webOS Nation Forums >  webOS Developer Forums >  Canuck Coding > WebOS Quick Install v4.5.0
WebOS Quick Install v4.5.0
Like Tree172Likes

Old 10/04/2011, 04:56 PM   #881 (permalink)

I have a Mac running 10.6.8. My Java is up to date and I have the latest webos doctor for my Verizon Pre 3. I'm trying to open Webos quick install v.4.3.1. When I attempt to open it I get a message stating I need to login to Novacom. I have received a message asking me to setup a password on my Pre 3 when I put it into devmode as well. I enter the same password but nothing happens. I have attempted to uninstall webos, webos doctor, reinstall them, nothing works. I have also reset my Java files and I still get the same thing. Is there a work around to make Quick Install fix this without having to doctor my phone. I had this issue once before when I switched quickinstall versions but I dont remember how I fixed it. Any help would be appreciated

Last edited by Catch22 Cali; 10/04/2011 at 09:25 PM.
Catch22 Cali is offline   Reply With Quote
Liked by peterzarif likes this.
Old 10/05/2011, 10:41 AM   #882 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by patocox View Post
Same with me. Im running webOC 3.0.2 and apps never install.

Edit: Fixed the issue. I didnt hit Close/Cancel when the USB prompt came up after plugging in the touchpad
That worked! Thanks!
slickpitt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10/08/2011, 05:50 PM   #883 (permalink)

this is too sick!! although i have been encountering a problem, whenever i download a theme it actually doesnt work properly on my phone (hp pre 3), after restarting only a few icons will actually look different, the background picture looks like it's cut into four different parts and the heading of the phone (where the battery, signal etc. icon's are) still looks the same as well,is this a problem with my phone? please help!
MDK95 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10/10/2011, 02:38 AM   #884 (permalink)

v4.3.1 does not work with Fedora 15.

It says that the Novacom drivers are installed but then it cannot find the

And I think it is the Novacom drivers.
They are .deb files but Fedora uses the RPM system for software packaging.

I can use it on the laptop (It has WinXP), but my main machine is a Linux FC15.

Will this be solved anytime?

I read some instructions on webos internals about how to install them but could not quite make them work.

JP
pepebuho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10/10/2011, 03:30 AM   #885 (permalink)
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by pepebuho View Post
v4.3.1 does not work with Fedora 15.

It says that the Novacom drivers are installed but then it cannot find the

And I think it is the Novacom drivers.
They are .deb files but Fedora uses the RPM system for software packaging.

I can use it on the laptop (It has WinXP), but my main machine is a Linux FC15.

Will this be solved anytime?

I read some instructions on webos internals about how to install them but could not quite make them work.

JP
As Palm only officially provides support for Ubuntu for the SDK and Novacom installers, that's about as far as I can officially provide support for WOSQI. You may be able to search around precentral and find a guide of some kind. If you can get novacom installed, WOSQI should theoretically work though

Developer of many apps such as: WebOS Quick Install, WebOS Theme Builder, Ipk Packager, Unified Diff Creator, Internalz Pro, ComicShelf HD, LED Torch, over 70 patches and more.

@JayCanuck @CanuckCoding Facebook
Jason Robitaille is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10/10/2011, 04:02 AM   #886 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jason Robitaille View Post
As Palm only officially provides support for Ubuntu for the SDK and Novacom installers, that's about as far as I can officially provide support for WOSQI. You may be able to search around precentral and find a guide of some kind. If you can get novacom installed, WOSQI should theoretically work though
Hmmm. What would happen if I run Ubuntu in a virtual box? Will the drivers work out without problem?
I have VirtualBox installed. I wonder because they would not be directly connected to the USB port...

Has someone tried that before?

JP
Old 10/10/2011, 06:43 AM   #887 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by pepebuho View Post
Hmmm. What would happen if I run Ubuntu in a virtual box? Will the drivers work out without problem?
I have VirtualBox installed. I wonder because they would not be directly connected to the USB port...

Has someone tried that before?

JP
Well. I can report success.
I have Ubuntu 11.04 running inside its virtual cpu and it can communicate to the phone. Apps get installed on the p
Virtual environment: Virtual Box 4.1.4
Host environment: Fedora FC15

JP
Thanked By: Unclevanya
Old 10/11/2011, 11:51 PM   #888 (permalink)

I downloaded WebOSQuickInstall-4.3.1.jar. I've tried all the troubleshooting tips in the "WOSQI Homebrew Guide" and when I run it with the -log command, I end up with a zero byte length file wosqi.log. I've tried 64-bit and 32-bit java, 1.6.0_27-b07 for 64 bit, 1.6.0_17-b04 for 32 bit.

I ran the "sc qc novacomd" and "sc query novacomd" commands and got good output from those.

Any ideas?

Update: Fixed. Based on a tip in another forum, I looked at Device Manager in Computer Management section, and noticed the driver had a warning icon there, indicating the driver wasn't successfully loaded. I clicked on the node, and let Windows update the Novacom driver, and all is well now! Likely due to 64 bit Windows Vista.

Last edited by MeekMark; 10/15/2011 at 02:43 PM. Reason: Found solution
MeekMark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10/12/2011, 01:20 AM   #889 (permalink)

Quote:
Private message me your OS and I'll try and help ya out.
keep getting device not installed error
litotexas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10/12/2011, 08:02 PM   #890 (permalink)

All I get is NO PACKAGES FOUND. Only the themes show up. Any ideas?
mixxmaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10/12/2011, 08:50 PM   #891 (permalink)

Quote:
WebOS Quick Install v4.3.1

This program is intended for use with WebOS applications that are in-testing, which under section 4.2 of the Palm SDK License Agreement allows for such unapproved applications to be installed on Palm devices. Applications installed with WebOS Quick Install have not be tested by Palm and are installed at your own risk.

This program is freeware, but not opensource. Feel free to share it with other forums.

Donations are appreciated as I'm just one person developing this app during my spare time.
Click to view quoted image

Enjoy! :-)

Download Here

Requirements
  • Java 1.6
    • For Mac OS X, once you've installed Java 1.6, run /Applications/Utilities/Java/Java Preferences. Then click and drag Jave SE 6 to top of both list, and exit the program. This will set Java 1.6 as the default version to use.
  • Novacom
    • This will get installed automatically when you run WebOS Quick Install
  • DevMode enabled
    • This can be done on your device by typing "upupdowndownleftrightleftrightbastart", opening the DeveloperMode app, and enabling the feature.

Lastly, when you plug in the device, if you want to use WebOS Quick Install, choose the "Just Charge" option on the device.

Running WebOS Quick Install
  • Simply double-click WebOSQuickInstall.jar and (as long as Java is installed properly) it will launch

Features
  • Stylish easy-to-use GUI
  • Cross-platform support (Windows, Mac OS X, Linux)
  • Supports off-feed .ipk and .patch files
  • Full-featured feed viewer, with custom feeds allowed
  • No Linux knowledge required, no root access required.
  • webOS 3.x-compatible
  • Full device information section
  • Send and receive files to and from a webOS device.
  • Multiple device support
  • Supports English, French, German, and Simplified Chinese

Screenshots
Click to view quoted image Click to view quoted image

Change Log
v4.3.1 - September 8, 2011
- Fixed an issue with PreCentral feed ipk files not properly downloading

v4.3.0 - September 6, 2011
- Fixed issue with downloading .ipk files on redirected feed urls
- Added support for non-standard Novacom driver locations
- Improved DevMode password detection/support
- Novacom drivers that get installed should now be Lion-compatible
- Fixed an issue where novacom.exe would hang around in the background causing problems
- Fixed issue affecting driver installation on Windows computers

v4.2.3 - July 2, 2011
- Fixed a connection bug that would prevent connection if you disconnect and reconnect the same device in a single session

v4.2.2 - July 2, 2011
- Updated to fix a bug where Novacom reinstall attempts on Windows could fail if novacom.exe was missing

v4.2.1 - July 1, 2011
- Will now install properly Novacom drivers for webOS 3.x
- Logging mode improved for installs/uninstalls
- Now dynamicly determines the webOSDoctor and Linux drivers URLs

v4.2.0 - June 26, 2011
- Auto-detects if a device needs a password to connect
- Prompts for password if needed
- Option to save passwords (encrypted) to avoid needing to re-enter it everytime
- Option on Settings screen to delete all stored passwords
- Option on Settings screen to use device name rather than device model
- Now able to enable/disable feeds on the Settings screen
- Initial no-devices-detected error now has the options to retry and to reinstall novacom
- Fixed .patch applying using the new AUPT script urls
- Packages with invalid source json objects will be omitted from the feed viewer
- Will now be properly notified if file transfers fail
- Improved German translations

v4.1.1 - June 3, 2011
- Added a proper fully-functional Linux Commandline option

v4.1.0 - June 3, 2011
- Changed novacom connection format
- Much stabler; fewer, if any, disconnects
- Faster and more efficient
- Fixed a bug that in rare circumstances would freeze WOSQI
- Novacom driver installation no longer requires webOSDoctor; only downloads driver itself (11mb)
- Full support for future devices (as long as you have a novacom driver that supports it)
- Unavailable patches are now properly hidden
- Clock Theme feed is now added by default
- Fixed a bug that prevented "MinWebOSVersion" and "MaxWebOSVersion" source json values from being recognized

v4.0.4 - February 24, 2011
- Much improved novacom detection; should drastically reduce the number of people who are stuck always being prompted to install novacom drivers
- Fixed issue preventing root fs remounting to read-write

v4.0.3 - February 7, 2011
- Fixed an issue giving .patch files the wrong package name

v4.0.2 - February 7, 2011
- Fixed an issue with Device Management freezing during loading

v4.0.1 - February 7, 2011
- Fixed an issue with incorrect Novacom executable path finding on some Windows systems

v4.0.0 - February 6, 2011
- Underlying code has been 100% redone; only the UI images and layout has been re-used, everything else is new and reworked
- Dynamic dropdown box on main window to easily change between actively connected devices
- No longer requires webOSDoctor (with the exception of temporarily once to install Novacom is it's not installed)
- Immersive feed viewer with tabbed access to all facets of the homebrew community: apps, themes, patches, kernels, etc.
- Feed viewer has all the bells and whistles like categories, screenshots, search, and custom feeds, with full dependency support and following all the latest homebrew package standards
- Full support for French, German, and Simplified Chinese
- Much-improved stability; works on Sun Java SE 6 and OpenJDK
- Many many small bugfixes, UI changes, and stability improvements

Special thanks to Derek Kessler for the splash image, Jake Morrison for the French translation, Tobias Kaller for the German translation, and medigi8 for the Simplified Chinese translation.

Also, thanks to everyone who's helped contribute to the cause: those who donate, those who help test, those who help teach me new things, and those who help out with new users. This app wouldn't be what it is without you guys
i installed this program and all i got is an error announcing no packages available. Only under "themes" tab it pulls out lots of items
ediazc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10/13/2011, 12:05 AM   #892 (permalink)

I'm also having the same problem as the previous two members have posted. Everything goes fine until i click the globe icon, I get "No packages found" in every tab except for themes. Anyone know how I can fix this? I'm on a Pixi plus.
jordanyoung08 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10/13/2011, 08:02 AM   #893 (permalink)

I'm able to run WOSQI and also able to get packages. But when I try to install Preware, the small dialog just showing installing forever. My touchpad is in Develop Mode and my PC can also see the TP w/o any problem. I have tried to disable Windows Firewall, but it didn't help. Rebooting TP & PC won't help either. What did I miss?

I'm using a Windows 7 64 bit PC. My touchpad has the latest 3.02 and it's 32G version. Thanks.
lz1234 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10/13/2011, 09:00 AM   #894 (permalink)
Legend

Be aware, the http://ipkg.preware.org housed feeds (basically everything except PreThemer's themes) are having some issues. The feeds are managed by WebOS-Internals are not controlled by myself in any way. Contact them about the feeds being down, not me.

Developer of many apps such as: WebOS Quick Install, WebOS Theme Builder, Ipk Packager, Unified Diff Creator, Internalz Pro, ComicShelf HD, LED Torch, over 70 patches and more.

Thanked By: jordanyoung08
Old 10/13/2011, 12:49 PM   #895 (permalink)

Quote:
Be aware, the Index of / housed feeds (basically everything except PreThemer's themes) are having some issues. The feeds are managed by WebOS-Internals are not controlled by myself in any way. Contact them about the feeds being down, not me.
Okay, just wanted to make sure there wasn't a mistake made on my part. Thank you for the reply.
jordanyoung08 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10/14/2011, 04:38 PM   #896 (permalink)

i would appreciate if someone could help me... I've bought used palm pixi plus in excellent condition.... I've updated Java on my computer, downloaded latest WOSQI, Web OS Doctor (all in same folder), and at first it all looked ok, using WOSQI i downloaded some apps etc... But when i tried to connect for the second time i got no device message... and thats when the problems started... I reinstalled WOSQI, novacom drivers, i've read almost everything on this forum about this problem and i still get no device message...
Every time when i reinstall novacom, new device message appears on my Win Xp, ready to use (Palm Novacom). Every now and then when i connect palm to a computer it lets me use WOSQI, but then in the middle of the transfering process pops up no device detected... Also a few times WOSQI requested Dev Mode pass (which i dont know)... BTW i dont know email and pass that previous user used for creating profile...
Just to mention, every time i tap on just charging, and all that stuff that users said that it helped...
I dont know what to do, maybe reseting the device, full erase and creating new profile?
MilanCSL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10/14/2011, 05:04 PM   #897 (permalink)

sounds like a flaky usb cable maybe. you can also try doing a 'net stop novacomd' and 'net start novacomd' from a command prompt while WOSQI is looking for the phone. once you get WOSQI to work once, you should just install preware, then for the most part you won't need WOSQI again.

also, if you the phone is already activated on a profile, but you don't know the password, then yeah, you need to do a full erase and create your own profile.
johnsonx42 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10/14/2011, 05:43 PM   #898 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnsonx42 View Post
sounds like a flaky usb cable maybe. you can also try doing a 'net stop novacomd' and 'net start novacomd' from a command prompt while WOSQI is looking for the phone. once you get WOSQI to work once, you should just install preware, then for the most part you won't need WOSQI again.

also, if you the phone is already activated on a profile, but you don't know the password, then yeah, you need to do a full erase and create your own profile.
Thanks, but if i do full erase, and create new profile what happens to installed apps like Govnah etc? Do i have to overclock processor again? And web os, does it go back to the factory version or stays intacted... my version is 1.4.5... i'm new to web os, sorry...
MilanCSL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10/16/2011, 05:20 PM   #899 (permalink)

Hello:

When I downloaded and ran the program, it goes through the installation of Novacom drivers and comes back with an error window that says "There are no devices currently connected. Please connect a device and continue."

Please advise.

Dr. NVS
cybernaut32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10/16/2011, 05:38 PM   #900 (permalink)
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by cybernaut32 View Post
Hello:

When I downloaded and ran the program, it goes through the installation of Novacom drivers and comes back with an error window that says "There are no devices currently connected. Please connect a device and continue."

Please advise.

Dr. NVS
I'd suggest reading the various posts in the thread by others, mentioning how they solved their problems. Alternatively, check out the WOSQI Homebrew Guide.

Tags
install, quick., webos

Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0