Global Posts
    294 Global Posts
    I feel like I've had to reinstall Preware 100 times thru QI, so it puzzles me that QI now tells me: "ERROR 1: Connection refused connnect" then the next box says: "ERROR: No device found". I have it in Dev Mode and connected as Charge Only. Not sure what else to do.
    I've had similar problems before finally getting Preware installed. Maybe try deleting wosqi and reinstalling a current version and see if it will detect your pre then. Just a shot in the dark, good luck.
    Make sure you have the novacom driver running in windows for this to work also. If you go into Task Manager and don't see Novacom running...start it up. Then try re-plugging in your phone to WebOS QI.

Nokia (red phone) --> Denso TouchPoint TP2200 --> Samsung SPH-N400 --> (Palm VII) --> Sanyo 5150 --> Palm Treo 650 --> Palm Pre --> Sprint FrankenPre 2 --> (HP TouchPad)/(HP Pre 3 - Wifi) --> Galaxy Nexus (with TS mod and hopes of Open webOS!)
    <<Thread Moooooved>>
    Sprint|Samsung Epic
    Global Posts
    294 Global Posts
    Problem solved. A bit more complicated than I would've thought. But here's the thread for those with similar probs:

http://forums.precentral.net/web-os-...er-method.html
    Quote Originally Posted by blz2 View Post
    Problem solved. A bit more complicated than I would've thought. But here's the thread for those with similar probs:

http://forums.precentral.net/web-os-...er-method.html
    You know, I've never had to do that, always works fine with the Preware stand-alone installer. Or the Reinstall Novacom (in QuickInstall)
    try re-installing novacom, I installed the Palm SDK, and now mine works fine.

Installing the SDK-PDK on Windows – Palm Developer Center

Sprint Pre- Meta-Doctor 2.1.0 w/Flash

Everything is Amazing & Nobody is Happy, "People with their mobile phones, "uh... oh... it won't..."... GIVE IT A SECOND... IT'S GOING TO SPACE!" Louis C.K.
    Well I usually run mine on the Windows XP Tablet Ed. and it works. I have tried the Windows 7 methods, and also trying to run it in Window7 XP virtual machine and still no luck. So guess I will have to make sure my old Toshiba M205 works for as long as I have a Palm phone.

Nokia (red phone) --> Denso TouchPoint TP2200 --> Samsung SPH-N400 --> (Palm VII) --> Sanyo 5150 --> Palm Treo 650 --> Palm Pre --> Sprint FrankenPre 2 --> (HP TouchPad)/(HP Pre 3 - Wifi) --> Galaxy Nexus (with TS mod and hopes of Open webOS!)
    Global Posts
    294 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by DJeremyC View Post
    Well I usually run mine on the Windows XP Tablet Ed. and it works. I have tried the Windows 7 methods, and also trying to run it in Window7 XP virtual machine and still no luck. So guess I will have to make sure my old Toshiba M205 works for as long as I have a Palm phone.
    Did you try the method above I linked to? I have Win7 64bit and it works fine after I did that.
    Quote Originally Posted by blz2 View Post
    Did you try the method above I linked to? I have Win7 64bit and it works fine after I did that.
    Yah I think I tried that back when I had Win7 Beta and RC1. Will have to try it again now that I have the full Pro version. Thanks for the reminder and link.