webOS Nation Forums >  webOS Developer Forums >  Canuck Coding > WebOS Quick Install v4.5.0
WebOS Quick Install v4.5.0
Like Tree146Likes

Old 10/03/2012, 08:43 AM   #1141 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by jax1111 View Post
Ditto. Receiving same novacom install error. Yes, TP in Dev Mode. Used to work before upgrading laptop to Win 7 64 bit. Any suggestions on how to get past this?

Thanks,

jax1111

click on the link i posted above, its a standalone version of novacom installer, it would let you choose between 32 or 64 bit

*** ooops, i'm on page 58, check the link on page 57 ***
daniela is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10/06/2012, 03:13 PM   #1142 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by daniela View Post
click on the link i posted above, its a standalone version of novacom installer, it would let you choose between 32 or 64 bit

*** ooops, i'm on page 58, check the link on page 57 ***
Thank you so much. I finally got it to load.
pebb2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10/09/2012, 11:44 AM   #1143 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by wellwellwell11 View Post
ok those who are having issues with the device not connected error ive found a solution.

turn off and on the devo mode

put in your code (if you don't have one make one up then)

restart your device and your computer

then plug in your device and click just charge, then open QI it should ask you for your deve password you just made up enter it and your good.
hey bro plz I'm having d same problem... But I couldn't got what you said. Plz tell me wht is devo mode , is it any feature of my phone . ? Plz bro help me....
ahasib88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10/24/2012, 11:01 PM   #1144 (permalink)

i have what is probably an insanely dumb question. i'm trying to install preware through webos. first, when i double click web os, i see nothing about novacom and nothing shows that it downloads and installs as per this guide
Application:Preware - WebOS Internals

i also tried clicking file>reinstall novacom and i get "error: driver installation failed". does this mean i already have novacom?

also, when i search for preware after clicking that globe button, it's not listed. i'm on mac os x if that matters. thanks guys; love yall
Spaceman Spliff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10/28/2012, 09:47 AM   #1145 (permalink)

Wow, I didn't realize that WebOS Quick Install would automatically update all my Preware apps for me. I never tried clicking on the Update tab before. It's always nice to discover an unexpected capability that works really well!
Semma2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11/08/2012, 10:04 AM   #1146 (permalink)

Hey man! When it wants to download the nova driver, it pop ups a window with this text: ERROR: Driver installation failed.

What can I do?
Help please!
Thanks!
maarcdf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11/09/2012, 11:03 PM   #1147 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by maarcdf View Post
Hey man! When it wants to download the nova driver, it pop ups a window with this text: ERROR: Driver installation failed.

What can I do?
Help please!
Thanks!
i have the same thing. try this http://code.google.com/p/universal-n...3.jar&can=2&q=
Shane MacPhee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11/17/2012, 08:22 AM   #1148 (permalink)

I tried this and it didn't work

I want to get Preware installed so badly but I've spent hours failing and am so mad. Please help.

I have a TouchPad and Windows 7, 32 bit on my pc.
K466 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11/18/2012, 09:23 PM   #1149 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by K466 View Post
I tried this and it didn't work

I want to get Preware installed so badly but I've spent hours failing and am so mad. Please help.

I have a TouchPad and Windows 7, 32 bit on my pc.
Forget it, I installed the SDK stuff and it worked. Now I just have a bunch of extra software clogging up my pc
K466 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11/23/2012, 03:11 PM   #1150 (permalink)

ive been trying to install preware but when i open the webos quick install it tells me it needs to install the novacom software but then tells me that there is an error and that it cant even though i downloaded it straight from palm too to see if that would work. also it says that my phone isnt connected when its in developer mode and im using my original pre 2 cable that came with it. my phone is running on 2.2.4 it that helps and my computer is running windows vista home basic.
mitchface18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11/28/2012, 11:42 AM   #1151 (permalink)

Hi! Can anyone PM me the latest version of the WOSQI? I am having problems downloading it. Thanks!
saf69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11/30/2012, 05:28 PM   #1152 (permalink)

First time posting- I have been trying to install preware for about 2 months. Kept getting the error that device was not connected. Read alot and did alot of installing, uninstalling, changing this, changing that. Was about to give up till I checked the developer mode on the touchpad.
I closed the developer mode,closed the touchpad then restarted. When I went back into developer mode to start it, an error message came up at the bottom. We have a couple of touchpads, so I tried a different one , stopped then started developer mode and did not get the error message.
I did a full erase and was finally able to get preware to work.
Anyone who has been having problems, give this a try. Even though it said developer mode was working, mine wasn't. So Happy Now !!!!
(I also had to delete something in device manager. Something was attached to the touchpad when I plugged it into the computer and it was did not recognize it. )
jodiejc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12/15/2012, 07:16 AM   #1153 (permalink)

Is it possible to add an option into WOSQI prevents rebooting a device on manually applied patches?
michel_ng is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12/20/2012, 01:09 AM   #1154 (permalink)

It is Dec already. I have been reading thru all these posts trying to find a SIMPLE answer to install Preware. The Homebrew app and description certainly are not up to date as far as instructions go. And when I read all these pages I wonder if anyone has a simple DOCUMENTED solution for this. I get the same error message as so many have received.
suzepi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12/20/2012, 01:17 PM   #1155 (permalink)

Hi, I tried for months and can't make the WOSQI see my Pre3.
The error is: "There are no devices currently connected..."
It might be the Java 7 the problem ?, with 6 in the same PC with XP SP3 worked fine.
Any idea ?
Thanks.
s3rgei is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12/20/2012, 02:00 PM   #1156 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by s3rgei View Post
Hi, I tried for months and can't make the WOSQI see my Pre3.
The error is: "There are no devices currently connected..."
It might be the Java 7 the problem ?, with 6 in the same PC with XP SP3 worked fine.
Any idea ?
Thanks.
pre3 devmode is on?
novacom drivers installed ok?
right or different cable(s) used?
Old 12/20/2012, 03:27 PM   #1157 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by geekpeter View Post
pre3 devmode is on?
novacom drivers installed ok?
right or different cable(s) used?
Hi geekpeter,
Yes, all is the same and right.
so I thought of the java version.
Old 12/20/2012, 04:02 PM   #1158 (permalink)

If you've got a local firewall, make sure to let the app through. Novacom uses sockets for communication with host apps.
webOS Releases: Change your App Catalog country: TouchPad/PC | TouchPad/webOS Resources | Search suggestion patch for browser | Cycling Email Notifications | Don't Doctor! Make a good support request. | How to post logs | webOS Charge Monitor
GMMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12/20/2012, 05:51 PM   #1159 (permalink)

guessing its probably novacom related? been a fair few posts in other threads with people having issues with novacom installations.
Old 12/21/2012, 06:50 AM   #1160 (permalink)

The firewall was the first thing I check, is inactive.
Novacom was reinstalled several times.
I assumed that the problem was Java because it stop working suddenly.
I will continue studying the subject.
Thank you guys!

(sorry for my English, I speak Spanish !)

Tags
install, quick., webos

Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0