1.    #1  
    Hi,
    I downloaded WebOs Quick Install 3.14. I have my palm pre in dev mode. when I go to add an app I get an error message that reads:
    ERROR: java.net. ProtocolException: Server redirected too many times (20).
    What am I doing wrong? I did the install step by step as instructed.
    I am able to install themes. That for some reason is no problem. Also installed the Preware app and i'm able to install apps from my phone directly.
    what app are you tryin to install?
  3.    #3  
    I've tried several different ones. the 1st one was Music Player........ as it suggests on the page to try that one.
    I got the same thing with Music Player, but other aps worked.

NOTE: I too just put preware etc on my sprint pre and tried to follow the step by step - not simple for us older, kid harassed dads, love the concept though. Still can not get Music Player in.

Make sure that WebOS quick install sees your pre - Tools, device manager, ...

Maybe Music Player site is offline for maintenance?
  5.    #5  
    WebOs does see it.
    I just have no clue as to what the problem is now.
    I am now getting the same error message consistently. Earlier I was able to download some aps.
    Global Posts
    14 Global Posts
    I had to get a refurb pre because might launch day pre finally died. I tried to install some of Jasons patches through preware and there was an ipk error. Moved on to webosqi and I get the same errors redirected too many times error. Must be something on Jasons end.
    Update: if you search the forums for internalz you will find the answer in Jasons post.
    Last edited by vman77; 12/31/2010 at 03:45 PM.
    Is your java up to date. I had issues once when it was out of date.
    I have the same problem. Themes and tweeks can be installed fine, but no apps via the repository. Java is up to date and I can't find a solution anywhere else!
    Me too! Looking for a solution. Hope somebody posts one soon. Help!
    Okay so is this issue ever going to be resolved or am I going to have to give up on trying to install homebrew apps? I'm seriously considering hitting the WebOSDoctor button and seeing if it will work by restoring this phone because I bought it used and I really don't know what it's been through.
    'have the same problem since days ... a friend of mine gave me a small solution ... it works for me for now
    Index of /
    download the file: org.webosinternals.preware_1.5.0_arm.ipk an install the homebrew apps over your pre
    Where do you find the preware file?
    Does anyone know how I can download preware without using WOQI?
    I think there is a direct installer. Did you check the Preware forum? Start here:

Application:Preware - WebOS Internals
    any word on a fix for this-i am having the same problem
    did you try the direct installer from the link above your post?
    Found it. Yes, definitely worked. Now I can just install all apps through preware. There's more tweaks on here too. Thank you Cantaffordit! Awesome name by the way haha!
    Hi,

I'm having the same problem with my pre.

Clicking the download link on step 3 of the above listed site

stated

"Download the Preware Standalone Installer and place it in the same directory as the webOS Doctor .jar file. "

gives a 404
    "The requested URL /PrewareInstaller-1.1.0.jar was not found on this server."

Any idea?

TIA

Achim
    Quote Originally Posted by AchimP View Post
    Clicking the download link on step 3 of the above listed site

stated

"Download the Preware Standalone Installer and place it in the same directory as the webOS Doctor .jar file. "

gives a 404
    "The requested URL /PrewareInstaller-1.1.0.jar was not found on this server."
    Ok, the solution: Kindly enough that server allows you to view the directory supposedly containing the missing file. So just go to http://get.preware.org and pick the version of PrewareInstaller-xxxx.jar you like, currently the newest is "PrewareInstaller-1.5.0.jar".

Bye
    Achim