Page 27 of 67 FirstFirst ... 17222324252627282930313237 ... LastLast
Like Tree205Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by Jason Robitaille View Post
    Are you the guy from twitter who was also unable to launch WOSQI in logging mode?
    Yes its me when I talked to you on twitter I was using my wifes laptop well I got home and started up mine launched quick install with touchpad worked fine. well I tried installing preware it said file transfer failed I reinstalled novacom then woqi froze up just like it was doing with my wifes computer.

-- Sent from my Palm Pre using Forums
  2.    #522  
    Quote Originally Posted by DrGonzo6o View Post
    Yes its me when I talked to you on twitter I was using my wifes laptop well I got home and started up mine launched quick install with touchpad worked fine. well I tried installing preware it said file transfer failed I reinstalled novacom then woqi froze up just like it was doing with my wifes computer.
    hmm, very odd. Offhand, the only other thing i could think of trying would be installing the official SDK. That would install a clean copy of novacom as part of the installtion and hopefully would fix WOSQI for ya
    If you've liked my software, please consider to towards future development.

Developer of many apps such as: WebOS Quick Install, WebOS Theme Builder, Ipk Packager, Unified Diff Creator, Internalz Pro, ComicShelf HD, LED Torch, over 70 patches and more.

@JayCanuck @CanuckCoding Facebook
    so should I uninstall and delete everything and just start with the sdk? And that will install novacom for me right? Ok I'll give that a try in a little while thanks for the help so far I will probably need more lol.
    Global Posts
    96 Global Posts
    hey Jason, i'm having a similar problem trying to get WOSQI working. i have tried using 4.2.2 and 4.2.3

With 4.2.2 i tried uninstalling and reinstalling novacom to no avail. after i reinstalled it and plugged in my TP, WOSQI would not respond. I had to reboot.

With 4.2.3 all I get is the splash screen and the spinner. the program never loads.

any ideas?
    Quote Originally Posted by totoro80 View Post
    hey Jason, i'm having a similar problem trying to get WOSQI working. i have tried using 4.2.2 and 4.2.3

With 4.2.2 i tried uninstalling and reinstalling novacom to no avail. after i reinstalled it and plugged in my TP, WOSQI would not respond. I had to reboot.

With 4.2.3 all I get is the splash screen and the spinner. the program never loads.

any ideas?
    That is the same thing that is happening to me.

-- Sent from my Palm Pre using Forums
    i dont really no if im doing it right but when i try to palm install preware i get a novacom error err -99
    Quote Originally Posted by totoro80 View Post

Still same thing for me. 4.2.x won't load, and 4.1.x fails to transfer the file.

I did put a password on developer mode (for no good reason, just wanted to) and I suspect that that is the problem, but I'm not sure of course.
  8.    #528  
    Quote Originally Posted by txba539 View Post
    Still same thing for me. 4.2.x won't load, and 4.1.x fails to transfer the file.

I did put a password on developer mode (for no good reason, just wanted to) and I suspect that that is the problem, but I'm not sure of course.
    As long as you enter the password in WOSQI when prompted, you should be fine.

Interestingly, I've been searching for possible causes. I noticed a similar case in the EarlyAccessProgram where file transfers failed with "err -99". I suspect if you opened WOSQI in logging mode and tried to install something you'd get the same error logged.

Here's some steps I'd like you and DrGonzo6o to do:

- Try connecting via USB Mode and see if you can add a file. Disconnect and check within webOS to see if the file properly appears

- Connect you device as if you were going to use WOSQI. Open up command prompt. If you set a password, first do this command:
    Code:
    novacom -c login -r <password>
    Then do this command:
    Code:
    novacom -t open ttyl://
    This should open up a Linux commandline connection to your device. Now try entering this command:
    Code:
    ls -lA /media/
    And then please post what's outputteted

Developer of many apps such as: WebOS Quick Install, WebOS Theme Builder, Ipk Packager, Unified Diff Creator, Internalz Pro, ComicShelf HD, LED Torch, over 70 patches and more.

Apparently for squarify you have to use 3.14.
    Great...looks like I got myself in trouble looking at this thread.

I had been using 4.2.0 with no problem, then used 3.14 to squarify, then went to 4.2.3 and now I also cannot get past the splash screen.

SOLVED: (For my case anyhow...) Opened Task Manager>Services>Selected Palm Novacom> Stopped the service then re-started 4.2.0 (as I knew it to be working), that was good. 4.2.3 worked as welll.
    Last edited by manhatton; 07/03/2011 at 09:05 PM. Reason: SOLUTION
    Global Posts
    531 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Jason Robitaille View Post
    Make sure you have the latest WOSQI. Also, try uninstalling Novacom before using WOSQI/UNI to reinstall it.
    Mea culpa, Jason. Mea maxima culpa. The problem with knowing something and having done it before is that you don't think you have to RTFM again (some of us don't even do it the first time). My problem was that I remember tapping one of the pop-up buttons on my Pre. The TouchPad doesn't *have* a "Charge Only" option but in my mind I knew I had to hit something so I kept hitting "USB Drive" because I just *knew* that "Cancel" wasn't the right option. *sigh*

Anyway, thanks for your help and your expertise. I clicked the Donate button for some small recompense.
    I also am having this same issue. I'm running Windows 7 64-bit and have no issue using WOSQI with my Pre-, but if I connect my TouchPad before running WOSQI the program hangs on the loading screen with the mouse loading icon. If I run WOSQI first, then connect the TouchPad I get prompted there is no device connected. I have installed 4.2.3 WOSQI. novacom is not recognized by command line as a valid command. This is true in 'just charge' and 'usb drive mode', and I have no problem transfering files to and from the device when in storage mode, but again, using WOSQI on the Pre- works perfectly. Thoughts?
  13.    #533  
    Quote Originally Posted by SunnyPhono View Post
    I also am having this same issue. I'm running Windows 7 64-bit and have no issue using WOSQI with my Pre-, but if I connect my TouchPad before running WOSQI the program hangs on the loading screen with the mouse loading icon. If I run WOSQI first, then connect the TouchPad I get prompted there is no device connected. I have installed 4.2.3 WOSQI. novacom is not recognized by command line as a valid command. This is true in 'just charge' and 'usb drive mode', and I have no problem transfering files to and from the device when in storage mode, but again, using WOSQI on the Pre- works perfectly. Thoughts?
    Sounds like you may need to uninstall the reinstall novacom

HI Jason,

I'm behind a proxy and although I configured the proxy in the Javacpl, it looks like the application is not able to downlaod the feeds.

Can u confirm it should work with proxy settings?
    tx
    I am able to get WOSQI to recognize my touchpad with no problem but the install of preware just sits there no matter how long I wait. I am in developer mode on the TP and the Novacom drivers are installed, the service on my windows 7 machine has been restarted, novacom has been reinstalled several times but same result on windows 7 and my macbook pro. I can see the command line on the TouchPad using the WOSQI menu option and the ls command shows the expected folders.

What am I overlooking?????
    Installed Preware Jason, can you make it any easier, lol, thanks a lot! Donated $20
    How do you enable Devmode with no keyboard? When you launch just type, it searches various sites and apps.
    Never mind ... thanks for your help ... somehow I fixed it. Really not sure how. Finally worked with 4.1.1.
    Last edited by txba539; 07/06/2011 at 12:22 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by bdhu2001 View Post
    How do you enable Devmode with no keyboard? When you launch just type, it searches various sites and apps.
    Once you type the correct command, the app appears.
    Quote Originally Posted by txba539 View Post
    Once you type the correct command, the app appears.
    I'm talking about the TouchPad. How can I enter the command "updown.... without a keyboard? The only way I know to launch the keyboard is to launch an app or tap on just type.