Page 20 of 67 FirstFirst ... 10151617181920212223242530 ... LastLast
Results 381 to 400 of 1336
Like Tree205Likes
  1. #381  
    Very Good.. I think "WebOS Quick Install" is the most successful application for Palm Pre.
    WOW!!! It support simplified chinese? Very well!!!
    FATDOG from CANTON(P.R.China)
    Nokia 6150->Nokia 7110(MY LOVE!)->Sony P900->Treo600->Treo680->Treo750->Palm Pre
  2. #382  
    I am trying to move two years worth of memos from my Pre onto my desktop so I can sort and load them on a new phone, (android). The Pre is running OS 1.4.5. I am running W7 32 Bit. I installed WOSQI 4.4 and I have no problem opening it and seeing my phone. I can see the apps I've downloaded and also the patches. The phone is in Dev mode and I tap just charge when I plug in. The only abnormality I see is that the phone is not represented by a drive letter in my computer. The only way to get the drive letter is to tap USB Drive when I plug in.
    The files I am trying to move are these, PalmDatabase.db3 (I learned this from another forum).
    According to Mortisemaker's guides when I press the tools button in WOSQI I should see a drop down with Send File, Receive File, Delete File/Directory// Device Management, Themer, Tweaks//Linux Command Line.
    What I get is a drop down with Send File, Receive File, and Device Management.

    Am I using the right software and if so am I using it right???
  3. #383  
    Simply fantastic - gave thanks and donated!
  4. #384  
    I have installed Quick Install 4.04 on my computer (OS X 10.6.7) and it is not recognizing my device (Veer). Is this because it is a new device that is not yet supported?

    Thanks.
  5. #385  
    Quote Originally Posted by steveer View Post
    I have installed Quick Install 4.04 on my computer (OS X 10.6.7) and it is not recognizing my device (Veer). Is this because it is a new device that is not yet supported?
    You likely need the latest Novacom drivers.

    Alternatively, you can install the official HP/Palm SDK from developer.palm.com and use the palm-install tool to install Preware. That is guaranteed to always work on any new webOS device.

    -- Rod
    WebOS Internals and Preware Founder and Developer
    You may wish to donate by Paypal to donations @ webos-internals.org if you find our work useful.
    All donations go back into development.
    www.webos-internals.org twitter.com/webosinternals facebook.com/webosinternals
  6. #386  
    Quote Originally Posted by rwhitby View Post
    You likely need the latest Novacom drivers.

    Alternatively, you can install the official HP/Palm SDK from developer.palm.com and use the palm-install tool to install Preware. That is guaranteed to always work on any new webOS device.

    -- Rod
    Doesn't Quick Install require webosdoctor.jar? I thought that hadn't been released for the Veer yet.
  7. #387  
    Quote Originally Posted by govotsos View Post
    Doesn't Quick Install require webosdoctor.jar? I thought that hadn't been released for the Veer yet.
    Jason is best to answer that, but the alternative of using palm-install to install Preware on devices for which webOS Doctor support is not available yet works regardless.

    -- Rod
  8. #388  
    I just had a question. I just got my Palm Pixi Plus today, and was looking at themes on this site.

    Everything is telling me that I should be able to do it with this program, and install the .zip files with some option on the program called "Themer"

    However, all I see on my end are "Send File" "Recieve File" and "Device Manager". Am I missing something? Or did this option that the site keeps talking about get removed?

    Also, I was looking at the themes from the PreThemer feed from the globe icon in the program, and when I clicked "Install" on that, it popped up what I assume is a transfer window, but the theme didn't show up on the main webOS window.

    Please and thank you for helping me.
  9. #389  
    @AmyShepard:
    Just use Preware and activate the theme feeds, then you can install themes on-device.
    Apps (they're all free now): Explorer for Dropbox – a Dropbox app for webOS that actually works (TP+phones), 3-panel-interface
    File Explorer – fast and simple file manager (root support on webOS 3)
    QuickChat for Facebook – real-time Facebook chat (broken)
    Archive Manager – extract and create archives (zip, rar, 7z, …)
    FTPit! – full-featured FTP client for webOS
    e-mail (contact, support) – if you like what I'm doing, feel free to (alternatively in USD)
  10. #390  
    Hello! I have a problem too. When I'm trying to install something with quickinstall, it always stay stuck on the "installing" part. It can stay there for hours and I have to force quit the application. I'm using OSX 10.6.7. Thank you for your help.
  11. #391  
    How do I remove themes? I can't seem to find how to.
    Last edited by rorschach12; 05/29/2011 at 07:46 PM.
  12. #392  
    Hey~ I'm excited about your awesome work!
    But I have one problem...
    I keep getting error message...

    * From homebrew app - ERROR: An error occured while attempting to install [name of app file]

    An error ocurred, return value: 22.
    ipkg: invalid magic


    and

    * From Theme - Error reading source JSON of com.prethemer.themes.f990c6abbd

    Please contact the feed owner to get them to fix the error.


    Is anything I did wrong to get this message?

    What should I do??

    Please help me~! Thanks a lot!!
  13. warguy's Avatar
    Posts
    57 Posts
    Global Posts
    60 Global Posts
    #393  
    fixed
    Last edited by warguy; 06/02/2011 at 04:33 PM.
  14.    #394  
    Quote Originally Posted by rwhitby View Post
    Jason is best to answer that, but the alternative of using palm-install to install Preware on devices for which webOS Doctor support is not available yet works regardless.

    -- Rod
    To clarify on this: if Novacom drivers support your device, WOSQI will work.
    WebOSDoctor is not required for WOSQI 4.x.

    If your computer is able to use palm-install, WOSQI will work. They're both based on the same underlying novacom connection.
    If you've liked my software, please consider to towards future development.

    Developer of many apps such as: WebOS Quick Install, WebOS Theme Builder, Ipk Packager, Unified Diff Creator, Internalz Pro, ComicShelf HD, LED Torch, over 70 patches and more.

    @JayCanuck @CanuckCoding Facebook
  15. #395  
    Quote Originally Posted by Jason Robitaille View Post
    To clarify on this: if Novacom drivers support your device, WOSQI will work.
    WebOSDoctor is not required for WOSQI 4.x.

    If your computer is able to use palm-install, WOSQI will work. They're both based on the same underlying novacom connection.
    Thanks for the clarification.

    Everyone listen to Jason on this topic - he'll sort out your issues.

    -- Rod
  16.    #396  
    Quote Originally Posted by rwhitby View Post
    Thanks for the clarification.

    Everyone listen to Jason on this topic - he'll sort out your issues.

    -- Rod
    Speaking of, expect WebOS Quick Install v4.1 either tonight or tomorrow (at the rate coding is going right now)
    If you've liked my software, please consider to towards future development.

    Developer of many apps such as: WebOS Quick Install, WebOS Theme Builder, Ipk Packager, Unified Diff Creator, Internalz Pro, ComicShelf HD, LED Torch, over 70 patches and more.

    @JayCanuck @CanuckCoding Facebook
  17. #397  
    Thanks Jason for the response on the Veer question and Rod's comment. I've just moved to a Veer as well and it's not recognized.

    Unfortunately it's looking a bit like greek to me.

    Will the 4.1 fix that so I can use the original easy method to install preware?
  18. #398  
    Quote Originally Posted by tonybaroni View Post
    Thanks Jason for the response on the Veer question and Rod's comment. I've just moved to a Veer as well and it's not recognized.

    Unfortunately it's looking a bit like greek to me.

    Will the 4.1 fix that so I can use the original easy method to install preware?
    Using the novacom drivers from the Veer doctor, and palm-install from the official SDK, definitely works for installing Preware on a Veer, as that's the method I used for testing Preware on the Veer I had.

    -- Rod
    WebOS Internals and Preware Founder and Developer
    You may wish to donate by Paypal to donations @ webos-internals.org if you find our work useful.
    All donations go back into development.
    www.webos-internals.org twitter.com/webosinternals facebook.com/webosinternals
  19. #399  
    HI Rod

    I appreciate the help very much, thanks. I am not sure how to do what you're suggesting, but have done the following:
    1. Downloaded webos doctor for the veer, placed it in the same director as the quickinstall, and renamed it as recommended. Tried quick install and it still didn't recognize the device.
    2. Turned off and back on the developer mode, tried the other usb port on my pc, tried quick install again, same result.
    3. Downloaded and installed virtual box.
    4. Downloaded and installed the Palm SKD/PDK. Verified it was running properly by starting emulator, and by verifying the palm-generate command worked.

    I think I'm prepared now to do the palm-install, but I don't know how. Can you explain or point me to another page which would walk me through that?

    Thanks!
  20.    #400  
    Quote Originally Posted by tonybaroni View Post
    HI Rod

    I appreciate the help very much, thanks. I am not sure how to do what you're suggesting, but have done the following:
    1. Downloaded webos doctor for the veer, placed it in the same director as the quickinstall, and renamed it as recommended. Tried quick install and it still didn't recognize the device.
    2. Turned off and back on the developer mode, tried the other usb port on my pc, tried quick install again, same result.
    3. Downloaded and installed virtual box.
    4. Downloaded and installed the Palm SKD/PDK. Verified it was running properly by starting emulator, and by verifying the palm-generate command worked.

    I think I'm prepared now to do the palm-install, but I don't know how. Can you explain or point me to another page which would walk me through that?

    Thanks!
    Do this:

    1. Download and run my program Universal Novacom Installer
    2. Enable developer mode on your Veer
    3. Connect your device to your computer (on a powered usb port) and choose "Just Charge" on your Veer

    Now you should be able to open WOSQI and have your Veer recognized.


    FYI, WOSQI 4.1 will be out later today, and will work more like Universal Novacom Installer, in terms of how it will properly and quickly install the novacom drivers (if needed) without having to download a whole webOSDoctor or the SDK
    If you've liked my software, please consider to towards future development.

    Developer of many apps such as: WebOS Quick Install, WebOS Theme Builder, Ipk Packager, Unified Diff Creator, Internalz Pro, ComicShelf HD, LED Torch, over 70 patches and more.

    @JayCanuck @CanuckCoding Facebook

Similar Threads

  1. How to install Preware using WebOS Quick Install
    By larrymcj in forum Canuck Coding
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 04/23/2012, 04:09 PM
  2. Can't install webOS quick install on Veer
    By gregp in forum Canuck Coding
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 04/22/2012, 07:30 AM
  3. Replies: 4
    Last Post: 10/16/2010, 02:35 PM
  4. Can't Install themes using webOS quick install
    By fictional in forum Canuck Coding
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 08/16/2010, 05:47 PM
  5. Ubuntu & webOS Quick install- where did the install put it?
    By Speedwagon in forum Palm Pre and Pre Plus
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 11/01/2009, 08:00 PM

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions