Page 19 of 67 FirstFirst ... 9141516171819202122232429 ... LastLast
Like Tree205Likes
    Global Posts
    178 Global Posts
    So it is not possible i guess then?

Martin
    Running WebOS v2.24 on HPalm Pre3
    Hello everyone,

sorry to bother you with my question but i don't get anywhere with my Palm Homebrew App.

I looked at every instruction and tried to get it run on my Pre for xxx times but it doesn't work.

I am using my Palm Pre mobile (unlocked ) with the latest PAlm Pre Firmware (1.4.5) and downloaded WebOS Quick Install v4.04, checked my JAVA, downloaded Novacom and Web Os Doctor - everything as instrcuted.

After downloading Webos Doctor and Novacom, I try to start WebOs Quick install 4.04 but only the black-green screen with the Palm photo on it appears and nothing happens afterwards.

My Pre is plugged in, in devel. mode and just charge modus.

Do you know what I am doing wrong?

It would be more than kind if you could help me.

Thank you so much,
    Kristina
    <<thread merged>>

Kristina, you will be able to get the best help right here in the Quick Install forum.
    HI,I installed WebOS QI and seemed fine.... but no matter how many times I try, every time I try and install the doctor, it tells me that the instillation of the driver failed, and quits... I have a pre+ with WOS 1.4.5 02 UK and I'm using a relatively new macbook pro, with java 1.6... any help? thanks
    Last edited by jiggyb2; 04/28/2011 at 01:45 PM.
    When I run the file it seems to open the programme and tells me that no devices are connected, regardless of whether my Pre is plugged in charging in developer mode or not. Please help!
    Quote Originally Posted by jiggyb2 View Post
    HI,I installed WebOS QI and seemed fine.... but no matter how many times I try, every time I try and install the doctor, it tells me that the instillation of the driver failed, and quits... I have a pre+ with WOS 1.4.5 02 UK and I'm using a relatively new macbook pro, with java 1.6... any help? thanks
    Why do you want to "install the doctor"?
    Apps (they're all free now): Explorer for Dropbox – a Dropbox app for webOS that actually works (TP+phones), 3-panel-interface
    File Explorer – fast and simple file manager (root support on webOS 3)
    QuickChat for Facebook – real-time Facebook chat (broken)
    Archive Manager – extract and create archives (zip, rar, 7z, …)
    FTPit! – full-featured FTP client for webOS
    e-mail (contact, support) – if you like what I'm doing, feel free to (alternatively in USD)
    Global Posts
    12 Global Posts
    Any one wanna be awesome and help out a pre noob.... im trying to flash 2.1 on my device but i cant seems to figure out how
    when I said that, I mean when I try and install Quick install and have to install WebOS doctor, it refuses to install, just tells me that it fails.... It installed once, I got preware, but I moved the software (tidying the desktop) and it told me I had to install the doctor again..... sorry for being a noob btw :L
    jiggyb2:
    You don't have to install the webOS doctor, you just need to download it.
    Go to Webos Doctor Versions - WebOS Internals, download the doctor for your device, place it in the folder that Quick Install is in and rename it to "WebOSDoctor.jar".
    Then Quick Install should start up fine.

bobbb:
    See this wiki page: WebOS 2 Upgrade - WebOS Internals
    For questions about upgrading to webOS 2 this is the wrong thread, go to How to install webOS 2.1.0 on Pre+ and Pre- using the Meta-Doctor - PreCentral Forums
    Installing Preware with WOSQI v4.04 on to Pre- 1.4.5 is taking far longer than it should. I've restarted my computer, went to services.msc and restarted the Palm Novacom driver, the wheel spins and spins. Tried different USB ports in the back, I'm in DevMode. Not entirely sure what else I can do, I've installed Preware quite a few times and don't recall any issues such as this.
    Due to the cancellation of the penny, I no longer give 2 about anything. I may however, give a nickel
    Quote Originally Posted by sledge007 View Post
    Installing Preware with WOSQI v4.04 on to Pre- 1.4.5 is taking far longer than it should. I've restarted my computer, went to services.msc and restarted the Palm Novacom driver, the wheel spins and spins. Tried different USB ports in the back, I'm in DevMode. Not entirely sure what else I can do, I've installed Preware quite a few times and don't recall any issues such as this.
    If Novacomm is not installed or not installing correctly this helped me on one computer:

http://forums.precentral.net/web-os-...er-method.html

You would have to modify and save this change into the webOSDoctor but for webOSQuickInstall it worked for me.

Also I have one computer that I have had to do this on that will not run webOSQuickInstall 4.x but works fine with 3.x using this fix.
    sledge007:
    You could also try to install Preware via the standalone installer (Index of /) or palm-install from the webOS SDK.

Have you tried to reboot your phone yet?
    I've used it before for installing other .ipk's that have been posted on this site that weren't in the feeds. It's not just Preware, I've tried a couple of different items and same result. I'll check out that link, although I'm on 64bit Vista, I'm sure I can find something similar somewhere.

That's funny, I thought your avatar was "Trash Heap" from "Fraggle Rock".....lol sorta but not quite

Google Image Result for http://lifeisartislife.files.wordpress.com/2010/03/trashmonster.jpg
    Due to the cancellation of the penny, I no longer give 2 about anything. I may however, give a nickel
    Quote Originally Posted by pcworld View Post
    sledge007:
    You could also try to install Preware via the standalone installer (Index of /) or palm-install from the webOS SDK.

Restarting,(didn't work) but I'm going to think that it's something to do with Novacom. I've noticed a few times that if you restart your phone while it's plugged into the PC, when the phone powers up again, it says that some drivers haven't been installed properly, that could be it. It's almost bedtime for this cat, but I want to get my phone, semi-back to normal, beforehand.

Between the last few days of not being able to find my music from that 2.1 bug, deleting MPR 2.0.12 (which DanPLC tells me he has no idea how I got it on my unsupported phone (I downloaded the paid version the day it came out in the appcat, it got removed and put back on with a 2.1 requirement, then I got an update) so I snuck in there somehow) tried to get the Homebrew version after, and that one was unsupported as well, I had no choice but to doctor back to 1.4.5 to get MPR back on.

The Trials and Tribulatons ........fun fun fun

Reboot and reinstalling Novacomd didn't work, time for the standalone I guess, hope it works.
    Last edited by sledge007; 05/03/2011 at 08:43 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by pcworld View Post
    sledge007:

I deleted IE9 a few weeks ago, and went to Firefox, and it appears that I needed to reinstall Java....

Thanks for the prod in the right direction .....been a long night.

weird that wosqi didn't work, I tried that after installing java and before the standalone.
    On my Vista PC I have to restart Novacomm anytime I use either webOSDoctor or the developer activation bypass tool. I think webOSQuickInstall also causes this.

The symptom is that when I plug in the phone it goes right to charging without prompting for USB/Just Charge. (Note: I don't have any patches at the moment - fresh doctor).
    Quote Originally Posted by Unclevanya View Post
    On my Vista PC I have to restart Novacomm anytime I use either webOSDoctor or the developer activation bypass tool. I think webOSQuickInstall also causes this.

The symptom is that when I plug in the phone it goes right to charging without prompting for USB/Just Charge. (Note: I don't have any patches at the moment - fresh doctor).
    I've noticed that several times recently as well, something to keep an eye out for I guess. So what is your avatar, if it isn't the trash heap?
    Quote Originally Posted by sledge007 View Post
    I've noticed that several times recently as well, something to keep an eye out for I guess. So what is your avatar, if it isn't the trash heap?
    Just a generic Tree Man... found it searching the internet. Google Image Result for http://farm6.static.flickr.com/5225/5594029767_8c4da3dc17.jpg I'm bearded and it just "spoke" to me. I need to change it again soon. I have changed mine from time to time.
    Global Posts
    12 Global Posts
    Using WOSQI, installs begin to install-says downloading, installing, then abruptly quit. No aps or patches are ever found on the handset.
    I have current WebOS 1.4.5 and WOSQI 4.0.4. on a win 7 pro 32 bit machine. I have placed webos doctor in the correct folder and renamed it, and have Dev Mode on.
    I have heard of the problem before, but no solutions suggested. This is the second Pixi that I've experienced the problem with.
    Global Posts
    7 Global Posts
    I tried this version today and managed to toast my Verizon Pre+, v1.4.5. I was trying to install the patch 'Close on hangup' which appears to be a broken patch. Preware could not install it, but gave up gracefully. I tried Quick Install and now I have a bad install of the patch on my phone. Neither Quick Install, Preware, or EPR can remove it.

I also could not get FileMgr properly installed with Quick Install. Preware installed it just fine. Am I doing something wrong? I never had trouble with older versions of Quick Install.