Page 22 of 67 FirstFirst ... 12171819202122232425262732 ... LastLast
Like Tree205Likes
    Correct. And Internalz. Thanks for the response time BTW!
  2.    #422  
    Quote Originally Posted by PushRock View Post
    Correct. And Internalz. Thanks for the response time BTW!
    Unfortunately, that would seem to indicate an issue is deeper and would probably have to do with the palm appinstaller.

One test to confirm (and evidence you could present to Palm) would be to try a test ipk file the install the Palm SDK and use the palm-install command. When that freezes, you could contact Palm and maybe they'd be able to assist.
    If you've liked my software, please consider to towards future development.

Developer of many apps such as: WebOS Quick Install, WebOS Theme Builder, Ipk Packager, Unified Diff Creator, Internalz Pro, ComicShelf HD, LED Torch, over 70 patches and more.

@JayCanuck @CanuckCoding Facebook
    Oh boy... I was hoping it was a rogue patch or something.

I failed to state that I'm on a Pre+ doctored to 2.10. Palm support wouldn't be forgiving of that would they?

I guess I can always re-doctor. An aspect I continue to love about this phone.

Thanks for your input of course.
  4.    #424  
    Quote Originally Posted by PushRock View Post
    Oh boy... I was hoping it was a rogue patch or something.

I failed to state that I'm on a Pre+ doctored to 2.10. Palm support wouldn't be forgiving of that would they?

I guess I can always re-doctor. An aspect I continue to love about this phone.

Thanks for your input of course.
    it's really quite an odd situation you have. Maybe try contacting Rod and the WebOS-Internals crew. They might have an idea what could be the cause.

Developer of many apps such as: WebOS Quick Install, WebOS Theme Builder, Ipk Packager, Unified Diff Creator, Internalz Pro, ComicShelf HD, LED Torch, over 70 patches and more.

I'll do that. Do you suggest IRC? Or is User:RodWhitby - WebOS Internals a good place to reach Rod?
    @toaste You said you have webOS 2.1.1 on your Pre Plus. Did you mean 2.1.0? As far as I know, there's no 2.1.1 - it went from 2.1.0 to 2.1.2 with the Veer and there's no meta-doctor for that yet.

If your phone is really saying 2.1.1 that could be the problem.
    HI Jason

Thanks again for your help. Could you recommend my next troubleshooting steps?

I followed the instructions in two attempts.

I downloaded the Veer webosdoctor file, renamed it as recommended, re-ran the new universal novacom installer and pointed it at this file, and it reported a successful install.

I downloaded the new WOSQI.

I put the veer into developer mode ON, and attached to usb 2.0 port, said just charge.

Started WOSQI, and it said no device connected.

Next I re-ran the universal novacom installer and used the default downloaded webosdoctor, retried WOSQI, same result.

tony
    Hello Jason.
    Running win7 64bit.
    webosQI 4.1.1

Every time i start up wqi, it states that Novacom Drivers Missing.
    After they install, everything works just fine.
    PayPal Make a donation and/or hit the Thanks button please
    My home page. >>>>>CMCS<<<<

9.    #429  
    Quote Originally Posted by tonybaroni View Post
    HI Jason

Thanks again for your help. Could you recommend my next troubleshooting steps?

I followed the instructions in two attempts.

I downloaded the Veer webosdoctor file, renamed it as recommended, re-ran the new universal novacom installer and pointed it at this file, and it reported a successful install.

I downloaded the new WOSQI.

I put the veer into developer mode ON, and attached to usb 2.0 port, said just charge.

Started WOSQI, and it said no device connected.

Next I re-ran the universal novacom installer and used the default downloaded webosdoctor, retried WOSQI, same result.

tony
    A few things. Since the release of WOSQI v4.1.1, you never need a webOSDoctor, even for the Veer.

In addition, every since the day I released WOSQI v4.1.1, my Universal Novacom Installer was updated to be veer-compatible by default.

A few suggwestions:
    - Go StartMenu->Run...->"services.msc", then look for "Palm Novacom", right click it and hit "Restart"
    - Try a different USB port on your computer
    - Try rebooting your computer and/or device
    - And if all else fails, try on a different computer, if possible

And make sure the USB cable used is one that has the power pins; the Palm-made ones included with devices will work, but it's know that some 3rd party cables won't.

Quote Originally Posted by warlord9159 View Post
    Hello Jason.
    Running win7 64bit.
    webosQI 4.1.1

Every time i start up wqi, it states that Novacom Drivers Missing.
    After they install, everything works just fine.
    Can ya do me a favour and tell me the full filepath where the novacom.exe from the driver gets installed to? probably just a new/unexpected filepath

yes, i meant 2.1.0 & the Pixi is an unmodified Sprint model.
    Quote Originally Posted by govotsos View Post
    @toaste You said you have webOS 2.1.1 on your Pre Plus. Did you mean 2.1.0? As far as I know, there's no 2.1.1 - it went from 2.1.0 to 2.1.2 with the Veer and there's no meta-doctor for that yet.

If your phone is really saying 2.1.1 that could be the problem.
    C:\Program Files\PDK\bin

more

Quote Originally Posted by Jason Robitaille View Post
    A few things. Since the release of WOSQI v4.1.1, you never need a webOSDoctor, even for the Veer.

In addition, every since the day I released WOSQI v4.1.1, my Universal Novacom Installer was updated to be veer-compatible by default.

A few suggwestions:
    - Go StartMenu->Run...->"services.msc", then look for "Palm Novacom", right click it and hit "Restart"
    - Try a different USB port on your computer
    - Try rebooting your computer and/or device
    - And if all else fails, try on a different computer, if possible

And make sure the USB cable used is one that has the power pins; the Palm-made ones included with devices will work, but it's know that some 3rd party cables won't.

Can ya do me a favour and tell me the full filepath where the novacom.exe from the driver gets installed to? probably just a new/unexpected filepath
    Attached Images Attached Images

Funny, the only novacom running in task manager is
    C:\Program Files (x86)\HP webOS\SDK\bin\novacomd\amd64\novacomd.exe

13.    #433  
    Thank you so much warlord9159

I've released a silent hotfix to WOSQI v4.1.1 as of the time of this post. If you are like warlord9159 and having repeated prompts for Novacom driver installation, then redownload v4.1.1. If you haven't had this issue, don't worry about it; it only affects a selective few.

Works great. thank you

Thank you so much warlord9159

I've released a silent hotfix to WOSQI v4.1.1 as of the time of this post.
    I've tried this silent solution, but it's not helped my problem:

I've got 2 PC's, home and work. Both have WOSQI v4.1.1 installed.
    My original Pre- works fine on both PC's, with WOSQI v4.1.1 able to 'see' them.

I've just got a Pre2, EU unlocked GSM.
    - My home PC works fine with this new Pre2 and I've put on Preware and other apps/patches.
    - My Work PC can not 'see' my Pre2. The work PC can still 'see' my Pre-.
    My Pre2 works fine in USB mode on the work PC.

Any thought on what I can try or test, to srot this out?
    Thanks.
    Thought of the day :
    No sense being pessimistic, it probably wouldn't work anyway
    Wow, the new terminal is great!!! Would be even nicer if you could scale it.
    Great work!
    Apps (they're all free now): Explorer for Dropbox – a Dropbox app for webOS that actually works (TP+phones), 3-panel-interface
    File Explorer – fast and simple file manager (root support on webOS 3)
    QuickChat for Facebook – real-time Facebook chat (broken)
    Archive Manager – extract and create archives (zip, rar, 7z, …)
    FTPit! – full-featured FTP client for webOS
    e-mail (contact, support) – if you like what I'm doing, feel free to (alternatively in USD)
    Hello Jason,

I noticed that WebOs Quick Install 4.1.1 offers no means to configure an Internet Proxy. So, using Quick Install on a private network (i.e. my company's ) is currently not possible. Would be great if you could include proxy configuration.

Regards,
    Uwe
    Last edited by unomog; 06/07/2011 at 09:06 AM.
  18.    #438  
    Quote Originally Posted by ChasT View Post
    I've got 2 PC's, home and work. Both have WOSQI v4.1.1 installed.
    My original Pre- works fine on both PC's, with WOSQI v4.1.1 able to 'see' them.

I've just got a Pre2, EU unlocked GSM.
    - My home PC works fine with this new Pre2 and I've put on Preware and other apps/patches.
    - My Work PC can not 'see' my Pre2. The work PC can still 'see' my Pre-.
    My Pre2 works fine in USB mode on the work PC.
    Interesting situation; the situation definitely narrows down the possibilities and known areas of issue.

Try running Universal Novacom Installler on your work PC. It's possible your work PC has an old version of the novacom driver, like the one from months back that didn't support the Pre2. UNI will update/install the novacom drivers to current version

Quote Originally Posted by unomog View Post
    I noticed that WebOs Quick Install 4.1.1 offers no means to configure an Internet Proxy. So, using Quick Install on a private network (i.e. my company's ) is currently not possible. Would be great if you could include proxy configuration.
    Should be able to do this via commandline arguments to launch WOSQI. See "Java application" section of Running Java with a proxy or firewall

Quote Originally Posted by unomog View Post
    Should be able to do this via commandline arguments to launch WOSQI. See "Java application" section of Running Java with a proxy or firewall
    This will help if the proxy is defined as a simply proxy and not an autoconfiguration file. Many businesses use the .pac autoconfiguration model which makes it difficult to enter a proxy and port since these are not directly given out.

In most cases the user has to be technical enough to download the pac file and read through it to find the proxy info.
  20.    #440  
    Quote Originally Posted by Unclevanya View Post
    This will help if the proxy is defined as a simply proxy and not an autoconfiguration file. Many businesses use the .pac autoconfiguration model which makes it difficult to enter a proxy and port since these are not directly given out.

In most cases the user has to be technical enough to download the pac file and read through it to find the proxy info.
    Honestly, I don't know too much about proxies, let alone how to adapt wosqi to use one. Add in the fact that I've literally only received a single donation in over the past 2 weeks, I'm having less and less motivation to invest time adding new features to WOSQI rather than just maintaining it and working on App Catalog apps
    Last edited by Jason Robitaille; 06/07/2011 at 03:34 PM.