webOS Nation Forums >  webOS Developer Forums >  Canuck Coding > WebOS Quick Install on Ubuntu
WebOS Quick Install on Ubuntu

Old 01/27/2011, 11:21 PM   #1 (permalink)

I downloaded WebOS Quick Install on Ubuntu but when I run the file I get the message to download the doctor, then when I am asked to choose a doctor and click ok, nothing happens.
rodney0905 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01/28/2011, 12:40 AM   #2 (permalink)

When I did it, I had to go to the Internalz wiki and download it from there. I'm mobile, or I'd hunt the link for you.

Sent from my eVo
Old 01/28/2011, 12:44 AM   #3 (permalink)

I don't think it works with the open-source Java that is included in the default Ubuntu install.

Go to System - Administration - Synaptic Package manager. Type in your password. then search for OpenJDK. Uninstall openjdk-6-jre-headless and all of its dependent packages. Then

Then, go to Settings> Repositories. In the Other Software tab, tick the boxes for Ubuntu Partners.

Then, after reloading, search for and install the sun-java6-plugin and all of its dependencies. Reboot and you should be good to go.
chiefmanyrabbitguteat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01/28/2011, 03:14 AM   #4 (permalink)

doctor: http://ws.palm.com/webosdoctor/serialnumberinitial.htm
No need to install both OpenJDK and Sun Java. BTW, on my 'buntu install webOS QuickInstall won't run in OpenJDK. Have to use Sun Java.
Old 03/08/2011, 06:49 PM   #5 (permalink)
Homebrew Developer

You also have to install the novacom driver for Ubuntu.
You find the link on the official SDK page or search here in the forums.
pcworld is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09/18/2011, 02:04 PM   #6 (permalink)

Downloaded File and when I double click on it I get a warning about an exicutable bit not set, where do I go from here? What bit needs to be set and the .jar file also is seen as a compressed zip file as well.

Any assistance would be appreciated.
arhunter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09/18/2011, 02:08 PM   #7 (permalink)
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by arhunter View Post
Downloaded File and when I double click on it I get a warning about an exicutable bit not set, where do I go from here? What bit needs to be set and the .jar file also is seen as a compressed zip file as well.

Any assistance would be appreciated.
You need to open up the file's properties window and tag it as executable. Then it should run with Java, rather than opening in the archive manager

Developer of many apps such as: WebOS Quick Install, WebOS Theme Builder, Ipk Packager, Unified Diff Creator, Internalz Pro, ComicShelf HD, LED Torch, over 70 patches and more.

@JayCanuck @CanuckCoding Facebook
Jason Robitaille is offline   Reply With Quote
Thanked by arhunter, Willard
Old 01/12/2012, 05:16 PM   #8 (permalink)

I can now run the file and I can't find the device, my pre is in developer mode but still the jar program can't see the palm.
Old 01/13/2012, 10:21 AM   #9 (permalink)
Homebrew Developer

Quote:
I can now run the file and I can't find the device, my pre is in developer mode but still the jar program can't see the palm.
Did you install novacom?
Archive Manager extract and create archives (zip, rar, 7z, )
FTPit! full-featured FTP client for webOS
Twitter: @pcworldSoftware; e-mail (contact, support) if you like what I'm doing, feel free to (alternatively in USD)
Old 01/28/2012, 04:59 PM   #10 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by pcworld View Post
Did you install novacom?
When I start up the program it states that novacom needs to be installed, do I want to install yes/no. I click yes. Note that everytime I run the program I get that message. So I am uncertain if it actually installed it. When its finished installing it does say installation successful.
Old 01/28/2012, 05:16 PM   #11 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by pcworld View Post
Did you install novacom?
When I start up the program it states that novacom needs to be installed, do I want to install yes/no. I click yes. Note that everytime I run the program I get that message. So I am uncertain if it actually installed it. When its finished installing it does say installation successful.
Old 01/31/2012, 01:29 PM   #12 (permalink)
Homebrew Developer

Quote:
I don't think WOSQI is currently able to auto-install novacom on Ubuntu.
Download and install novacom from the SDK site, section "Install the SDK for Linux"
Archive Manager extract and create archives (zip, rar, 7z, )
FTPit! full-featured FTP client for webOS
Twitter: @pcworldSoftware; e-mail (contact, support) if you like what I'm doing, feel free to (alternatively in USD)

Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0