Page 15 of 67 FirstFirst ... 510111213141516171819202565 ... LastLast
Like Tree205Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by bmwc23 View Post
    it keeps saying no device connected when its connected...help?
    Developer mode on?
    I ad to remove and reinstall Novacom to get WOSQI to find my Pre+. It was working fine and then all of a sudden if could not find the device. It's work now.
    Pilot 5K->Palm IIIc->Tungsten T/T2->Treo 650/680 -> Pre+ (1.4.5 & Uberkernel)
    HELP... sry quick ?... i dl'd webosquickinstall 4.04 and every time i try and run it it gets stuck on the pretty black and green pre pic.. the only time i break through that screen is when i end the novacom process in task manager, it then states "no device connected" and when i close the dialog box it closes QuickInstall...

NE Ideas..?!?!

attempting to install preware on legacy sprint pre(original) already upgraded to 2.1.0
    Quote Originally Posted by afghan_ninja View Post
    HELP... sry quick ?... i dl'd webosquickinstall 4.04 and every time i try and run it it gets stuck on the pretty black and green pre pic.. the only time i break through that screen is when i end the novacom process in task manager, it then states "no device connected" and when i close the dialog box it closes QuickInstall...

NE Ideas..?!?!

attempting to install preware on legacy sprint pre(original) already upgraded to 2.1.0
    Try to start Quick Install via "java -jar WebOSQuickInstall-4.04" from the command line and post error messages (even if that might not help you).
    LOL got it wrking after uninstalling Novacom and reinstalling... only to hit another dead end,, it detects my device however lists no apps patches or programs(preware), only themes in the download button...?!?!?!

NE ideas..

and thx 4 ur help sofar
    Quote Originally Posted by afghan_ninja View Post
    only to hit another dead end,, it detects my device however lists no apps patches or programs(preware), only themes in the download button...?!?!?!
    What webOS version do you have? An official one?
    Quote Originally Posted by pcworld View Post
    Try to start Quick Install via "java -jar WebOSQuickInstall-4.04" from the command line and post error messages (even if that might not help you).
    Quote Originally Posted by pcworld View Post
    What webOS version do you have? An official one?
    Running 2.1.0 on pre- not OFFICIAL...

ended up attempting install through alt. means(not WOSQI) and it seems to have wrked, will update in a while after i see if this install wrked

Alt-means:
    Application:Preware - WebOS Internals

THX..!!!!

EDIT: DAMN it wrked except the "Package Updates" and "Available Packages" options are greyed out and unselectable...!

EDIT EDIT: Nevermnd after updating feeds problem corrected itself..!!!!

Thanks for all the help...
    Last edited by afghan_ninja; 03/14/2011 at 10:12 AM.
    hi everyone!
    i have tried to download WebOS Quick Install v4.04
    it gets to 100% and then just sits there, it has been about 25 mins of this.
    i have windows 7 could this be the problem?
    i am also Canadian and when it asked for my service provider i put bell mobility
    someone please help
    Now my only prob is when it says to dbl click on webosquickinstall.jar, well I d't c it at all.
    So I guess I'm stuck on the last part of the dwnld
    Got a problem with WQI: When ran in the command line (Ubuntu 10.10, Pre 2 GSM), the installation of an app takes really long (20 sec without a command line, 5 min with command line).

The command line output is following:
    Running process: [/usr/local/bin/novacom, -d, 3ac7af84ceccb43f3be8b3f43b6fa7380bd108e0, --, run, file:///usr/bin/pgrep, -f, ipkg]
    Running process: [/usr/local/bin/novacom, -d, 3ac7af84ceccb43f3be8b3f43b6fa7380bd108e0, --, run, file:///bin/ls, -d, /media/cryptofs/apps/usr/lib/ipkg/info/com.testapp.control]

The output is written to the console about 10 times a second. The CPU load is around 40 % (without console 5-10 %). Is that a bug or a feature?
    I think the issue many are having is that older versions of novacom drivers are running, or part of an old install is still present. I had this happen to me last fall, and it seems to be happening again.

My guess is that I haven't rebooted my Mac since I last connected via USB, so some old driver is already running? Not sure, will try tonight. The instructions always point out NOT to connect until prompted, and NOT to select USB mode (use Charge Only), but if you previously did, you may need to reboot, or even find/kill/uninstall the old files.

Just a guess.
    KA1
    Visor Deluxe->Visor Prism/Digital Link->Treo 650->Treo 700p->Pre->GSM Unlocked Pre 2 (wifi only)->FrankenPre + Touchpad 32 ->+ Touchpad 4G ATT + ATT Pre3 + 64 White Touchpad... bliss.
    i been in Iraq for a year and i was tryna get me phone back up to par and i am unable to get into the filecoaster. I cant do anything anymore as far as homebrew'd apps. I did the update to my phone so it has the lastest OS system so any IDEA'S.. I have the Palm Pre. I knw some updates have been added so if i can get any help i thank u in advance
    My wife has the Evo and i was lookin at it and seeing what all it does then it died on me,lol i was on it maybe 15mins at the max a few games of Angry Birds and then it beeped and made another beep and it died i said dam. So we did a comparsion of phones and the only up she has on the pre is the Background moves which is a nice addition if i might add like if its raining outside and u view the weather it will rain on the screen and show a windshield wiper come across the screen and wipe it, then it dies LOL

I'ma still stick ride with the Pre its a good phone and still is jus as good as a lot of the other phones out there wit the sucky battery life
    Last edited by bevcraw; 03/17/2011 at 08:09 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by fatboy1880 View Post
    i been in Iraq for a year and i was tryna get me phone back up to par and i am unable to get into the filecoaster. I cant do anything anymore as far as homebrew'd apps. I did the update to my phone so it has the lastest OS system so any IDEA'S.. I have the Palm Pre. I knw some updates have been added so if i can get any help i thank u in advance
    Use Preware instead.

If you can't download WOSQI from this thread, there are other alternatives at http:// install . preware . org /

-- Rod
    WebOS Internals and Preware Founder and Developer
    You may wish to donate by Paypal to donations @ webos-internals.org if you find our work useful.
    All donations go back into development.
    www.webos-internals.org twitter.com/webosinternals facebook.com/webosinternals
    So when i try to go to Preware and update and app it says Error see IPKG Log i dont understand what that means i believe it has something to do with me having the older version of the quick start i wonder if it matters when u downloaded it i did it maybe a Year and a couple months ago. Do u need to stay current with the quick start.? I can add and app or update any advise please
    Quote Originally Posted by totalj View Post
    Ok so I ran into a new problem... But its not a huge one. It's Themes.

Everything works fine. I am able to install from the PC to the Pre with no problems. Then I downloaded Preware to the Pre and can still install various things on there.. However, from the PC, it seems it won't install themes. Likewise, there's no option in Preware to install themes. I'm confused...

EDIT: READING IS AWESOME.

I figured it out.
    so i tried reading... apparently not my thing.. how do you instal the themes?
    Uninstalling the show download count patch after booting, deletes the webosinternals.orig copies of the patched files (as it should in this case) as well as the original files it should restore. I reported that in the patch thread, but now have copies of the log file (attached). It's a log of
    1. uninstall
    2. install (after restoring the original files manually)
    Both report Success.

The Pre-log clearly states it does delete those files:
    Code:
    All of the files in the patch are already stock (most likely due to OTA update)
    Removing created file /media/cryptofs/apps/usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.findapps/app/controllers/details-assistant.jsjsjs
    $Removing$ $created$ $file$ /$media$/$cryptofs$/$apps$/$usr$/$palm$/$applications$/$com$.$palm$.$app$.$findapps$/$app$/$views$/$details$/$details$-$all$.$html$
    $Removing$ $created$ $file$ /$media$/$cryptofs$/$apps$/$usr$/$palm$/$applications$/$com$.$palm$.$app$.$findapps$/$sources$.$json$

----------------------------------
    $Cleaning$ $up$ $backups$...
    ----------------------------------
    $file$: /$media$/$cryptofs$/$apps$/$usr$/$palm$/$applications$/$com$.$palm$.$app$.$findapps$/$app$/$controllers$/$details$-$assistant$.$js$
    $file$ $md5sum$:      
    $orig$ $md5sum$:      $11367809d86ec89570c132be15965480$
    $palm$ $md5sum$:      
    $Remove$ $backup$
    $file$: /$media$/$cryptofs$/$apps$/$usr$/$palm$/$applications$/$com$.$palm$.$app$.$findapps$/$app$/$views$/$details$/$details$-$all$.$html$
    $file$ $md5sum$:      
    $orig$ $md5sum$:      $267017d6500892c2391376cc0a3f9f60$
    $palm$ $md5sum$:      
    $Remove$ $backup$
    $file$: /$media$/$cryptofs$/$apps$/$usr$/$palm$/$applications$/$com$.$palm$.$app$.$findapps$/$sources$.$json$
    $file$ $md5sum$:      
    $orig$ $md5sum$:      $7f0aa52b7402a836573da8e7421e0d1b$
    $palm$ $md5sum$:      
    $Remove$ $backup$
    $SUCCESS$
    Is it perhaps the location of this app that interferes? Location is:
    /media/cryptofs/apps/usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.findapps/
    Hey guys, I just flashed my 1st gen pre (the one with the button underneath the display) EU Version: o2 Germany with WebOS 2.1 and now wanted to get preware on it.

On my PC (W7 32 bit) I downloaded the WebOS Quick Install jar from the 1st page of this thread (version 4.04) but when I launch it and click on the "feed" button (globe icon underneath the + and - button on the right side) I just get an error message "FEHLER: Laden der feeds fehlgeschlagen" which could be translated like "ERROR: unable to load feeds" even though I am able to put the feed address into my web browser and can thereby see that the URL in fact is up and reachable.

Deleted and re-downloaded the WQI 4.04 jar now several times and tried in different folders - still the same message.
    Pre is connected via USB and in "Charge only" mode. Developer Mode is of course switched on.

Do I still need to have a certain version of WebOS Doctor in the same directory?

Probably its just stupid me - but plz anyone help

PS here's a screenshot of the error message
    http://i52.tinypic.com/k4t99u.jpg
    Still no clue what's going wrong with this on my notebook but it's working fine on my desktop at home, so no need to worry any more.

cheers!