Page 17 of 67 FirstFirst ... 7121314151617181920212227 ... LastLast
Like Tree205Likes
    Im using Webos quick install 4.04 on my palm pre sprint version 1.4.5, every time i try installing a game which it says is a package file i click install and when it finishes i reboot my pre but the game doesnt appear. Can someone tell me whats wrong?
    First of all, thank you for this great program !
    I'm new to the palm, and am really enjoying it

Question about device recognition
    My palm pixi plus is recognized as so
    My palm pre plus running doctored Os 2.1 is recognized as palm pre only
    Is this to be expected?
    Thanks!
    Global Posts
    226 Global Posts
    I tried this with Universal Novacom Installer and 4.04 still will not working

"ERROR: Unable to copy appid.sh to device"
    Are the feeds down? Im getting the systems is busy error again...
    Help keep WebOS homebrew alive! Donate to WebOS Internals!

Sprint Pre Plus - WebOS 2.1.0 - F105 Thunderchief Kernel

Einhorn is Finkel! ... Finkel is Einhorn!

-- Sent from my Palm Pre
    Hi, I donated to the dev earlier today so would appreciate a bit of help figuring out where I'm going wrong.

I have a palm pre - it's a factory unlocked version (sim-free) whatever you want to call it (GSM european version). Running webOS 1.4.5 I believe.

I have entered dev mode on my pre, I have downloaded/installed and am running WebOS Quick Install, connected by USB using 'charge only'. It installed a large download the first time I ran the program, nova something I assume.

Anyway I am certain that my device is recognised by the program as I can go into the device management tab from the tools menu bar along the top, it lists my installed programs, gives info about my phone etc. I can even delete apps I've previously installed from the Palm App Catalogue from within this menu so I'm sure my phone and computer are connected.

When I click on the icon of the world that opens up a new window with all the apps/services/patches/plugins etc, I can browse everything, I can even click on an app. Say 'Preware' and click 'install'. A small window even appears that says 'downloading' then it says 'Transferring' then the window disappears.... I assume it installed it somwhere...

So I close that window and go back to the main 'WebOS Quick Install' screen, but where it says 'files to install', in the main white box, there's never anything there??

I've tried the above method with several apps and keep getting the same result.

Where am I going wrong? I'm sure it's something obvious I just can't get it.

Thanks for any help, much appreciated.

Roy.
    Ok not sure how as still no files etc appear in the main WebOS Quick Install screen, but the preware app has appeared on my pre.
    webosdoctor wont install getting a null error and dont know y any help
    Is there any way WOSQI can use the wi-fi on the computer to install the AUPT scripts instead of the data on the phone?

I ask because I've currently been using WOSQI 3.14 because of the patch issue. I don't get good reception at home and the wifi on the Pre is weak, so it's constantly going in and out in the area where I do my work. Makes patching kind of a pain...
    screwdestiny
    PSN Twitter Last.FM
    it said no device found what am i doing wrong
    I cant seem to get my patches to show in the list in device management

Any ideas how I can remove them?

Im on a Pre 2 with 2.1, they installed fine (and showed in the list) but nothing since then. I have tried different versions with no luck
    Quote Originally Posted by malpha View Post
    Is there any way WOSQI can use the wi-fi on the computer to install the AUPT scripts instead of the data on the phone?
    I think Quick Install uses the internet connection of your computer, not that one of your Pre.
    Quote Originally Posted by busracer912 View Post
    it said no device found what am i doing wrong
    Dev Mode...?

@Groovephase:
    Can you see them in Preware?
    Apps (they're all free now): Explorer for Dropbox – a Dropbox app for webOS that actually works (TP+phones), 3-panel-interface
    File Explorer – fast and simple file manager (root support on webOS 3)
    QuickChat for Facebook – real-time Facebook chat (broken)
    Archive Manager – extract and create archives (zip, rar, 7z, …)
    FTPit! – full-featured FTP client for webOS
    e-mail (contact, support) – if you like what I'm doing, feel free to (alternatively in USD)
    Quote Originally Posted by pcworld View Post
    I think Quick Install uses the internet connection of your computer, not that one of your Pre.
    No, it uses the one on your Pre.
    screwdestiny
    PSN Twitter Last.FM
    No, it uses the one on your Pre.
    malpha I have a pre that I was trying to patch at work and it needed the gnu and lsdiff patch. I couldn't download those files because the work firewall prevented me from going to that location. I wish I could use my data connection and I could have completed the work. I have never known webos to use the wifi connection of the Pre from the computer. That would be almost saying webos was using tethering to connect to the internet. Now if you were tethering I could see how that would happen but I have never experienced webos using my pre's wifi to install patches.

Edit: I just installed patches on a dev pre I have and turned the wifi off on the pre to test your scenario and webos still installed the gnu and lsdiff patches with no signal on my pre and installed the other patches I needed with no issues.
    Quote Originally Posted by Roy_Drage View Post
    Ok not sure how as still no files etc appear in the main WebOS Quick Install screen, but the preware app has appeared on my pre.
    This version when you see the install taking place it is taking place. You will only see app/patches in the white window when you have the ipks on your computer or some other location and you drag them into the area and click install.
    Quote Originally Posted by mamouton View Post
    malpha I have a pre that I was trying to patch at work and it needed the gnu and lsdiff patch. I couldn't download those files because the work firewall prevented me from going to that location. I wish I could use my data connection and I could have completed the work. I have never known webos to use the wifi connection of the Pre from the computer. That would be almost saying webos was using tethering to connect to the internet. Now if you were tethering I could see how that would happen but I have never experienced webos using my pre's wifi to install patches.

Edit: I just installed patches on a dev pre I have and turned the wifi off on the pre to test your scenario and webos still installed the gnu and lsdiff patches with no signal on my pre and installed the other patches I needed with no issues.
    Well, that's great, but I can turn off the wifi on my computer and if I move my phone to a decent service area, the patch will still install.

If WOSQI used my computer wifi off the bat, then I wouldn't be getting the AUPT errors. I can open up any webpage on my computer where WOSQI will give me an error about not being able to download the scripts. The only time it doesn't is when my Pre is getting service.

I'm on Linux, maybe it's having a problem accessing the wifi on Linux.

Edit: It's easy to download something via data/wifi on the phone, it just has to use wget command from the phone to download. Same way one installs Preware from the terminal.
    screwdestiny
    PSN Twitter Last.FM
    Global Posts
    11 Global Posts
    I'm trying to follow the instructions to install WebOS Doctor 4.04 on my PP 2 GSM but i can't seem to get it to work. Does it even work on a Pre 2? Help with installation? Everything is referring to Pre plus or the original pre.
    Global Posts
    398 Global Posts
    I received my Dev Pre 2 (Verizon) yesterday, and today I was following the instructions on webos-internals to install Preware from the ipk (I already have SDK 2.0 installed, downloaded and ran the Doctor to update novacom) and realized I should check to see how the webos QuickInstall was doing - and as expected it was updated and ready for me. took all of about a minute to have Preware installed.

new donation on it's way as soon as I get my fav patches installed Thanks! Clarice

edit: I've been using an older version of quick install since last summer on my Win7 64-bit, so while I can confirm to the prior poster that it works on a Pre 2, I can't offer any advice - good luck!
    Well, that's great, but I can turn off the wifi on my computer and if I move my phone to a decent service area, the patch will still install.

If WOSQI used my computer wifi off the bat, then I wouldn't be getting the AUPT errors. I can open up any webpage on my computer where WOSQI will give me an error about not being able to download the scripts. The only time it doesn't is when my Pre is getting service.

I'm on Linux, maybe it's having a problem accessing the wifi on Linux.

Edit: It's easy to download something via data/wifi on the phone, it just has to use wget command from the phone to download. Same way one installs Preware from the terminal.
    Maybe that is it then I am running windows xp and I wish there was times I could use my Pre's connection to finish up the tweaking at times.

-- Sent from my Palm Pre using Forums
    Quote Originally Posted by diffstyle View Post
    I'm trying to follow the instructions to install WebOS Doctor 4.04 on my PP 2 GSM but i can't seem to get it to work. Does it even work on a Pre 2? Help with installation? Everything is referring to Pre plus or the original pre.
    You can't install Quick Install on your Pre, because it is a program for your computer which allows you installing apps via USB on your Pre.
    If you only want to install Preware, check out the Preware standalone installers.
    Make sure to put your device in DevMode before (google for that).
    Apps (they're all free now): Explorer for Dropbox – a Dropbox app for webOS that actually works (TP+phones), 3-panel-interface
    File Explorer – fast and simple file manager (root support on webOS 3)
    QuickChat for Facebook – real-time Facebook chat (broken)
    Archive Manager – extract and create archives (zip, rar, 7z, …)
    FTPit! – full-featured FTP client for webOS
    e-mail (contact, support) – if you like what I'm doing, feel free to (alternatively in USD)
    I am having issues with quick install. I've have deleted and re-installed countless times. Everytime I try to load the feeds it says

ERROR: Feed Loading Failed.

I cant get it to work. Any thoughts as to why this is happening or how to rectify this issue? Thanks in advance.
    Sprint Palm Pre+ WebOS 2.1 W/ Flash. OC'D 500/1.1ghz.