webOS Nation Forums >  webOS Developer Forums >  Canuck Coding > WebOS Quick Install v4.5.0
WebOS Quick Install v4.5.0
Like Tree171Likes

Old 02/06/2011, 08:23 PM   #1 (permalink)
Legend

WebOS Quick Install v4.5.0

This program is intended for use with WebOS applications that are in-testing, which under section 4.2 of the Palm SDK License Agreement allows for such unapproved applications to be installed on Palm devices. Applications installed with WebOS Quick Install have not be tested by Palm and are installed at your own risk.

Donations are appreciated as I'm just one person developing this app during my spare time.

Enjoy! :-)

Download Here

Source code: https://github.com/JayCanuck/webos-quick-install

Setup Guide/Problem Troubleshooting
  • If you would like step-by-step directions on how to get things up and running, or are encountering some issues, I highly recommend checking out the official WOSQI Homebrew Guide.

Requirements
  • Java 1.6
    • For Mac OS X, once you've installed Java 1.6, run /Applications/Utilities/Java/Java Preferences. Then click and drag Jave SE 6 to top of both list, and exit the program. This will set Java 1.6 as the default version to use.
  • Novacom
    • This will get installed automatically when you run WebOS Quick Install
  • DevMode enabled
    • This can be done on your device by typing "upupdowndownleftrightleftrightbastart", opening the DeveloperMode app, and enabling the feature.

Lastly, when you plug in the device, if you want to use WebOS Quick Install, choose the "Just Charge" option on the device.

Running WebOS Quick Install
  • Simply double-click WebOSQuickInstall.jar and (as long as Java is installed properly) it will launch

Features
  • Stylish easy-to-use GUI
  • Cross-platform support (Windows, Mac OS X, Linux)
  • Supports off-feed .ipk and .patch files
  • Full-featured feed viewer, with custom feeds allowed
  • No Linux knowledge required, no root access required.
  • webOS 3.x-compatible
  • Full device information section
  • Send and receive files to and from a webOS device.
  • Multiple device support
  • Supports English, French, German, and Simplified Chinese

Screenshots

Change Log
v4.5.0 - March 8, 2013
- Fixed the novaxom driver installation issues
- Changed the PreCentral references to webOS Nation
- Minor bugs and code cleanup
- First opensource release

v4.4.0 - January 29, 2012
- Now uses AUSMT for .patch file installation
- Improved feed parsing

v4.3.1 - September 8, 2011
- Fixed an issue with PreCentral feed ipk files not properly downloading

v4.3.0 - September 6, 2011
- Fixed issue with downloading .ipk files on redirected feed urls
- Added support for non-standard Novacom driver locations
- Improved DevMode password detection/support
- Novacom drivers that get installed should now be Lion-compatible
- Fixed an issue where novacom.exe would hang around in the background causing problems
- Fixed issue affecting driver installation on Windows computers

v4.2.3 - July 2, 2011
- Fixed a connection bug that would prevent connection if you disconnect and reconnect the same device in a single session

v4.2.2 - July 2, 2011
- Updated to fix a bug where Novacom reinstall attempts on Windows could fail if novacom.exe was missing

v4.2.1 - July 1, 2011
- Will now install properly Novacom drivers for webOS 3.x
- Logging mode improved for installs/uninstalls
- Now dynamicly determines the webOSDoctor and Linux drivers URLs

v4.2.0 - June 26, 2011
- Auto-detects if a device needs a password to connect
- Prompts for password if needed
- Option to save passwords (encrypted) to avoid needing to re-enter it everytime
- Option on Settings screen to delete all stored passwords
- Option on Settings screen to use device name rather than device model
- Now able to enable/disable feeds on the Settings screen
- Initial no-devices-detected error now has the options to retry and to reinstall novacom
- Fixed .patch applying using the new AUPT script urls
- Packages with invalid source json objects will be omitted from the feed viewer
- Will now be properly notified if file transfers fail
- Improved German translations

v4.1.1 - June 3, 2011
- Added a proper fully-functional Linux Commandline option

v4.1.0 - June 3, 2011
- Changed novacom connection format
- Much stabler; fewer, if any, disconnects
- Faster and more efficient
- Fixed a bug that in rare circumstances would freeze WOSQI
- Novacom driver installation no longer requires webOSDoctor; only downloads driver itself (11mb)
- Full support for future devices (as long as you have a novacom driver that supports it)
- Unavailable patches are now properly hidden
- Clock Theme feed is now added by default
- Fixed a bug that prevented "MinWebOSVersion" and "MaxWebOSVersion" source json values from being recognized

v4.0.4 - February 24, 2011
- Much improved novacom detection; should drastically reduce the number of people who are stuck always being prompted to install novacom drivers
- Fixed issue preventing root fs remounting to read-write

v4.0.3 - February 7, 2011
- Fixed an issue giving .patch files the wrong package name

v4.0.2 - February 7, 2011
- Fixed an issue with Device Management freezing during loading

v4.0.1 - February 7, 2011
- Fixed an issue with incorrect Novacom executable path finding on some Windows systems

v4.0.0 - February 6, 2011
- Underlying code has been 100% redone; only the UI images and layout has been re-used, everything else is new and reworked
- Dynamic dropdown box on main window to easily change between actively connected devices
- No longer requires webOSDoctor (with the exception of temporarily once to install Novacom is it's not installed)
- Immersive feed viewer with tabbed access to all facets of the homebrew community: apps, themes, patches, kernels, etc.
- Feed viewer has all the bells and whistles like categories, screenshots, search, and custom feeds, with full dependency support and following all the latest homebrew package standards
- Full support for French, German, and Simplified Chinese
- Much-improved stability; works on Sun Java SE 6 and OpenJDK
- Many many small bugfixes, UI changes, and stability improvements

Special thanks to Derek Kessler for the splash image, Jake Morrison for the French translation, Tobias Kaller for the German translation, and medigi8 for the Simplified Chinese translation.

Also, thanks to everyone who's helped contribute to the cause: those who donate, those who help test, those who help teach me new things, and those who help out with new users. This app wouldn't be what it is without you guys

Developer of many apps such as: WebOS Quick Install, WebOS Theme Builder, Ipk Packager, Unified Diff Creator, Internalz Pro, ComicShelf HD, LED Torch, over 70 patches and more.

@JayCanuck @CanuckCoding Facebook

Last edited by Jason Robitaille; 03/08/2013 at 11:47 PM.
Jason Robitaille is offline   Reply With Quote
Liked by chonkey, JM8753, trodecke and 96 others like this.
Thanked by 44whl44, 4r4qg, 74sickness, 92palm, abellemare44, acetone802000, afagjoi, against_thedark, ahsirg, airotkiv, alacrify, anhduc220375, antaeuz, antondat, aNYthing24, appsotutely, archebyte, areal, arnolde, Arthur Thornton, ashi, asvictory3, Atomic Playboy, Auk, AuWriter, AwesomePalmPre127, ay, Azthel, AZwldcats, bacho_nacho, baconnbitz2010, Baikalien, bakedvaporz, barryb20, Bazirker, BBooDoc, becrazy2, beezlewaxin, beh, bethel95, bevcraw, bharuch7282, biggnaa20, biggorilla, bigredgpk, bill.allrobots.org, Bill484, bixho, bjs188, blackfireball5, BladeGuy, Blaize, bluenote, bluetiger512, Bo, Bockscar, boovish, boysock, brum, Buddy1969, bygtyma05, C320 UK, CAGALUN, camron9989, Cantaffordit, carlos1212528, cfbauer, Chakalov, ChemEngr, chonkey, Cibum Amo, cjstealth, clintwinstead, cml21, coednakeduri, conum, CptOx, crawfpm, Crowza, crucian4, curumehli, cwgtex, cwhead321, cyberprashant, Cyclingdaddy, daffy4u, dagnabit1, daniela, danved, DarkHitman, davedaviddavie, daveyfx, Dazo, DDT1345, DeadLock1977, DeadVim, delme, DemonHighwayman, denom, devil.insulted, dgregory19, diabolical, DieterHASTINGS, different2une, digitalgeek, digitaljok, DizWhiz, djamm, dme59, docnas, Dogg006, donniekl, don_falcone, double1, Dreamcatcher, dwheeler0, DwightShrute, dyeo, dzee206, e-gadget-guy, ebolamonkey3, ebsjas, eddie121, Editor02, edrompa, edwjackson, EEP1, Eigan, ekesqueaky, Eladio Manuel de Leon Cabrera, ElectronicMan, eMonkey, enice2, eOS Satan, Eracer, erapalo, extra, FenrirWolf, fiera4973, fingerwenger, firun, FischOderAal, Fitefreak, fmvazquez, forbes256, FormFactor, frankos72, fredewins, Freshyz, fuhme, GA400, gAnDo, garo7, Garrett92C, Gerson, Ghostalker, Gisele58, gitit20, gollyzila, Goyena, graffix31, GreenHex, gregp23, GridIron21, Grnicat, groovydad, Gus70mx, gvndeb60, Gwidion, gwrivest2, hackma, hangten10, hastylove99, heghan, HelloNNNewman, hewball, Hhipesjman, hms84, hooogo, hparsons, huenglo, hunland, iammacgyver, idiotboxxer, iFreDDyz, impatient, Indy Rhino, irrdsr, irritum, irwinr12, JakeBworth, Jakeeeee, jaltman, jasetroncs, jasontaylor7, Jawzx2, jay005, jcho99, JCPDX, jdevora, JennRN, jguzmanspj, jhernandez8432, jhodnettejr, jhoff80, jiancarlo, JirafaBo, jjdavola, JKoder, Jlock, jlupfer, JM8753, jmdesai, jmelex, JoeBonifazi, johnny b goode, jonas916, jondough, jordanyoung08, josegd, joselito1976, jp22382, jpaulson, jportillo82, jurias, jvanhou, jwishart, jxbravo, k5e, kaicho, kaidoloor, kaktuseis, kamazepine, kappykirk, katkiller, kayphoonstar, kdh.berlin, Ken4me, KillerKatz, kjamc1982, Kokosolo, Kratus, KromaXamorK, kryptonite_2448, ktastic, kuduku, kulf, lalah19, latetothepalmparty, LazyConi, lbmh, ldudiaz, leas_leas, leecwah, legos, lephilwld, lgj818, linwiz311, littletaro, LJZaur, lluisinho, local.bin, lockdeice, locojames, LocoTreoGurl, lololobo, LordSecksie, lsm226, luckybone, lukehale, m1dwestrep, MacksEPadd, majoralex, malberto, manordwall, mariabrahams, marknyack, markwightman, martan1981, Master Phu, mcdunnough, mcpreos2009, mc_gusto, merzy, mhous33, mikedill24, mikeisnowonfire, mjkjr, mk3, mmccully, mmm5288, modified67, morpheus9677, Moykie, MRdeJong, mrtax, MsbS, msladyj, MsM, mudotron, mundywayne, Mutoidi, n1900, NachoB, nathanail, neit_jnf, Nesta, netwrkr9, nickpro, Nightburn, NightHammer, nimer55, ninditsu, njdevil, nonnsenz, noseph, not-yet-pre, notcalvin, o2man98, obaidi2005, observator, oceanrealm, odontastic, offtopix, OldSkoolVWLover, open13, orawas, oricaluv, orizzle, p0olki, Paging Dr B, palmcrash, palmdoc2005, Palmiga, PalmNSH, PalmoAnest, pastorrich1, pcworld, PDAGeek, petbull, pete2789, peterlemonjello, Phantasmn, phil71, phynal, pimonserry, pixiii, plamtreo, pmartin, Political Season, Poutre, ppcjacky, pratulk09, Prdamrican, Pre3dator, prebaco, PreGP, PrettyMuchPre, PrinceAlbert, protofa, Psychonaut, Pulp, purplelibra83, qsone, qwertz pre 3, qwiklight, RaAkhenaton, ramli7, rand0m1, ratchetjaw, rattical, rawdeadfish, rboerger, rbyrne, Rennat, rgloor, Richard Rosenberger, richerve, RickNeff, rkd7777, rksand, rlanza1054, rmnc, Rnp, rocky6670, RoLLEmUp, RRaburn, rudramakesmovie, RumoredNow, ruprext, ryanmm, s1241sm, sadida, safford, sahil0984, saltsaint, Sanjay, saphilip, sara.ramli, sburlbaw, scoble2, seanbecker, Shadow53007, ShelaghDB, shoe, SirataXero, sirius6b, sithlord512589, sk8erbassman, sKor_Pre, sledge007, slickpitt, slperez2, smackead, smattos, SmiLee82, snpalavan, Sohan24, SonicHyuga, Spader, spite, spudland, SpunJah420, sshaka, steinhage, Stellan, Stlsports, stonecaper, stuarty, SuprHero, swieder, synchron, tabascokid, taggart100, tarun_kabra, tdmodcon, tdoom15, Teejay1, TheAngelOfElysium, TheDewWorm, TheFishGuy, TheRealBeesley, TheTolsonator, thomsens, thornev, thurman, Tibfib, Tikerz, TJB, tklr, toburg, toenee, Toge64, tomtazz, tonyw, tovivekmishra, toyotast165, Tr0ubl3, tracks914, trickyhero, trodecke, Trovahead, truongtuananhhau1, twint7787, tw_dev, urig, VasTheGreek, VCI_Cell, vealcutlet, veerar, Vij, Vladislav Logozha, volcom45, vs1122, warlord9159, whabash090, whemix, wiimanofthenorth, wildcat.v, windzilla, wmtaylor, WoodWulf, wwguan, wzaydan, xavband, Xepe, XP1, Y314K, Yellowhammer, zappcatt, Zeitisen, Zenshinji, Zoltar, zooterkin, zrzhu
Old 02/06/2011, 08:25 PM   #2 (permalink)
Homebrew Developer

Nice! Thanks Jason! I'll be playing around with it later tonight.

Sent from my HTC HD2 using Tapatalk
Thanked by bixho, mohammad Asif hyd
Old 02/06/2011, 08:28 PM   #3 (permalink)

Sweet!

-- Sent from my Palm Pre using Forums

follow me on twitter or Catch me at LOOT

ATTN: If You like my Patches or Themes please feel free to DONATE
sketch42 is offline   Reply With Quote
Liked by sglitwin likes this.
Thanked By: sglitwin
Old 02/06/2011, 08:32 PM   #4 (permalink)

Thank you. I have been following you on Twitter, and rushed home to download it. Forget the Super Bowl, this is better.
arkieboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Thanked By: mattgutt010
Old 02/06/2011, 08:44 PM   #5 (permalink)

Awesome....great work, Jason.
RMB175 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02/06/2011, 08:51 PM   #6 (permalink)

Downloading right now, good work as always!
rickys239 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02/06/2011, 08:56 PM   #7 (permalink)

Awesome, thankyou Jason! Donated
netwrkr9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02/06/2011, 08:56 PM   #8 (permalink)

You're the best Jason!

-- Sent from my Palm Pre using Forums

My Themes:CLICK HERE
mikeisnowonfire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02/06/2011, 09:07 PM   #9 (permalink)

I installed but is telling me I have to download novacon driver and I did, but still getting same message, any idea?
ldudiaz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02/06/2011, 09:09 PM   #10 (permalink)

I'm now depressed at the fact that my friend lost my micro usb cable.
nimer55 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02/06/2011, 09:24 PM   #11 (permalink)

Sweet! But I can't seem to find Preware on the Homebrew feeds. How do I add feeds?
ZombieElvis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02/06/2011, 09:28 PM   #12 (permalink)
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by ldudiaz View Post
I installed but is telling me I have to download novacon driver and I did, but still getting same message, any idea?
Private message me your OS and I'll try and help ya out.

Developer of many apps such as: WebOS Quick Install, WebOS Theme Builder, Ipk Packager, Unified Diff Creator, Internalz Pro, ComicShelf HD, LED Torch, over 70 patches and more.

Thanked by mattgutt010, miguelxal
Old 02/06/2011, 09:31 PM   #13 (permalink)
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by DarthRepublican View Post
Sweet! But I can't seem to find Preware on the Homebrew feeds. How do I add feeds?
Do note: installed apps don't appear in the feeds.

Though for the record, you can add custom feeds in the Settings window

Old 02/06/2011, 09:37 PM   #14 (permalink)

Thanks for the update!

I am not sure of how its supposed to work, but I installed WebosQI v4.0, opened, connected my pre plus and saw no feeds, no apps, etc. Then I hit the "globe" refresh icon and lo! everything loaded. Even found a solitaire app that I thought webos never had.

( Dont hate me for this ) Since I use the command line for everything, I found ths typo in the first message of this thread: /Application_s_/Utilities/Java/Java Preferences

Thanks,
veerar.
veerar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02/06/2011, 09:39 PM   #15 (permalink)

Great job, perfect timing.

I do have a problem, when I plug my Pre and just charge, it states no device is connected and shuts down.
nyczwillz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02/06/2011, 09:40 PM   #16 (permalink)
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by veerar View Post
Thanks for the update!

I am not sure of how its supposed to work, but I installed WebosQI v4.0, opened, connected my pre plus and saw no feeds, no apps, etc. Then I hit the "globe" refresh icon and lo! everything loaded. Even found a solitaire app that I thought webos never had.

( Dont hate me for this ) Since I use the command line for everything, I found ths typo in the first message of this thread: /Application_s_/Utilities/Java/Java Preferences

Thanks,
veerar.
Yea, that's how it works. The main screen is where you can add/remove off-feed .ipk and .patch files. The globe button opens the feed viewer

And thanks for the correction. I don't have a Mac and was just going off what I've been told. Updated the first post.

Old 02/06/2011, 09:40 PM   #17 (permalink)

Everyone that is amazed by Jason's work shold join this FB group and promote it to all of your social networks. Palm needs to hire Jason Robitaille | Facebook

I can't wait to ask the Palm olks about this at the dev event...
Cantaffordit is offline   Reply With Quote
Thanked by DieterHASTINGS, yitz0550
Old 02/06/2011, 09:41 PM   #18 (permalink)

Do you have your Pre in developer mode?
netwrkr9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02/06/2011, 09:41 PM   #19 (permalink)
Homebrew Developer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cantaffordit View Post
Everyone that is amazed by Jason's work shold join this FB group and promote it to all of your social networks. Palm needs to hire Jason Robitaille | Facebook

I can't wait to ask the Palm olks about this at the dev event...
They should also consider donating to him!

Sent from my HTC HD2 using Tapatalk
Old 02/06/2011, 09:42 PM   #20 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by nyczwillz View Post
Great job, perfect timing.

I do have a problem, when I plug my Pre and just charge, it states no device is connected and shuts down.
Are you in dev mode?
Cantaffordit is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
install, quick., webos

Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0