Global Posts
    418 Global Posts
    I think it has to do with systoolsmgr and filemgr. Won't install at all. Heres a thread about it..

http://forums.precentral.net/general...stoolsmgr.html
    This was just posted on twitter by @webosinternals:
    Code:
    PreCentral have fixed the homebrew feed. 
    Some advanced apps (like Internalz) need a small 
    adjustment by the author to match the new URLs
    Seems jason needs to change something.
    Quote Originally Posted by somline View Post
    This was just posted on twitter by @webosinternals:
    Code:
    PreCentral have fixed the homebrew feed. 
    Some advanced apps (like Internalz) need a small 
    adjustment by the author to match the new URLs
    Seems jason needs to change something.
    I mentioned this in another thread, but in a nutshell, here's the issue.

PreCentral changed it's backend to a new system, changing the way ipk URLs are formed. In response, WebOS-Internals updated their xml-to-ipkg feed converter script. They have now switched from the ipkg standard filepath format to using a Location parameter in the Source JSON which now points to the ipk location, getting updated as needed.

This was a necessary change, but unfortunately had a few consequences. For one, it has killed the PreCentral feed in WOSQI. I plan to fix this in my big 4.0 revamp release in the coming weeks/months. In addition, all ipk files from PreCentral that contain a Source JSON (to add things like post-installation restart flags, as FileMgr does) need to manually add a Location parameter pointing to the ipk URL, as the xml-to-ipkg script puts priority on fields inside the package (as it should).

I was recently told about the changes and quickly updated both the FileMgr and SysToolsMgr ipk files last night, and in fact released an updated Ipk Packager tool for other 3rd party devs. This can be verified both from the changed ipk files themselves and the "Last Updated" label on FileMgr's and SysToolsMgr's P|C Homebrew Gallery page. So as far as I know, the updated date should have gotten them rescanned by the xml-to-ipkg script. Rod's not online at the moment, but I'll ask him about it later today and hopefully these updated ipks will be available soon. [Edit: looks like I was mistaken as it's package version that determines if Rod's script parsed the ipk. He's helped get the new ipk files onto the feed and downloads via Preware should now work again]

As a workaround, please just download the ipk from the P|C Homebrew Gallery pages of FileMgr and SysToolsMgr and install them with palm-install, WOSQI, Internalz, or Preware. A simple quick fix

And of course in changes such as this there are, naturally, some concerns, and possibly future changes to come. For example, wouldn't it be ironic if uploading a new version of SysToolsMgr got it assigned a new ipk URL, then the Location parameter would be wrong, lol. Or even the situation of adding a new app to the homebrew feed; how would you know the ipk URL if there's never been one before. But that's the nature of the homebrew ecosystem: ever-changing, and chances are these concerns will be ironed out soon

Please don't read my concerns like I'm being negative, as that's not the intention. On the contrary, I'm excited about the backend changes P|C has undergone and the potential it allows. I'm also enthused about the spirit of cooperation the homebrew community possesses. The speedy intercommunication and cooperation between Dieter, Rod and myself, brings back to light that these are merely bumps along the road.
    Last edited by Jason Robitaille; 12/28/2010 at 11:14 PM.
    If you've liked my software, please consider to towards future development.

Developer of many apps such as: WebOS Quick Install, WebOS Theme Builder, Ipk Packager, Unified Diff Creator, Internalz Pro, ComicShelf HD, LED Torch, over 70 patches and more.

@JayCanuck @CanuckCoding Facebook
    Global Posts
    418 Global Posts
    Downloading from the gallery page and installing via webOSQI was simple. Internalz and Preset reset installs now. Thanks!
    Am I the only one who can't see the links for these two apps? Under download options in the app gallery, there's nothing.
    screwdestiny
    PSN Twitter Last.FM
    Global Posts
    418 Global Posts
    Make sure you're signed in.

-- Sent from my Palm Pixi using Forums
    Quote Originally Posted by malpha View Post
    Am I the only one who can't see the links for these two apps? Under download options in the app gallery, there's nothing.
    Same for me, however, from windows in the browser it works. I entered the download path that was shown in Firefox when hovering over the download link directly into the WebOS browser ( http://www.precentral.net/downloads/filemgr-service and /systoolsmgr-service, respectively) and then the ipk file was found. However, installation was not successful (neither FileMgr nor SysToolsMgr). Both complained about "-1: Invalid or missing filename parameter".

Greetings,
    BDifferent