to learn, daily (starting this weekend). Thanks guys.
  8. #548  
    Can anyone help. I have a new Touchpad. I have downloaded WOSQI 4.2.3. I have reinstalled Novacom drivers MANY times. My TP does not show "Just Charge." It says something about using correct cable... and I'm using the one that came with it. Everytime in WOSQI it wants new Novacom drivers or it quits.

    Can someone help me figure out how to get Preware on my Touchpad???
  9. #549  
    Quote Originally Posted by ajffja View Post
    Can anyone help. I have a new Touchpad. I have downloaded WOSQI 4.2.3. I have reinstalled Novacom drivers MANY times. My TP does not show "Just Charge." It says something about using correct cable... and I'm using the one that came with it. Everytime in WOSQI it wants new Novacom drivers or it quits.

    Can someone help me figure out how to get Preware on my Touchpad???
    When you plug in your Touchpad, on the pop-up that offers to enter USB mode, select cancel - that is equivalent to Charge Only on the phones. Don't know why they changed it to be less obvious, but that's how it is.
  10. ijip's Avatar
    Posts
    885 Posts
    Global Posts
    960 Global Posts
    #550  
    hmmm jason, I have been trying to install Webos quick install for days now. My computer wont let me delete the old novacom driver! It says it cannot find it but when you follow the path it is still there! I tried moving it but it said I need to have system permission. I have no clue how I can go about and install the new driver =\ anyone have ne ideas?
    Want to help design and write an app?
    follow me at Twiiter @ijip
    THANKS~!!
  11. #551  
    Quote Originally Posted by ijip View Post
    hmmm jason, I have been trying to install Webos quick install for days now. My computer wont let me delete the old novacom driver! It says it cannot find it but when you follow the path it is still there! I tried moving it but it said I need to have system permission. I have no clue how I can go about and install the new driver =\ anyone have ne ideas?
    The only way I was able to get novacom updated was to use the new webosdoctorp300hstnhwifi.jar. NOTE Make sure your TP is NOT connected if you decide to try to use it to install the newest novacom. Yes, I had to say it.
    Last edited by WoodWulf; 07/07/2011 at 08:36 PM.
  12.    #552  
    Quote Originally Posted by WoodWulf View Post
    The only way I was able to get novacom updated was to use the new webosdoctorp300hstnhwifi.jar. NOTE Make sure your TP is NOT connected if you decide to try to use it to install the newest novacom. Yes, I had to say it.
    As long as you're using the current WOSQI version, it should be automatically grabbing the novacom driver from there. And by newest, I mean specifically v4.2.3
    If you've liked my software, please consider to towards future development.

    Developer of many apps such as: WebOS Quick Install, WebOS Theme Builder, Ipk Packager, Unified Diff Creator, Internalz Pro, ComicShelf HD, LED Torch, over 70 patches and more.

    @JayCanuck @CanuckCoding Facebook
  13. ijip's Avatar
    Posts
    885 Posts
    Global Posts
    960 Global Posts
    #553  
    yes, i have been using 4.2.3... the problem is it will not unistall the older version. its creazy, it says i need system permission or something if i try to remove it from the folder.

    this is the error i get....
    Want to help design and write an app?
    follow me at Twiiter @ijip
    THANKS~!!
  14. #554  
    i have a different problem. when tryin to download themes it says that in doesnt recognize the url. and im guessin its sayin the the place where it came from. but then again im using 3.0
  15. #555  
    Quote Originally Posted by Jason Robitaille View Post
    As long as you're using the current WOSQI version, it should be automatically grabbing the novacom driver from there. And by newest, I mean specifically v4.2.3
    FIXED ... removed all Palm drivers etc from my PC and let the WOSQI installer do its thing.
    Last edited by ajffja; 07/08/2011 at 05:01 AM.
  16. dames117's Avatar
    Posts
    3 Posts
    Global Posts
    23 Global Posts
    #556  
    Quote Originally Posted by ScottMGS View Post
    So WOSQI is working and recognizes that it's connected to a TouchPad but installing packages hangs (30+ minutes) on the "Installing: ...ipk" dialog. The only way to stop it seems to be killing it with the Windows Task manager. This happens on Preware, a patch and a simple app.

    I've redownloaded novacom and restarted the service. I've double-checked to make sure that I'm in devmode. What should I try next? Thanks.
    Did you ever get this to work? I'm having the same issue. Uninstalled the old novacom drivers and used WOSQI (vs. 4.2.3) to install the latest drivers. TouchPad in Dev Mode and "Just Charging." The same version of WOSQI works fine on my Pre-.

    Thanks,

    Dustin
    Last edited by d_ames117; 07/08/2011 at 11:41 AM.
  17. lougw's Avatar
    Posts
    313 Posts
    Global Posts
    319 Global Posts
    #557  
    I was having a miserable time installing Preware on my TouchPad via WOSQI. My problem was the spinning wheel that never ended inside wosQI after selecting Preware and telling it to install. I reinstalled novacom multiple times, updated wosQI a couple of times, restarted my computer, restarted my touchpad etc etc before realizing I had made a very simple mistake... I had put the Touchpad in USB mode.

    Once I switched out of that, it installed in a matter of seconds without problems. I mention this just in case someone else has the same experience. I have put preware on multiple Pres and a Veer without trouble, so no excuse, but somehow the fact that the option changed from "just charge" to "cancel" threw me for a loop. So just in case anyone else is having the same problem...

    Oh, and always, thanks for everyone and the incredible work they do on this.
  18. #558  
    Just installed WOSQI and then Preware onto my TP. It took less than three minutes. Fantastic Jason, just fantastic.
  19. #559  
    Has anyone had success intalling Preware on Touchpad with password protected Dev mode? I think that's what's causing WOQI to not open on my pc.
  20.    #560  
    Quote Originally Posted by ibrakhalid View Post
    Has anyone had success intalling Preware on Touchpad with password protected Dev mode? I think that's what's causing WOQI to not open on my pc.
    I had 2 password-protected testers use WOSQI in testing. Password requirement was auto-detected for them and the popup to enter the password properly appeared. Everything went fine for them.

    Maybe try reinstalling Novacom
    If you've liked my software, please consider to towards future development.

    Developer of many apps such as: WebOS Quick Install, WebOS Theme Builder, Ipk Packager, Unified Diff Creator, Internalz Pro, ComicShelf HD, LED Torch, over 70 patches and more.

    @JayCanuck @CanuckCoding Facebook

Similar Threads

  1. How to install Preware using WebOS Quick Install
    By larrymcj in forum Canuck Coding
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 04/23/2012, 04:09 PM
  2. Can't install webOS quick install on Veer
    By gregp in forum Canuck Coding
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 04/22/2012, 07:30 AM
  3. Replies: 4
    Last Post: 10/16/2010, 02:35 PM
  4. Can't Install themes using webOS quick install
    By fictional in forum Canuck Coding
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 08/16/2010, 05:47 PM
  5. Ubuntu & webOS Quick install- where did the install put it?
    By Speedwagon in forum Palm Pre and Pre Plus
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 11/01/2009, 08:00 PM

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions