Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Did you get my private message?
    I've read around that people can't really install themes anymore. Well I think I found a solution to being able to add/delete themes without getting like a gray screen when deleting. (of course one installed at a time though).

Well first you need. Internalz, WOSQI, and Notepad++ (Windows Computer).

Example:

1.) Run Internalz.

2.) Head to the directory /usr/lib/luna/system/lunasystemui/images/

3.) Scroll down till you find rssi-1.png

4.) Copy rssi-1.png, rssi-2.png, rssi-3.png, rssi-4.png, rssi-5.png to directory. /media/internal/

5.) The directory above is your usb.

6.) Now plug your Palm Pre up to your computer and open up the images in any photo editing software (Photoshop), and change whatever you want with the image except the size of it.

7.) Save the finished photo back into your usb on your phone. But make sure it's saved as a .png and with a different name (maybe an extra number at the end).

8.) Unplug your phone *safely* and run Internalz once again.

9.) Go to the directory /media/internal/
    and look for the .png file you saved here.

10.) Once you found it, tap it. There should be an option to "copy" choose that, and copy it to directory. /usr/lib/luna/system/lunasystemui/images/

11.) Make sure you copy all the .png files you edited into the above directory.

12.) Now that that's done. Your gonna have to change some codes.

13.) Go to the directory. /usr/lib/luna/system/lunasystemui/stylesheets/

14.) Look for the file "systemui.css, and open it.

15.) Scroll down through the codes/commands until you see.
    #rssi.bars-1 (
    background: url(../images/rssi-1.png) center

16.) Edit the code /rssi-1.png) to whatever you saved it as.

17.) Save it, by taping "Internalz" in the top left of your phone and you should see an option "save file"

18.) Now just restart your phone, (Luna Restart is the fastest). and when its back up you should see your changes you made.

---------------------------------------------------

Hope this is new/good.
    The above TUT is for changing your service bars on the top right of your phone.
    But just somewhat repeat those steps for your theme, and write a script to apply these changes?
  4.    #24  
    Quote Originally Posted by NuBLoZ View Post
    But just somewhat repeat those steps for your theme, and write a script to apply these changes?
    That's basically what theme install scripts are supposed to do, but manually and more preciously. Thanks for the guide
    If you've liked my software, please consider to towards future development.

Developer of many apps such as: WebOS Quick Install, WebOS Theme Builder, Ipk Packager, Unified Diff Creator, Internalz Pro, ComicShelf HD, LED Torch, over 70 patches and more.

@JayCanuck @CanuckCoding Facebook
    Quote Originally Posted by Jason Robitaille View Post
    Photoshop for title cards, and Camtasia for the screen recording and overall video editing.
    How exactly is it that you record your palm pres screen?
    Programs?
    Apps?
    Cords?

Edit: Emulator, now I know.
    Last edited by NuBLoZ; 11/19/2010 at 06:53 PM.
  6.    #26  
    New episode out

It's pretty easy to guess how to open a file from Internalz. The process is pretty straightforward. But not many people know you can directly tap a file's icon to quick-open it.

Developer of many apps such as: WebOS Quick Install, WebOS Theme Builder, Ipk Packager, Unified Diff Creator, Internalz Pro, ComicShelf HD, LED Torch, over 70 patches and more.

7.    #27  
    Another new episode

The ability to rename items has been integrated seamlessly into the file/directory Info screen in Internalz. You can literally select the title name and edit it to whatever you want.

8.    #28  
    2 episodes to catch back up

There actually two different ways to hide files/directories in /media/internal/. One hides the file in the Internalz listins and USB Mode. The other will hide it from other webOS applications, such as Photos and Music.

(edit: used to be #9)

The home button is one of the key features in quickly navigating through directories on your device. The best part: it's easily configurable to any directory on your device!
    Last edited by Jason Robitaille; 12/01/2010 at 06:34 PM.

9.    #29  
    2 more episodes to catch back up again Due note, I moved the old #9 to #10 for better organization.

The user storage area is FAT32 format, but the rest of webOS isn't. It's a Linux-based system and as such, Internalz includes support for Linux permissions for files and directories outside of /media/internal/.

A lot of people don't realize Internalz supports a variety of sorting options for file/directory listings. The sorting order toggles are tightly integrated into the listing header-bar and this video will show you all the ways you can use them.

10.    #30  
    Another new episode

Internalz has a built-in image viewer. Laid out simply, don't be fooled. It is full-featured, including multitouch-zoom/pan support, sharing images via email and MMS, and even the ability to set the image as your wallpaper.

11.    #31  
    Yet, another new episode; just a day late

One thing needed to accompany a full-system file manager is an equally powerful text editor. The text editor within Internalz is both powerful and versatile; able to open nearly any plain-text file (even in extensionless files). Not only that, you can easily toggle word-wrap to view the file as you'd like.
    Last edited by Jason Robitaille; 12/06/2010 at 05:27 AM.

12.    #32  
    Another new video. On time for once

Patches are one of the biggest highlights of the webOS homebrew community and rightfully so. Being able to customize your device to your own needs and desires is what makes the device your own. However, not all patches are on feeds; sometimes patches are in-testing, unreleased, or abandoned. Internalz helps out by providing an AUPT-compatible solution for off-feed patches. Simply open up the .patch or .diff file in Internalz and you'll see an enhanced version of the text editor, able to apply the patch on-device.

13.    #33  
    Internalz Tipz #15: Ipk Installer

Internalz can install ipk files, opening up your device to countless homebrew apps, and developer betas. Not only that, but it displays details about the package before you install it, so you know what's inside.

One reason people love Internalz is its customizable interface. You can change font sizes, how files are saved, screen orientation, card handling, and most importantly, the app theme. It's all the little touches and customizations that will help make Internalz your own.

Internalz is able to register itself as a file handler. But a lot of people don't know what that means and get confused. This video tutorial should help.
    Last edited by Jason Robitaille; 12/13/2010 at 03:15 AM.

Is there a way to move an MP3 file from ringtones to be a music file? So when I open my music player it will show there. Any input would be most Appreciated!!
  15.    #35  
    Quote Originally Posted by shmutt1980 View Post
    Is there a way to move an MP3 file from ringtones to be a music file? So when I open my music player it will show there. Any input would be most Appreciated!!
    I believe all music files in /media/internal/ringtones/ are ignored by the Music app. So just copy the file you want, out of that folder

Also, here's the next episode

It's not always that easy to find out where attachments and web downloads get saved to. Sometimes they're hidden deep within the system. For filetypes registered to Internalz as a default handler, there is help available. The convenient "Copy To User Storage" option can save you hours of frustrating time trying to manually find and and copy out the file.

but what folder to I put it in so it will show up under the music player?
  17.    #37  
    Quote Originally Posted by shmutt1980 View Post
    but what folder to I put it in so it will show up under the music player?
    any folder you want, in /media/internal/. I like /media/internal/audio/, but it can be any folder really. Just as long as it's not in /media/internal/ringtones/ as those are for ringtones only.

Another new episode:

Internalz has safeguards put in place so you can't destroy your system. But what if you want complete control of your device? Perhaps you want to edit system files or replace system images. Well, at your own risk, you can enable Master Mode.

Hey Jason, thanks for all of the videos. I consider myself pretty 'experienced' and I've still learned a few things I didn't already know from them.
    [QUOTE=Jason Robitaille;2797764]any folder you want, in /media/internal/. I like /media/internal/audio/, but it can be any folder really. Just as long as it's not in /media/internal/ringtones/ as those are for ringtones only.

amazing, i created a folder, Music, and it didnt find it, so I thought maybe it was because it was capitalized, so I made it lower case, and the player picked it right up! TNKS THNKS THANKS!!!
  20.    #40  
    The last episode of the first series is here!

Over the course of the previous 19 videos, you've learnt the basics of Internalz and how to use it effectively. Now let's try something a bit more complicated, but with beautiful results. With this video, you'll learn how to easily change your device's boot logo.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast