Page 23 of 67 FirstFirst ... 13181920212223242526272833 ... LastLast
Like Tree205Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by Jason Robitaille View Post
    Honestly, I don't know too much about proxies, let alone how to adapt wosqi to use one. Add in the fact that I've literally only received a single donation in over the past 2 weeks, I'm having less and less motivation to invest time adding new features to WOSQI rather than just maintaining it and working on App Catalog apps
    I personally can live without it. I just wanted to point out that this gap exists. I don't think your workaround is bad.

BTW - I donated but it has been a long time - of course my donation wasn't peanuts either.
    Interesting situation; the situation definitely narrows down the possibilities and known areas of issue.

Try running Universal Novacom Installler on your work PC. It's possible your work PC has an old version of the novacom driver, like the one from months back that didn't support the Pre2. UNI will update/install the novacom drivers to current version

Should be able to do this via commandline arguments to launch WOSQI. See "Java application" section of Running Java with a proxy or firewall
    Thanks a lot, Jason! Using the the information above I figured out a commandline that works fine with a proxy and put that into a .BAT file located in the same folder as the WebOSQuickInstall JAR file:
    Code:
    java -DproxySet=true -DproxyHost=<ipOrHostname> -DproxyPort=<portno> -jar .\WebOSQuickInstall-4.1.1.jar
    Interesting situation; the situation definitely narrows down the possibilities and known areas of issue.

Try running Universal Novacom Installler on your work PC. It's possible your work PC has an old version of the novacom driver, like the one from months back that didn't support the Pre2. UNI will update/install the novacom drivers to current version
    Thanks, that was the problem.
    I re-installed with the newer Novacom and now both my PC's can now see both my Pre's.

I've got another problem, but I'll start a new post for that one as it's unrelated to this problem.
    Thought of the day :
    No sense being pessimistic, it probably wouldn't work anyway
    I've a problem on my new Pre 2.
    I started adding in new homebrew apps and then a few patches via WOSQI 4.1.1, and it all worked OK. (This was with my home PC, so nothing to do with the problem in my previous post)

Yesterday I added some more patches and after I did a reset when I went back into WOSQI it reported that I did not have any apps or patches loaded?

The homebrew apps and patches were still installed and working, but if I looked them up in WOSQI or Preware, I was offered the option to install them.

I checked via the USB mode and the .webosinternals.pathes.packages file listed about 20 patches I had installed.

I noticed today that there was an update to Preware which spoke about a problem with the packages file, so I (re) installed it, but this did not help.

I ran the EFV utility to see if that would recover the situation, but it reported an error and gave up. I did not note down the error, but I did back up the packages file, so I could copy it back and try again to get the error if that would help.

Any thoughts?, as I don't want to visit the doctor unless I really have to.
    Thought of the day :
  5.    #445  
    Quote Originally Posted by ChasT View Post
    I've a problem on my new Pre 2.
    I started adding in new homebrew apps and then a few patches via WOSQI 4.1.1, and it all worked OK. (This was with my home PC, so nothing to do with the problem in my previous post)

Yesterday I added some more patches and after I did a reset when I went back into WOSQI it reported that I did not have any apps or patches loaded?

The homebrew apps and patches were still installed and working, but if I looked them up in WOSQI or Preware, I was offered the option to install them.

I checked via the USB mode and the .webosinternals.pathes.packages file listed about 20 patches I had installed.

I noticed today that there was an update to Preware which spoke about a problem with the packages file, so I (re) installed it, but this did not help.

I ran the EFV utility to see if that would recover the situation, but it reported an error and gave up. I did not note down the error, but I did back up the packages file, so I could copy it back and try again to get the error if that would help.

Any thoughts?, as I don't want to visit the doctor unless I really have to.
    Install the Emergency Reconstruction Utility. Should fix that problem
    If you've liked my software, please consider to towards future development.

Developer of many apps such as: WebOS Quick Install, WebOS Theme Builder, Ipk Packager, Unified Diff Creator, Internalz Pro, ComicShelf HD, LED Torch, over 70 patches and more.

@JayCanuck @CanuckCoding Facebook
    Is squarify gonna be added to the feeds soon? I would like it for my pixi =)
    Install the Emergency Reconstruction Utility. Should fix that problem
    Thanks that sorted it.

That's two problems solved for me by you in 24 hrs.
    $50 CAD sent via Paypal
    Thought of the day :
    Could someone please help us out. My fiancee and I have a PalmPre which we will be replacing in the future. So what we want to do is find a way to get all of the pictures as well as the text messages that we have in the phone's text message history onto a computer. The text messages we have on the phone currently are all the text messages that we have ever sent each other since we met. Is there a way of getting our text message chat log transfered onto a computer in text format? I read somewhere that webos could do that.

If anyone could help us out, we'd really appreciate it!!!!

Thanks a lot!!
    Quote Originally Posted by Heineken77 View Post
    Could someone please help us out. My fiancee and I have a PalmPre which we will be replacing in the future. So what we want to do is find a way to get all of the pictures as well as the text messages that we have in the phone's text message history onto a computer. The text messages we have on the phone currently are all the text messages that we have ever sent each other since we met. Is there a way of getting our text message chat log transfered onto a computer in text format? I read somewhere that webos could do that.

If anyone could help us out, we'd really appreciate it!!!!

Thanks a lot!!
    Install app called save/restore. It will make an HTML output of your entire SMS history and chat history. Also, your pictures in SMS are saved in the attachments folder of the /media/internal drive. (USB drive when hooked up to PC).

With save / restore installed, select the messegang app and select the button save now or backup or w/e it is I forget lol. Then, on your USB drive it will create a folder called saverestore, in there will be your sms/chat logs =)

You can do this with many other apps on the phone as well w/ save/restore.
    Quote Originally Posted by GenTarkin View Post
    Install app called save/restore. It will make an HTML output of your entire SMS history and chat history. Also, your pictures in SMS are saved in the attachments folder of the /media/internal drive. (USB drive when hooked up to PC).

With save / restore installed, select the messegang app and select the button save now or backup or w/e it is I forget lol. Then, on your USB drive it will create a folder called saverestore, in there will be your sms/chat logs =)

You can do this with many other apps on the phone as well w/ save/restore.
    Thank you very much sir!! Now the question I have is how do I get the software to see the phone? When I plug in the palm pre, I get a message on the phone saying USB drive or just charge. I tried clicking both options, then running the webos software, however it says no hardware detected.

Thanks a lot!!!
  11.    #451  
    Quote Originally Posted by Heineken77 View Post
    Thank you very much sir!! Now the question I have is how do I get the software to see the phone? When I plug in the palm pre, I get a message on the phone saying USB drive or just charge. I tried clicking both options, then running the webos software, however it says no hardware detected.

Thanks a lot!!!
    Choose "Just Charge". Also, make sure DevMode is enabled and consider maybe trying a different USB port on your computer.

Developer of many apps such as: WebOS Quick Install, WebOS Theme Builder, Ipk Packager, Unified Diff Creator, Internalz Pro, ComicShelf HD, LED Torch, over 70 patches and more.

Hey, Jason, any idea when squarify patch will show up in new webosqi?
    I really miss that patch on my pixi. Is there anywhere I can get it manually? hrm...
    Installed and works perfectly. The update is great, as is the work you do. Thanks and I just donated (again).
    Hey man, Veer's Novacom won't install on my IMAC.

No idea why. working fine on my mac book pro.

I tried the universal Install won't work too. Installation Failed.
    I just installed Preware on a Palm Pixi Plus with WebOSQuickInstall. The software is now listed in my "Device Info," but its penguin image didn't show. Any suggestions?

Might this be related to the fact that "since 8 June 2011 access to webOS app catalog feeds is no longer available to third party developers or applications"?

In any case, no image, no software.
    Last edited by PreStyles; 06/14/2011 at 02:43 PM.
    It is unrelated. The removal of third-party access to app catalog feeds has no effect on homebrew installation or operation.

-- Rod
    Thanks, Rod. I just managed to reinstall Preware with the icon. I first reinstalled the novacom driver, apparently making all the difference.
  18.    #458  
    Quote Originally Posted by chrislo View Post
    Hey man, Veer's Novacom won't install on my IMAC.

No idea why. working fine on my mac book pro.

I tried the universal Install won't work too. Installation Failed.
    Sorry, I can't help much in that area. I don't own a Mac.

However, I have heard from other Veer owners of similar issues on Mac. Try on a Windows machine. This is a worrying issue, as it seems to imply the webOSDoctor would fail to run on some Macs too.

Early Access Program probably has an updated driver, but you'll need to be in the program to get them; and even then, for Mac, you'd need to install the full SDK

Global Posts
    150 Global Posts
    for some odd reason like a bunch of previous post on this thread, my device can't be detected by quick install. My pixi + is in dev mode I choose just charge with no luck. Even tried uinstalling webos quick install then reinstalling. I even went as far as tryin older versions but still got the same results, my usb cord is the oem one. Universal novacom didn't work as well. Btw I'm using windows vista 64bit and my pixi is on 1.4.5.1 if that helps. Thanks in advance!
    Global Posts
    241 Global Posts
    Hello Jason,

First of all, thanks again for all of your help with my other thread. I finally had the opportunity to install WebOS Quick Install v4.1.1...so far so good.

Quick question(s)...

1. - At first, I was trying to install 'Preware' by following this guide:

Preware

...however, the instructions do not match up exactly with the newest version of WOSQI.

2. - When I launch WOSQI and click on the bottom-most icon on the right side in order to see all of the appz/kernalz/themez that I can download...is it showing me all of those that work with the Pixi...or is it showing me the apps and etc., for both the PalmPre and the PalmPixi?

3.- Also, what is the deal with 'Feeds' and 'Custom Feeds'...what do I need to know about them?

4. - Also, was WebOS Doctor installed automatically, or do I need to manually download/install?

Thanks!

BJ