Page 10 of 67 FirstFirst ... 567891011121314152060 ... LastLast
Like Tree205Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by totalj View Post
    Ok so dumb*** me bricked my phone. After getting it all setup, and running again (damn me for not thinking the 1ghz kernel wasn't good enough... just had to try the 1.2ghz kernel.. Luckily, it just wouldn't boot my phone..) I have a question..

I'm too tired to get preware up. I've spent 11 hours trying to just download the damn correct webOSdoctor (it kept timing out, or just finishing too early, to where I just downloaded 2mbs at a time, paused, resumed, downloaded 2 more mbs.. rinse, wash, repeat).. But enough of that.. my point...

Will any webOSdoctor program work for preware? Or do I need to use the one that webOS Quick Install downloaded? Because I deleted that one in frustration when it wouldn't reboot my phone..

(I live in the middle of nowhere, and rely on a Virgin Mobile MiFi Hotspot with no cap, runs at between 75kbs/sec to 600kbs/sec in my area for my broadband internet. My other two choices are dial-up, and thats both too slow, and won't let me on XBL or my PSP, or Satellite "Broadband", which after looking up, has daily bandwidth caps of 75mbs, and monthly caps at around 10gbs.. Which I would just obliterate. And has usual speeds of 700bytes/sec to 5kbs/sec. So downloading something on my option alone can be time consuming.. Man I miss the city...)
    This is a classic example of the conditions under which you should *NOT* test experimental kernels.

If you were reading the experimental testing threads as all alpha testers are required to do, you would have seen the memboot instructions to recover from this situation.
    -- Rod
    I did. And tried to figure them out.

I'm not that computer savvy... But hey, I regularly backup everything and my phone is just fine now. In all honesty, it was much easier to do.

You know.. we all live and learn.
    Quote Originally Posted by totalj View Post
    I did. And tried to figure them out.

I'm not that computer savvy... But hey, I regularly backup everything and my phone is just fine now. In all honesty, it was much easier to do.

You know.. we all live and learn.
    Glad you're back up and running.

Perhaps stick to UberKernel now

-- Rod
    Keeping to it. I had nothing but awesome things to say about it. Of course, surprisingly enough I've been able to keep it at a decent temp while at 1ghz. Of course, I like my house really cold, and usually see low temp ratings...

http://a8.sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphot..._8182971_n.jpg

That's after playing VBA.

Anywhos.. Best keep this back on topic...

Instead of making a brand new post about it and cluttering up the boards... I've noticed that my phone has run much smoother, and I'm actually able to sucessfully install preware that once wouldn't install before my webOSdoctor-ing. Tether is awesome. Oh. My. God.
    Last edited by totalj; 02/19/2011 at 07:40 AM.
    Thanks!
    when i try to download webos quick install 4, it says i need to temporarily install doctor. i click ok but it always says download failed. it also says it cannot connect or find my device. can anyone help? i have pre 2 with 2.0.1.. thanks!
    Quote Originally Posted by endotronic View Post
    For those of you having trouble, I suggest trying this:
    Copy "C:\Program Files\Palm, Inc" to "C:\Program Files (x86)\Palm, Inc" and try again. Hope that helps!
    Thanks for this tip endotronic. Worked like a charm. Now I just need to get device manager list to load up.
    Global Posts
    18 Global Posts
    I spent over an hour trying to get this to work using windows 7 x64 but my video driver kept crashing for some reason (ati 5770) and then it would say I had no device connected.

Tried the same process under ubuntu 10.10 x64 and it finished in about 2 minutes.

Thanks for the great app! :-)
    my computer will still not recognize my device. always tries to make me re download novacom and the DR. whats up with that, any advice?
    Thanks! Appreciate for the great work!
    I tried this today today, and I was also getting frustrated about the same problem everyone else seems to be having. I also got the message about Novacom not being installed every time I launched the program, and after installing, it would never see my Pre.

I looked further into the problem, and I noticed that the 64-bit Novacom was being installed, but Java is 32-bit on my computer. Assuming that Novacom was running in a separate process rather than being loaded by the 32-bit process, I copied the Palm directory from Program Files to Program Files (x86) where Java would see it. Voila! Everything works.

Copy "C:\Program Files\Palm, Inc" to "C:\Program Files (x86)\Palm, Inc" and try again. Hope that helps!
    I think I tried EVERY suggestion on EVERY forum. Nothing got WebOsQuickInstall to work for my Pre 2

Untill...

I did what you told me... Copied folder into x86.....

T H A N K S
    That's great on the x86 folder, thanks for the help!
    Is there anywhere I can manually install the Novacom driver for Mac OS X? Every time I try through QuickInstall it says that the download fails.
    Global Posts
    13 Global Posts
    Great program!!
    can you please give me a link for novacom its not installing properly on my mac
    Global Posts
    70 Global Posts
    Great job on the new version! Maybe I am missing something stupid, but where is the squarify your screen setting? Used to be under tweaks on the older version?
    whats the diffrence between the quickinstall versions?
    That did the trick. Thanks man!
    I'm having problems too though slightly different. I couldn't get quickinstall to start at first, but copying all the files to x86 folder made it suddenly spring into life. However, while it seems to go through the motions of installing nothing actually ends up on the phone.

Any ideas? I've tried installing lots of apps: rebooting, restarting services, in and out of dev mode and not a one appeared in launcher.

just for info: I recently doctored my O2 pre plus to webos 2.1 (it's quite nice but I am kinda regretting it)
    thx

thxxx

thxxxxxx

thxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxa lot

awesome

cool

thxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Awesome!!!

cool!!!!

Thxxx a lot man
    Last edited by Jason Robitaille; 02/24/2011 at 09:33 AM. Reason: post boosting