1.    #1  
    So I followed most if up until I got to the part where i plug my phone in when I try to download it it says no device or refused or error something of the sort Im running windows and something happened where I was downloading software for the pre when I first plug it in and it said it messed up might not work properly and now I cnt get that to pop up to dl it the right way. Could somebody help me if they know what im talking about
    are you in developer mode and using a palm-branded usb cable?
    type "upupdowndownleftrightleftrightbastart" or "webos20090606" into universal seach to enable dev mode
    Last edited by 063_xobx; 09/04/2010 at 06:20 PM.
  4.    #4  
    I did that its when I pluigged it in it said i need to download software for the pre and then that didnt work rite so idk its in dev mode ima take it off that then put it back and see what happens
    It means you don't have novacomd. Download it from the help menu in quickinstall
  6.    #6  
    So i downloaded it and it says no device found refuse conecct: connect
  7.    #7  
    that didnt help either that page doesnt exist anymore or something like that
  8.    #8  
    this kinda sucks
    Quote Originally Posted by hjr954 View Post
    this kinda sucks
    First of all what are using to install Preware and what instructions are you following? install.preware.org are the correct ones.
    Secondly restart both your pc and Pre before following those instructions.
    If the Pre still doesnt connect, navigate to the folder Palm, Inc which will be in your c drive somewhere and attempt to install the device drivers.
    Any of that work?

Pip
  10.    #10  
    Ive tried everything and nothing
    I don't know what exactly you're not doing. You want preware on your device. (1) Put phone in developer mode.(webos20090606) (2) Download the latest webosQI. (3) Connect phone to computer, and make sure computer recognizes that phone is connected. (4) If PC doesn't recognize that phone is connected ~ then download Palm(usb)driver from this link:Palm Driver Download -- Open Drivers. (5) Make sure you have java enable on your PC. (6) Make sure novacomd is active on PC. Novacomd can be enable by pressing "HELP" in webosQI. (6) If you try all these and still can't get preware, here is a link on how to get preware three different ways on your phone. Link: Application:Preware - WebOS Internals.

If all above fails then find someone to assist you.

Good Luck.
  12.    #12  
    Well i got it to work it was the novacomd driver i couldnt get it to work at first so I changed profiles n my comp then restarted and it downloaded from my phone the right way and now everythings gravy thanks for the help all of you
    Quote Originally Posted by hjr954 View Post
    Well i got it to work it was the novacomd driver i couldnt get it to work at first so I changed profiles n my comp then restarted and it downloaded from my phone the right way and now everythings gravy thanks for the help all of you
    You're welcome.