1.    #1  
    After following all PreCentral directions for installing Homebrew app's, I am unable to use WebOS Quick Install to install any application without getting the following error message:

ERROR: An error occured while attempting to install [name of app file]

An error ocurred, return value: 22.
    ipkg: invalid magic

Quote Originally Posted by ProOrCon View Post
    After following all PreCentral directions for installing Homebrew app's, I am unable to use WebOS Quick Install to install any application without getting the following error message:

ERROR: An error occured while attempting to install [name of app file]

An error ocurred, return value: 22.
    ipkg: invalid magic

After following the steps on the getting started page and receiving the same error message I have re-downloaded the doctor from the link provided and I get the same message. I went to the palm.com site and entered my serial # and downloaded that version of the doctor as well but still no go. What am I missing????

UPDATE: I guess what I'm missing is a pre! I tried to download a few different apps to my pixi and got the error code above but I could import a file and install it. I guess some of the apps don't work on the pixi. That makes me sad
    Last edited by reformedlostboy; 02/04/2011 at 08:26 PM.
    Global Posts
    2 Global Posts
    I keep getting the same error. I have redownloaded the doctor about 6 times and even redownloaded WebOSInstall, but still can't install anything onto my Pre - any suggestions?

I am using Windows 7, but had no problem initially installing - I can install tweaks, but no apps from the repository.
    I'm new at this and I have a pixi so I don't know if my advice is useful for you but here goes...it's worth a shot. First, I went to the webdoctor page and clicked on the option of inputting my palm serial number. This took me to the palm site and they gave me a doctor version specifically for my phone. next I downloaded preware from here: http://install.preware.org and now I have access to the homebrew apps from my palm. Hope this helps. (If it does...the thanks button is below)
    Thank you! This worked! Now I can download these apps straight from my phone. Awesome!
    how to associate this doctor with quickinstall? are you using 4.03?
    that didn't work and Preware has an error: while main loading, it makes a long list of letters and numbers and some 'ERROR' .
    Global Posts
    178 Global Posts
    Hmm entered my serial into palm.com and it doesnt accept it.
    It is a european unlocked pre1 which isnt listed on the webos wiki webdoctor download page.
    Which one do i download?

I get the "An error ocurred, return value: 22. ipkg: invalid magic"
    as well when using webosquickinstall which uses webosdoctor.

I hope the webosdoctor downlod will fix me not being able to use homebrew apps

thanks for your time
    Martin