1.    #1  
    I registered for this site last night and tried to download some Homebrew apps on my Palm Pre Plus.

I followed the guide posted on these forums and I sucessfully completed nearly all the steps. I updated my Java, downloaded WebOS Quick Install and WebOS Doctor, turned on my palm's developer mode.

Everything seemed to be working fine until I tried to click the "Install!" button on WebOS Quick Install, nothing happened. I then researched a bit about the problem and tried to download Novacom by clicking the "Options" button within the "File" button. Nothing happened. I tried pushing any of the buttons within the tabs on top of the Quick Install and the only tab that worked was the "Help" tab and the things within it.

If I could get some help for this or be directed to another post where a similar problem occured it would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance!
    did you put your phone in developer mode?

type webos20990606
  3.    #3  
    yes, but I used the code "upupdowndownleftrightleftrightbastart"
    Quote Originally Posted by khyegould View Post
    yes, but I used the code "upupdowndownleftrightleftrightbastart"
    For reference webos20990606 does the same thing but in a shorter more convenient package.

<<Thread Moved>>
    Sprint|Samsung Epic
    Did you have it in USB mode or Just Charge mode? Its supposed to be in Just Charge mode.
    Seems to be more of a java/OS problem to me.
    Quote Originally Posted by khyegould View Post
    I registered for this site last night and tried to download some Homebrew apps on my Palm Pre Plus.

I followed the guide posted on these forums and I sucessfully completed nearly all the steps. I updated my Java, downloaded WebOS Quick Install and WebOS Doctor, turned on my palm's developer mode.

Everything seemed to be working fine until I tried to click the "Install!" button on WebOS Quick Install, nothing happened. I then researched a bit about the problem and tried to download Novacom by clicking the "Options" button within the "File" button. Nothing happened. I tried pushing any of the buttons within the tabs on top of the Quick Install and the only tab that worked was the "Help" tab and the things within it.

If I could get some help for this or be directed to another post where a similar problem occured it would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance!
    I'm having the exact same problem. I've never had this problem before and I've been using WOSQI almost since it first came out. I'm running Windows 7 64 bit, have the most up to date Java, and gave WOSQI full permission. I think it may be a problem with the doctor. When I initially launched WOSQI, it began the doctor download like it usually does. When it finished the download, I launched WOSQI and went immediately to options to download Novacom. Nothing happened after clicking options. I tried launching the doctor directly and got an error message "Invalid or corrupt jarfile <filepath>"

The doctor jar is listed as only 25MB which is much smaller than it should be. When I deleted it and let WOSQI re-download it, I noticed that it hung at 9%, then was suddenly finished and launched WOSQI. I've tried to download the doctor directly from the links on WebOS Internals' Wiki and the file was downloading at only 78 bytes/sec. I tried using the palm downloader directly from their website and it also hangs shortly into the download, then gives an error "Unable to launch the application". The following are the details from that error:

Code:
    <?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
    <jnlp 
      spec="1.5+"
      codebase="http://palm.cdnetworks.net/rom/pre/p145r0d08102010/spr1ntp145rod" href="webosdoctorp100ewwsprint.jnlp"
    >

<information>
      <title>Palm webOS(R) Doctor(tm) Build Sprint.251.299, webOS 1.4.5</title>
      <vendor>palm</vendor>
      <homepage href="www.palm.com" />
      <description>Palm webOS(R) Doctor(tm) Build Sprint.251.299, webOS 1.4.5</description>
      <icon href="icon.png"/>
      <icon kind="splash" href="splash.jpg"/>
      <offline-allowed/>
      <shortcut online="true">
      	<desktop/>
      </shortcut>
    </information>
    <update check="timeout" policy="always" />
    <security>
      <all-permissions/> 
    </security>
    <resources>
      <j2se version="1.5+" />
      <jar href="webosdoctorp100ewwsprint.jar"/>
    </resources>
    <application-desc main-class="com.palm.nova.installer.recoverytool.RecoveryTool" />
    </jnlp>
    Code:
    com.sun.deploy.net.FailedDownloadException: Unable to load resource: http://palm.cdnetworks.net/rom/pre/p145r0d08102010/spr1ntp145rod/webosdoctorp100ewwsprint.jar
    	at com.sun.deploy.net.DownloadEngine.actionDownload(Unknown Source)
    	at com.sun.deploy.net.DownloadEngine.getCacheEntry(Unknown Source)
    	at com.sun.deploy.net.DownloadEngine.getResourceCacheEntry(Unknown Source)
    	at com.sun.deploy.net.DownloadEngine.getResource(Unknown Source)
    	at com.sun.javaws.LaunchDownload$DownloadTask.call(Unknown Source)
    	at java.util.concurrent.FutureTask$Sync.innerRun(Unknown Source)
    	at java.util.concurrent.FutureTask.run(Unknown Source)
    	at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor$Worker.runTask(Unknown Source)
    	at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor$Worker.run(Unknown Source)
    	at java.lang.Thread.run(Unknown Source)
    Code:
    java.io.EOFException: Unexpected end of ZLIB input stream
    	at java.util.zip.InflaterInputStream.fill(Unknown Source)
    	at java.util.zip.InflaterInputStream.read(Unknown Source)
    	at java.util.zip.ZipInputStream.read(Unknown Source)
    	at com.sun.deploy.net.HttpDownloadHelper.decompressWrite(Unknown Source)
    	at com.sun.deploy.net.HttpDownloadHelper.download(Unknown Source)
    	at com.sun.deploy.cache.Cache.downloadResourceToTempFile(Unknown Source)
    	at com.sun.deploy.cache.Cache.downloadResourceToCache(Unknown Source)
    	at com.sun.deploy.net.DownloadEngine.actionDownload(Unknown Source)
    	at com.sun.deploy.net.DownloadEngine.getResource(Unknown Source)
    	at com.sun.javaws.LaunchDownload$DownloadTask.call(Unknown Source)
    	at java.util.concurrent.FutureTask$Sync.innerRun(Unknown Source)
    	at java.util.concurrent.FutureTask.run(Unknown Source)
    	at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor$Worker.runTask(Unknown Source)
    	at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor$Worker.run(Unknown Source)
    	at java.lang.Thread.run(Unknown Source)

Does anyone have a mirror of the Doctor? That might just solve the problems we've been having.
    Let's try it this way: Is there anyone out there who has a copy of the doctor for a Sprint Pre for 1.4.5 who wouldn't mind uploading it and sharing it? Thanks!
    Disregard my last request. Looks like the doctor's servers are working again. My suggestion to the OP is to delete the doctor file you have and have it redownload.