1.    #1  
    Hi, this is my first post. I can not in any way to launch the program WebOSQuickInstall.jar on my PC (Windows 7 64bit), I tried to check whether I had the correct version of java, I put the program in the same folder WebOSDoctor, I tried to run line DOS command (java-jar WebOSQuickInstall.jar) but I did not get results.
    Now, if I try double-clicking, I get the error message "could not find the main class"
    Can you help me?
    thanks
    Last edited by FrankBullitt; 12/04/2010 at 01:10 PM.
    Try reading and/or posting in here:

http://forums.precentral.net/canuck-...ain-class.html
    Last edited by NachoB; 12/20/2010 at 08:37 PM.
    If you found my post useful then please sign up for a Dropbox Account, I could use the extra 250mb of storage.

HOW TO: Zip/Unzip via Pre/Pixi using Terminal
    HOW TO: Modify DTMF audio (webOS 1.4.5 or earlier)
    Palm Pre wallpapers
    Quote Originally Posted by FrankBullitt View Post
    Hi, this is my first post. I can not in any way to launch the program WebOSQuickInstall.jar on my PC (Windows 7 64bit), I tried to check whether I had the correct version of java, I put the program in the same folder WebOSDoctor, I tried to run line DOS command (java-jar WebOSQuickInstall.jar) but I did not get results.
    Now, if I try double-clicking, I get the error message "could not find the main class"
    Can you help me?
    thanks
    Hi, I just ran it on my Win7 Enterprise 64-bit laptop yesterday, so for sure works. My Ovi Suite (Nokia) had messed up my Java file association, so I also ran the command line thing.

"c:\program files (x86)\java\jre6\bin\javaw" -jar webosquickinstall.jar

Did also see the message "could not find the main class" at some point, don't remember why. But did you remember to put the webosdoctor.jar in the same folder?

Also, if you need to fix your Java file assosciations, these simple instructions worked for me:

Windows7 .jar file association broken with Nokia OVI thePanz

Quick summary (note changed to x86 prog files, had to on my system, worked, so don't really care if it's the right Java... )

1) In regedit, delete following keys:
    HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\.jar
    HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\SystemFileAssociations\.jar
    HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\FileExts\.jar

2) In command prompt, run following two commands:
    assoc .jar=JARFile
    ftype JARFile="C:\Program Files (x86)\Java\jre6\bin\javaw.exe" -jar "%1"
  4.    #4  
    Quote Originally Posted by psv75 View Post
    Hi, I just ran it on my Win7 Enterprise 64-bit laptop yesterday, so for sure works. My Ovi Suite (Nokia) had messed up my Java file association, so I also ran the command line thing.

"c:\program files (x86)\java\jre6\bin\javaw" -jar webosquickinstall.jar

Did also see the message "could not find the main class" at some point, don't remember why. But did you remember to put the webosdoctor.jar in the same folder?

Also, if you need to fix your Java file assosciations, these simple instructions worked for me:

Windows7 .jar file association broken with Nokia OVI thePanz

Quick summary (note changed to x86 prog files, had to on my system, worked, so don't really care if it's the right Java... )

1) In regedit, delete following keys:
    HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\.jar
    HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\SystemFileAssociations\.jar
    HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\FileExts\.jar

2) In command prompt, run following two commands:
    assoc .jar=JARFile
    ftype JARFile="C:\Program Files (x86)\Java\jre6\bin\javaw.exe" -jar "%1"

thanks! start immediately to try

it seems to work fine!
    Last edited by FrankBullitt; 12/04/2010 at 05:24 PM.
  5.    #5  
    Confirm! The described method works perfectly!