Page 18 of 67 FirstFirst ... 8131415161718192021222328 ... LastLast
Like Tree205Likes
    @SprintPre-1983:
    Just use Preware. If you have Preware not installed, use the Preware stand-alone installers.
    Apps (they're all free now): Explorer for Dropbox – a Dropbox app for webOS that actually works (TP+phones), 3-panel-interface
    File Explorer – fast and simple file manager (root support on webOS 3)
    QuickChat for Facebook – real-time Facebook chat (broken)
    Archive Manager – extract and create archives (zip, rar, 7z, …)
    FTPit! – full-featured FTP client for webOS
    e-mail (contact, support) – if you like what I'm doing, feel free to (alternatively in USD)
    i still can't install speaker phone app with this newer version on webos 2.1 :/
    Quote Originally Posted by rigo0523 View Post
    i still can't install speaker phone app with this newer version on webos 2.1 :/
    Speaker phone app? And how is this related to Quick Install?
    Apps (they're all free now): Explorer for Dropbox – a Dropbox app for webOS that actually works (TP+phones), 3-panel-interface
    e-mail (contact, support) – if you like what I'm doing, feel free to (alternatively in USD)
    huhmm i thought it was going to help installing it but it didnt. Im still trying to figure it out
    there is not a guide really on how to use this version, but how do i revert my phone to its default settings? i think i accidently installed one theme over another one and now the startup from a theme i dont like is stuck on there. how do i start "fresh"?
    Quote Originally Posted by jackelinefernandez View Post
    there is not a guide really on how to use this version, but how do i revert my phone to its default settings? i think i accidently installed one theme over another one and now the startup from a theme i dont like is stuck on there. how do i start "fresh"?
    Visit http://palm.com/rom, there are instructions to recover.
    Global Posts
    13 Global Posts
    Thanks pcworld because I have same problem...
    "Welcome In My World and Smille"
    use the webos repair utility, saves all your info, just will fix the theme problem
    i don't know if this is the right spot or not, i downloaded everything and it work beautifully, this is the second time of downloading everything because my computer decided to crash and i couldn't afford someone to help me find everything to be put back on my computer, so.... i redid everything, which included my phone, erased everything on my phone but got it all back from the back up but..... my contacts are really screwed up, i can't add, when i click on contact nothing shows up, i have double and some dont work, when i delete a contact it comes back..... Please tell me what i am missing.
    CarolynRosePedersen:
    How did you restore?
  11. P6
    Jason, very nice. Where are the tweaks now? I want to get rid of round corners on my P100EWW model and used to do it via the WOSQI.
    anybody know how to download the themes for this version? when i go to the themes and try to install them the window of the theme im trying to download closes and when i go to check if its on the quick install its no where to be found. ive also tried downloading themes from the website and just putting it into quick install from a folder but that doesnt seem to work either. if it matters i have a palm pixi. if anyone could email me or send me a video(londonwplummer@hotmail.com) i would appreciate it!
    Did you try it with Preware too? (You have to enable the themes feeds in Preware first.)
    it helpfull
    Any ideas as to why WOSQI (version 4.04 or 3.14) won't see my Pre+ since I moved to 2.1.0? I was able to get the standalone version of preware on my phone (whew!), but this is a bit limiting. Thanks in advance.
    Quote Originally Posted by toaste View Post
    Any ideas as to why WOSQI (version 4.04 or 3.14) won't see my Pre+ since I moved to 2.1.0? I was able to get the standalone version of preware on my phone (whew!), but this is a bit limiting. Thanks in advance.
    DevMode activated? (sorry for that question, probably yes since you got Preware installed)
    Does "novacom -l" list your device? (not sure but maybe you need the SDK for this)
    Quote Originally Posted by pcworld View Post
    DevMode activated? (sorry for that question, probably yes since you got Preware installed)
    Does "novacom -l" list your device? (not sure but maybe you need the SDK for this)
    not sure what you mean by "novacom -l", but I updated novacom via Universal Novacom Installer, restarted novacom via the computer management screen and still no recognition.

Ver 4.04 opens, says no devices are connected and connect a device and then relaunch WebOS Quick Install, then closes.

Ver 3.14 will at least stay open and let me do a Tools > Device Management but isn't able to find the phone. If I tell it to install, it says Connection refused: connect, then no device found. I then get connecting to device and it just sits there.

Odd
    Install the webOS SDK, run "novacom -l" on the command line and look for the output.
    Are you on Windows?
    Global Posts
    178 Global Posts
    Lo,

I want to be able to use WebOSQuickInstall to queue up tweaks/apps for installation later on when i connect my pre1 to the windows box.

However WebOSQuickInstall always asks for the device to be connected.

Is there another way to pile up a few installs on a windows PC using other software or a work around?

Thanks for your time

Martin
    Last edited by trott3r; 04/25/2011 at 03:55 PM.
    Running WebOS v2.24 on HPalm Pre3
    <<merged>>