1.    #1  
    I had a bunch of errors. Most of them had to do with a framework_config.json or something like that. One was etc/.rootfs_rw. Are these anything i should be concerned about? I think the framework ones were about turning off error logging and a few of the errors i saw were patches i download like no round corners and stuff. But whats the rootfs_rw one for? Would any of these be causing my phone to turn off possibly?
    Verizon Pixi Plus on 1.4.5 w/ Preware
  2.    #2  
    Modified file found: /usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.notes/framework_config.json
    --user ignored file.

Modified file found: /usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.odd/framework_config.json
    --user ignored file.

Modified file found: /usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.updates/framework_config.json
    --user ignored file

Modified file found: /usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.wifi/framework_config.json
    --user ignored file.

Modified file found: /etc/.rootfs_RW
    --user ignored file.

Backup file damaged: /usr/palm/sysmgr/images/wm-corner-top-right.pngBACKUP
    --user ignored file.

Backup file damaged: /usr/palm/sysmgr/images/wm-corner-top-left.pngBACKUP
    --user ignored file.

Backup file damaged: /usr/palm/sysmgr/images/wm-corner-bottom-right.pngBACKUP
    --user ignored file.

Backup file damaged: /usr/palm/sysmgr/images/wm-corner-bottom-left.pngBACKUP
    --user ignored file.

Those are the errors. The only problems i have with my phone are:

-C & N button don't work everytime (usually when typing quick, everytime after that first time of not working it works. don't know if this is hardware or software related)

-If i hit the power button it comes on, then goes off, then takes a while to come back on if i hit the button again. This isn't all the time and isn't too irritating

-Phone shuts off ranomly. It happens every 3-5 days so far. It will just shut off then i'll have to power it back on. As far as issues, that's all i've had wrong with the phone.
    Last edited by SuzukiGS750EZ; 08/16/2010 at 03:21 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by SuzukiGS750EZ View Post
    I had a bunch of errors. Most of them had to do with a framework_config.json or something like that. One was etc/.rootfs_rw. Are these anything i should be concerned about? I think the framework ones were about turning off error logging and a few of the errors i saw were patches i download like no round corners and stuff. But whats the rootfs_rw one for? Would any of these be causing my phone to turn off possibly?
    Those are mainly missing, or modified file(s) that webos utility as found. You can either fix, or ignore them. I would recommend you fixing them.

Best of luck.
    As for the phone giving all these problems, after having it for two months. I would suggest you return it for a replacement. For all those errors found, please run webos utility again, and fix those modified problems. (If you're planning on not returning the device)

Best of luck.
  5.    #5  
    If i fix them, and say the no round corners patch gets fixed by webos repair it will remove them and put them back to round, wouldn't it? I'm afraid if i fix them, i'll have to go through all my patches again and figure out one by one which ones got removed. Yeah, i've had my phone going on 3 months now, and the only problem that bothers me is my phone shutting off when i don't know it. it only started this month, right after i got a touchstone. Don't know if it has any correlation or not. So, what happens if i do fix all these errors, does it remove the patch or theme and revert back to stock?
    I would strongly advice you to read this: http://www.precentral.net/webos-repa...ew-best-friend
    Webos repair utility, Does Not Remove Anthing. Patches/Themes/Kernels, all remain on the phone, unless you choose to have them removed.
  8.    #8  
    I read that before i downloaded it lol. Did a bit of research. But, still, does repairing these files/patches remove them and their effects on my phone? "modified" i would believe is a patch modifying the stock file to make it work as i would like. But damaged doesn't sit well with me. Would a patch or something make it report back as damaged if the phone thinks it needs the stock file? I just ran it to see if it would come back with anything, not expecting a single error as i just used webos doctor along with deleting my backup and doing a secure full erase, then downloaded/changed all my settings and patches. here's a list of patches i have if this will help diagnose and give me info on my errors:
    *Applications*
    -Govnah
    -SMS Auto Forward/Reply

*Kernel*
    -Uberkernel (Pixi/Pixi+)

*Linux Application*
    -Lsdiff
    -Diffstat
    -GNU Patch

*Patch*
    -4x4 Icons v1
    -Ad Blocker
    -Add Bing and Yahoo and Remove Twitter
    -Add Date - MM/DD
    -Add Delete Buttons
    -Add Move to Folder Button
    -Add One Minute Interval
    -Add Open URL Menu Option
    -Add Option to Send Link Message
    -Add Select All and New Message
    -Add Space Between Snooze and Dismiss
    -Add Sync Now
    -Additional Contact Labels
    -Advanced Options in Launcher
    -Alarm Daily Options
    -All-Day Events in Month View
    -Audio/Video Attachments
    -Auto Enable and Disable GPS for Maps
    -Auto Show Dialpad for Outgoing Calls Only
    -Battery Icon as Percent
    -Call Duration in Call Log
    -Call History During Call
    -Call Log Styling Mod
    -Character Counter
    -Charging Alert Vibrate Only
    -Close on hangup
    -Compose to Email
    -Copy URL to Clipboard
    -Default to Month View
    -Delete All Conversations and Texts
    -Device Menu Megamix
    -Device Menu Megamix with Media Vol Control
    -Disable Low Battery Warning Sound 20 Percent
    -Disable Low Battery Warning Sound 10 Percent
    -Enable Dialpad Vibration with Audio
    -Enable Verizon aGPS Server for Improved GPS
    -Enable Vibration
    -Faster Card Animations HYPER Version
    -Format app menu for adding date
    -Full IM Status
    -Fullscreen Mode Browser
    -Hide Amazon MP3 App
    -Hide Quick Launch Bar in Launcher Remix
    -Hide VZNav
    -Improved Edited Video Filenames
    -Improved Photo Naming PIXI
    -Just Charge By Default
    -Match State to Area Code
    -More Reminder Alarm Times
    -No Arrows or Fade Bar
    -No Auto-Answer Upon Touchstone Removal
    -No Missed Call Callback
    -Power Button to End Calls
    -Prevent Removal
    -Read/Delete All Email
    -Reset Options on Power Button Hold
    -Reset to First Page
    -Send All Contacts via Email
    -Shake to Reload
    -Share Image Message Option
    -Share Larger Videos Via Email
    -Show Actual Battery Percent
    -Show App Details
    -Sign In As Invisible in IM
    -Simple Shutter Sound Off
    -SMS Icon for mobile tagged numbers only
    -Standby Times Deluxe
    -Swipe to Delete
    -Timestamps Clean
    -Unlimited Recipients
    -Video Camera Flashlight (Doesn't work right now)
    -Video Downloads

*Service*
    -SysToolsMgr
    -FileMgr

*Theme*
    -The Ultimate Pre Theme Theme
    Wow, I thought I had a lot. :-)

That's what webos repair utility is there for, say you have a modify or missing file, it would then indentify that missing, or modified file, and repair it. That way all these patches run perfect on your phone. Webos repair utility, webos doctor, and webosQI are your best friends.

Enjoy your phone. Best of luck.
  10.    #10  
    Oh all right. So all it will do really is make the patches that have problems compatable with my phone in a sense?
    Plus, making the overall performance of your phone phenomenal. :-)
  12.    #12  
    Worked great!
  13.    #13  
    Except, it made my email stop coming into my phone just like when i do a java restart or rescan from luna manager. What gives!?
    That's not cause by webos repair utility.
    Emails come to the phone if you have an active account, activated on the phone.

Make sure your email account(s) are on, and activated on the device.

If your email(s) are active, delete and re-add them back.
  15.    #15  
    I have. It happened when i ran the utility, but also when i rescan in luna manager. I can use the email, but no alerts come in, i think it stops it. I have it set as "as items arrive". I can't wrap my head around it. it works on 3g, but not wifi.