Global Posts
    64 Global Posts
    Is running EPR in WebOSQI the same as running it from PreWare?

The reason I ask is because I upgraded to 1.4.5 and ran EPR from WebOSQI (not knowing it was available from within PreWare). But now I don't how to recover the patches. I saw that there is a way to recover them from PreWare, but since I didn't originally run it from PreWare, it's not finding any patches to recover!

What am I missing? Is there a way to recover the patches from within WebOS Quick Install?
    EPR removes all patches.
    Not sure what you mean by wanting to recover the patches. You'll have to reinstall them after an EPR.

In Preware, you can view the Saved Package List and reinstall from there. That list is manually updated so if you don't do frequent updates it won't be current.
    If you found my post useful then please sign up for a Dropbox Account, I could use the extra 250mb of storage.

HOW TO: Zip/Unzip via Pre/Pixi using Terminal
    HOW TO: Modify DTMF audio (webOS 1.4.5 or earlier)
    Palm Pre wallpapers
    Global Posts
    64 Global Posts
    I guess I was thinking there was a way to then automatically re-install the patches after the WebOS update. Do i have to manually re-install all my patches then?
    Since you ran EPR, you'd have to rely on the Saved Package List.
    If you found my post useful then please sign up for a Dropbox Account, I could use the extra 250mb of storage.

HOW TO: Zip/Unzip via Pre/Pixi using Terminal
    HOW TO: Modify DTMF audio (webOS 1.4.5 or earlier)
    Palm Pre wallpapers
    I have a verizon pre plus that had the dreaded "logged out of the profile" issue. After I logged back in and the Palm profile back up was restored, I noticed that most of the patches were still installed, but were not shown as installed after I put preware back on the phone. When I went back to the preware saved package list and tried to reinstall, for most, I got the message (to the effect of) "interesting the patch seems to be already installed". Ok to this point but...
    For a few of the patches (system initial framework, top bar menus, and scroll bar in browser) I got error codes. So I deleted them from the saved package list, re-ran it, and it completed. However, these patches are on my phone (and functioning) but do not show up in preware as installed.

So my question, if I run EPR, will it also remove these patches, or does it refer to the preware list, and if so will not know to remove them??
    This is in preparation for 1.4.5, which it looks like is not being pushed to my phone so I can plan to clean up the phone before I pull down the update.

Thanks...