webOS Nation Forums >  webOS Developer Forums >  Canuck Coding > WebOS Quick Install v4.5.0
WebOS Quick Install v4.5.0
Like Tree136Likes

Old 12/21/2012, 11:41 AM   #1161 (permalink)

you might be able to test a weird way if its novacom or something else by trying the emulator that comes with the sdk, if you run the pre3 or touchpad emulated environment, its automatically on dev mode, and in webosquickinstall the "device" shown if it works appears as "Emulator".

if the emulator works then im guessing we can eliminate a novacom issue? if the emulator works then we can progress to cables/java/any other route, try find ways to definatly eliminate each one as a suspect?

or a dev/guru could probably show a much faster/easier method of narrowing the suspects, if i wasnt sure of novacom when i had newer versions of windows i just tried the same thing using ubuntu, also ive no idea if they make a difference for usb type operations but i know using my pre3 cable on my touchpad has had the device not appear correctly until i used the touchpad cable, so nowadays i have some small tape on the cables showing a T for touchpad and 3 for pre3.
Old 12/21/2012, 12:25 PM   #1162 (permalink)

If we're going the SDK route, might as well use palm-install if WOSQI fails.
webOS Releases: Change your App Catalog country: TouchPad/PC | TouchPad/webOS Resources | Search suggestion patch for browser | Cycling Email Notifications | Don't Doctor! Make a good support request. | How to post logs | webOS Charge Monitor
GMMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Thanked By: geekpeter
Old 12/23/2012, 06:57 PM   #1163 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by GMMan View Post
If we're going the SDK route, might as well use palm-install if WOSQI fails.
hey anyone, quick question:

what's the status with the requirement of being in DEVMODE to use WOQI (or Preware for that matter)?

because i just got done doing a fresh doctoring to create a Frankenpre, and while it was still connected, i just opened up WOQI, and sure enough, it recognized the device. So i installed the DevMode toggle switch and Preware, and sure enough, they're on here and working.

even more interestingly, when i went to turn on DM with the toggle, it behaved like it was already on. it didn't reboot.

does the latest version of WOQI require devmode?
was it already in this mode from the doctor pkg i just used?

(i put the question in bold so future searchers may find this if someone posts an answer. i couldn't find one with that question wording in google)

thanx!
TJs11thPre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12/24/2012, 11:34 AM   #1164 (permalink)

It says "ERROR: Driver installation failed" when it tries to download Novacom drivers.
Help?
0Louis0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12/24/2012, 01:38 PM   #1165 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by TJs11thPre View Post

Yes.
michel_ng is offline   Reply With Quote
Thanked By: TJs11thPre
Old 12/24/2012, 04:18 PM   #1166 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by TJs11thPre View Post
hey anyone, quick question:

what's the status with the requirement of being in DEVMODE to use WOQI (or Preware for that matter)?

because i just got done doing a fresh doctoring to create a Frankenpre, and while it was still connected, i just opened up WOQI, and sure enough, it recognized the device. So i installed the DevMode toggle switch and Preware, and sure enough, they're on here and working.

even more interestingly, when i went to turn on DM with the toggle, it behaved like it was already on. it didn't reboot.

was it already in this mode from the doctor pkg i just used?

(i put the question in bold so future searchers may find this if someone posts an answer. i couldn't find one with that question wording in google)

thanx!
You used MetaDoctor, right? If so, chances are there was a part in the scripts that activated Novacom as part of the flashing. Developer Mode is required for communicating with a Novacom host because it starts the device NovacomD so the two ends will communicate.
webOS Releases: Change your App Catalog country: TouchPad/PC | TouchPad/webOS Resources | Search suggestion patch for browser | Cycling Email Notifications | Don't Doctor! Make a good support request. | How to post logs | webOS Charge Monitor
Old 12/30/2012, 09:10 PM   #1167 (permalink)

I upgraded to a new computer (windows 8) and had no problems installing and running Webosdoctor and WebOSQuickInstall 4.4.0, good job guys!
David Kirsch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01/06/2013, 11:38 AM   #1168 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by David Kirsch View Post
I upgraded to a new computer (windows 8) and had no problems installing and running Webosdoctor and WebOSQuickInstall 4.4.0, good job guys!
How did you install novacom ?

I have also Windows 8 x64 and WebOSQuick install 4.4.0 don't detect my touchpad.

(I manually install novacom and added path to novacom.exe)

Last edited by acetone802000; 01/07/2013 at 06:40 AM.
acetone802000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01/07/2013, 06:18 AM   #1169 (permalink)

I don't understand, Novacom can find my device:

Quote:
C:\Windows\system32>"C:\Program Files\Palm, Inc\novacom.exe" -l
53001 2887f8fd584bda55506d1c399652619be3d7b41f usb topaz-linux
But WOSQI don't find my device !

Have you any idea ?
Old 01/17/2013, 05:14 AM   #1170 (permalink)

hi

im new to webos, and i'd like to instal a theme on my pixi
how do i instal a zip theme?since there's no themer in tool menu

and yeah for whoever had problem with novacom on windows 8, try to use universal novacom installer, it works for me

thanks
kibauu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01/17/2013, 10:41 AM   #1171 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by kibauu View Post
hi

im new to webos, and i'd like to instal a theme on my pixi
how do i instal a zip theme?since there's no themer in tool menu

and yeah for whoever had problem with novacom on windows 8, try to use universal novacom installer, it works for me

thanks
Are you on Windows 8 x64 ?
Old 01/17/2013, 07:59 PM   #1172 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by acetone802000 View Post
Are you on Windows 8 x64 ?
im on win 8 x32,but the installer will detect your os

and this showed up when i try instal .ipk theme, how i remove instaled theme?

Last edited by kibauu; 01/17/2013 at 08:07 PM.
kibauu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01/26/2013, 02:28 PM   #1173 (permalink)

Cannot get the novacom driver to install.I get the error (error installing driver) Cannot get around it. Any help appreciated.
mollykins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01/30/2013, 08:19 AM   #1175 (permalink)

hi all i need help,

i recieved a replacement pre2 from verizon, and cant get preware or save restore, back on the device,
i tried with webosqi it just turns and turns and nothing happens, i tried downloading ipk to pc and using the plus on webosqi, still didnt work, i was however able to use the send file feature on webosqi,

how can i get preware installed, which in turn will help me restore all my backups and patches?
menashe04 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02/02/2013, 06:04 AM   #1176 (permalink)

Hi All,

I followed the guides but my Pre 3 would very occasionally connect, but mostly not then when it did the connection error would appear.

I have Kaspersky internet security 2013 running on Windows 8 x64 and it was the AV stopping the device connecting.

Just a FYI, disable your AV if you are having issues with your device connecting (remember to reboot post Novocom install) that fixed it for me!

B
barryb20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02/09/2013, 03:49 PM   #1177 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ldudiaz View Post
I installed but is telling me I have to download novacon driver and I did, but still getting same message, any idea?
I have the same problem. I downloaded Webos quick install from this site, but when I'm trying to install NOVACOM DRIVER (would you like to install it now-I CLICK yes) it tells me there is an error. I have the last version of Java, I don't know what is the reason why it keeps giving me this error. I tried to connect my Touchpad via URL to my PC, and it gives me a "No devices found" message, and it tells me that i need to install Novacom. I would appreciate any input in this matter.
magicalluser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02/16/2013, 09:30 PM   #1178 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by magicalluser View Post
I have the same problem. I downloaded Webos quick install from this site, but when I'm trying to install NOVACOM DRIVER (would you like to install it now-I CLICK yes) it tells me there is an error. I have the last version of Java, I don't know what is the reason why it keeps giving me this error. I tried to connect my Touchpad via URL to my PC, and it gives me a "No devices found" message, and it tells me that i need to install Novacom. I would appreciate any input in this matter.
I am having the same problem as all those above. My wife's Veer lost screen functionality so I moved her profile to a new Veer and wanted to use WOSQI to install Preware to get her new phone "patched up" like her old one. I downloaded the latest WOSQI onto my PC and the Novacom drivers from this thread, and am having the same problems; WOSQI won't recognize my wife's Veer and when I click on "update Novacom" I get the same error message.

Jason, we need your wizardry! Could you please help us out?
eTreo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02/16/2013, 09:37 PM   #1179 (permalink)

Use Universal Novacom Installer to install Novacom.
Old 02/16/2013, 10:02 PM   #1180 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by GMMan View Post
Use Universal Novacom Installer to install Novacom.
Thanks, but I tried that as well earlier today. I uninstalled the Novacom that's in this thread and tried to use the universal installer and it just hung. It sits on the message "Installing driver..." and "Initializing". Is that pulling from Palm/HP servers? Is there a way to confirm that they are working?

Last edited by eTreo; 02/16/2013 at 10:13 PM.
eTreo is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
install, quick., webos

Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0