Page 16 of 67 FirstFirst ... 611121314151617181920212666 ... LastLast
Like Tree205Likes
    @sunr1se:
    If you only want to install Preware, you could try the Preware standalone installer
    I type upupdowndownleftrightleftrightbastart and the "Developer mode Enabler" icon appears, but when I tap on it nothing happens. The program doesn't start, so I can't enable the developer mode and install apps. Can anyone help me, please?
    Quote Originally Posted by bane0406 View Post
    I type upupdowndownleftrightleftrightbastart and the "Developer mode Enabler" icon appears, but when I tap on it nothing happens. The program doesn't start, so I can't enable the developer mode and install apps. Can anyone help me, please?
    Try rebooting the phone. This often helps in such strange situations
    Quote Originally Posted by pcworld View Post
    Try rebooting the phone. This often helps in such strange situations
    Thank you, but this didn't help. It seems like i'm the only one having this problem. Should I run webOS doctor to reset the phone? I have never done this, could this harm my phone in any way?
    @bane0406:
    Which version of webOS do you have?
    Did you try "webos20090606"?

webOS Doctor deletes all apps, its settings, all databases (contacts, calendar, ...) and in some cases (Pre 2s, and older webOS Doctors) it removes all files on the USB drive (FAT partition).
    @pcworld:
    I have webOS 1.4.5. I tried "webos20090606", and the same thing happened. I bought unlocked phone and I don't know if devmode enabler was damaged during unlocking whether webOS doctor can repair it.
    Thanks PCworld - I've now managed get preware onto my webOs2.1 pre minus.
    Loaded all my favorite patches and programs back onto it and also tried the new Uberkernel with Govnah (currently running screenstate 500/800) but I'm experiencing some terrible "lags" from time to time.
    Often have the impression that the device is greatly suffering in multitasking situations. If 1 application is loading or downloading something or let's just say when the device is actively doing something, you can't do anything else - it doesn't even react to touching the dispay in these situations.

Any idea what could have went wrong? is it the Uberkernel or could have something gone wrong while building the special webos doctor for me minus?
    It's simply the constrained memory of the Pre- causing things to be swapped to slow flash memory.

Palm did say that the hardware was not up to the job for a 2.x Pre- and you are experiencing that now.

-- Rod
    OK thought of that as well. Sure there is a reason they didn't release it for the minus
    So will a Pre Plus run (noticeably) smoother then or would I need at least a Pre2?
    Quote Originally Posted by rwhitby View Post
    Palm did say that the hardware was not up to the job for a 2.x Pre- and you are experiencing that now.
    But the Pre Minus (and probably Plus) are not able to (smoothly) run 1.4.5 too... So it doesn't matter whether you run 1.4.5 or 2.1.0.
    Didnt the older version have a file select where we could download then tell quick install to install it? I see the catagory browser but it doesnt seem to be loading the browser.

"loading theme feeds" is all it says... been doing that for about a hour.
    Last edited by purplelibra83; 03/23/2011 at 11:32 AM.
    Ok I have a palm+ 1.4.5.I have downloaded the most recent web os.It has installed fine with novacom drivers and have Java inst etc.I have it in dev mode and have turned off and made sure the phone is in dev mode several times.I cannont for the life of me get it to detect device.I am in "charging mode also.I have tried on a win7 and xp and cannont get it to see device.I am sorry for asking such a dumb question.
    have 1.4.5 and win vista. installed doctor and quick install. downloaded ipk files. works great!

thanks!
    Quote Originally Posted by Spikea4 View Post
    That appeared to work, it opened. Thank You!
    i have read & read & read.. i need help! i have installed preware before, had to reset my phone due to it not texting 1 person only. fixed that, went to re install preware. everything seemed to install properly on the computer (webos quick install etc..) still saying device not found... i don't have that 86 folder people are saying to copy & paste into..
    i have vista.. help, help, please help!
    After trying several things myself I downloaded webos 4.4 from dropbox.com,Then I tried EVERY usb port onmy computer and now it works
    @twinynumber2:
    The usual question: Developer mode enabled?
    Take also a look on the Preware standalone installers.
    Apps (they're all free now): Explorer for Dropbox – a Dropbox app for webOS that actually works (TP+phones), 3-panel-interface
    File Explorer – fast and simple file manager (root support on webOS 3)
    QuickChat for Facebook – real-time Facebook chat (broken)
    Archive Manager – extract and create archives (zip, rar, 7z, …)
    FTPit! – full-featured FTP client for webOS
    e-mail (contact, support) – if you like what I'm doing, feel free to (alternatively in USD)
    Quote Originally Posted by pcworld View Post
    @twinynumber2:
    The usual question: Developer mode enabled?
    Take also a look on the Preware standalone installers.
    nope, nothing!
    Everytime I try to Install the novacom driver to run WebOS Quick Install, I get an error message that says "ERROR: Driver installation failed". I already have Webos doctor installed, so what's the issue?

Im on a macbook Pro 10.5.8
    Java's up to date
    and im using a palm pixi plus
    @agentorange009, I get the exact same error.

I'm on an iMac 10.6.7, everything is up to date. ***?
    Can't seem to get the Tweeks and also some of the Patches are missing in the Quick Install menu