Page 9 of 35 FirstFirst ... 456789101112131419 ... LastLast
Results 161 to 180 of 699
Like Tree24Likes
  1. tannyo's Avatar
    Posts
    130 Posts
    Global Posts
    133 Global Posts
    #161  
    Hi Jason,

    According to Preware I'm using version Internalz v1.2.0 and FileMgr v1.1.2. I'm using Palm webOS 1.4.5 on the Sprint network.

    When I download a patch with the browser and open it with Internalz I get the install patch button. When I try to install the patch I get an error. Sending the patch to my email account, saving the patch from the email, opening and installing with Internalz works. Do you know why?
  2.    #162  
    Quote Originally Posted by tannyo View Post
    Hi Jason,

    According to Preware I'm using version Internalz v1.2.0 and FileMgr v1.1.2. I'm using Palm webOS 1.4.5 on the Sprint network.

    When I download a patch with the browser and open it with Internalz I get the install patch button. When I try to install the patch I get an error. Sending the patch to my email account, saving the patch from the email, opening and installing with Internalz works. Do you know why?
    See http://forums.precentral.net/canuck-...tachments.html
    If you've liked my software, please consider to towards future development.

    Developer of many apps such as: WebOS Quick Install, WebOS Theme Builder, Ipk Packager, Unified Diff Creator, Internalz Pro, ComicShelf HD, LED Torch, over 70 patches and more.

    @JayCanuck @CanuckCoding Facebook
  3. #163  
    is it posible to create patches from internalz? I'd like to learn and get into that, thought internalz might be the easiest way to create em on the go
  4.    #164  
    Here's a teaser of the upcoming Internalz v1.3. The "Palm Dark" theme

    If you've liked my software, please consider to towards future development.

    Developer of many apps such as: WebOS Quick Install, WebOS Theme Builder, Ipk Packager, Unified Diff Creator, Internalz Pro, ComicShelf HD, LED Torch, over 70 patches and more.

    @JayCanuck @CanuckCoding Facebook
  5. #165  
    Hi all, I wrote this post on my Pre in the Memos app and forgot to post it yesterday.

    So here is my post:

    Hi all,

    This messages is directed to Jason.

    There seems to be a conflict between Advanced Configuration for App Launcher and Jason's patch Advanced Options in Launcher.

    Rather than try and figure out how to make these two patches work together, I had another idea.

    Why not incorporate the things in the Advanced Options in Launcher into Internalz.

    Not being a programmer myself, it seems that this might be an easy thing to do.

    The code just might be able to be pasted into Internalz menu system.

    The options in Advanced Options in Launcher are 'file management' related and Internalz is a file management system, so the fit seems perfect.

    I would also like added a feature of another patch in Preware, the Emergency Patch Verification. The patch that just checks that all your patches are there correctly.

    Seems like that would be a nice addition along with the Advanced Options in Launcher patch.

    This way as well as Internalz being a file managements like 'Explorer' for Windows or The 'Finder' for Mac, it contains some file and disk checking utilities.

    So is this a possible suggestion to add to the next version of Internalz?

    Thanks Jason for listening to my suggestions.

    Rob
    Last edited by rlanza1054; 08/22/2010 at 05:45 PM. Reason: spelling
  6. 3rdsurfer's Avatar
    Posts
    49 Posts
    Global Posts
    56 Global Posts
    #166  
    first I'll say that I love all your work. I keep looking at dev's name for stuff I get and you seem to come up a lot so I thank you for all you do.

    I've used a few file managers and keep trying new ones, but this is by far the best I've come across. I hate to even ask for more ha. At some point it could use stuff like a search function and the ability to hide files from other apps (if that's even possible) but all in all amazing app so for that I think you.

    p.s. Ooo the next update looks so nice. I can't wait
  7.    #167  
    Quote Originally Posted by rlanza1054 View Post
    Why not incorporate the things in the Advanced Options in Launcher into Internalz.
    Some of it already is. The fileindexer automatically rescans every rename/move/copy action. Garbage collectors run periodically by the system, so I don't see any real need to integrate that button. And the application rescan fumction has that known bug associated with it; and DevMode is always publicly available by several means. So there would be any real need.


    Quote Originally Posted by rlanza1054 View Post
    I would also like added a feature of another patch in Preware, the Emergency Patch Verification. The patch that just checks that all your patches are there correctly.
    I'm not too knowledgeable on the EPV, but isn't that just a script that checks to make sure patches are on AUPT-2 (or newer) format? Wouldn't really have any purpose in Internalz. Besides, Internalz isn't meant to replace Preware, but to compliment it. Preware is great for on-feed apps/patches (and package management), and Internalz is great for off-feed apps/patches.

    Quote Originally Posted by 3rdsurfer View Post
    first I'll say that I love all your work. I keep looking at dev's name for stuff I get and you seem to come up a lot so I thank you for all you do.

    I've used a few file managers and keep trying new ones, but this is by far the best I've come across. I hate to even ask for more ha. At some point it could use stuff like a search function and the ability to hide files from other apps (if that's even possible) but all in all amazing app so for that I think you.
    Search is planned for a future release. And to mask a file from the webos, add a period "." to the front of the name of the file/folder.
    If you've liked my software, please consider to towards future development.

    Developer of many apps such as: WebOS Quick Install, WebOS Theme Builder, Ipk Packager, Unified Diff Creator, Internalz Pro, ComicShelf HD, LED Torch, over 70 patches and more.

    @JayCanuck @CanuckCoding Facebook
  8. thornev's Avatar
    Posts
    326 Posts
    Global Posts
    329 Global Posts
    #168  
    Jason - When I edit a file and save it, the file size goes to zero. When I subsequently open it, the file is blank. The file is /sys/devices/system/cpu/cpu0/cpufreq/override/vdd1_vsel. What am I doing wrong? thorne
  9.    #169  
    Quote Originally Posted by thornev View Post
    Jason - When I edit a file and save it, the file size goes to zero. When I subsequently open it, the file is blank. The file is /sys/devices/system/cpu/cpu0/cpufreq/override/vdd1_vsel. What am I doing wrong? thorne
    I assume ya had Master Mode enabled, eh? It's possible the system overwrote the change somehow.
    If you've liked my software, please consider to towards future development.

    Developer of many apps such as: WebOS Quick Install, WebOS Theme Builder, Ipk Packager, Unified Diff Creator, Internalz Pro, ComicShelf HD, LED Torch, over 70 patches and more.

    @JayCanuck @CanuckCoding Facebook
  10. thornev's Avatar
    Posts
    326 Posts
    Global Posts
    329 Global Posts
    #170  
    Quote Originally Posted by Jason Robitaille View Post
    I assume ya had Master Mode enabled, eh? It's possible the system overwrote the change somehow.
    Yes, Master Mode enabled. Does it matter which line-end option I choose? I tried Windows and Linux and both did the same thing. Maybe another option I have set improperly? thorne
  11. thornev's Avatar
    Posts
    326 Posts
    Global Posts
    329 Global Posts
    #171  
    Never mind. I was trying to adjust CPU voltages, but I found that the Govnah on the testing feed has the version that provides a UI for that. thorne
  12. #172  
    Quote Originally Posted by Jason Robitaille View Post
    Here's a teaser of the upcoming Internalz v1.3. The "Palm Dark" theme
    [/URL]
    will we be able to open .eml? [Hint ]
  13. #173  
    is there a way to search for a specific file? I want to be able to locate a certain app ipkg file and cannot find it anywhere.. I didn't see if search is listed as a function, but just thought I'd ask..

    sj
  14.    #174  
    Quote Originally Posted by sjsharksfan View Post
    is there a way to search for a specific file? I want to be able to locate a certain app ipkg file and cannot find it anywhere.. I didn't see if search is listed as a function, but just thought I'd ask..

    sj
    Neither search nor ipk extraction (not ipk install) are currently supported.

    File search, however, has been announced several times as coming in the future
    If you've liked my software, please consider to towards future development.

    Developer of many apps such as: WebOS Quick Install, WebOS Theme Builder, Ipk Packager, Unified Diff Creator, Internalz Pro, ComicShelf HD, LED Torch, over 70 patches and more.

    @JayCanuck @CanuckCoding Facebook
  15. #175  
    Quote Originally Posted by sjsharksfan View Post
    is there a way to search for a specific file? I want to be able to locate a certain app ipkg file and cannot find it anywhere.. I didn't see if search is listed as a function, but just thought I'd ask..
    Search is planned for a future release, mentioned several times already, and most recently just 6 posts above yours.

    EDIT: You beat me to it Jason.
    Last edited by NachoB; 08/26/2010 at 09:14 PM.
  16. #176  
    Quote Originally Posted by Jason Robitaille View Post
    Neither search nor ipk extraction (not ipk install) are currently supported.

    File search, however, has been announced several times as coming in the future
    yep, I just saw some of the posts that mention the search addition.. thanks for the great work webOS internals!
  17. #177  
    [QUOTE=Jason Robitaille;2628464]Neither search nor ipk extraction (not ipk install) are currently supported.

    if you save the ipkg file to an online storage such as dropbox or zumo drive, this is one option to save ipkg files from the device, correct?

    sj
  18.    #178  
    Quote Originally Posted by sjsharksfan View Post
    Neither search nor ipk extraction (not ipk install) are currently supported.

    if you save the ipkg file to an online storage such as dropbox or zumo drive, this is one option to save ipkg files from the device, correct?

    sj
    you can download ipk files and install them with Internalz. But opening and extracting individual files like an archive is not at all the same.
    Last edited by Jason Robitaille; 08/26/2010 at 11:54 PM.
    If you've liked my software, please consider to towards future development.

    Developer of many apps such as: WebOS Quick Install, WebOS Theme Builder, Ipk Packager, Unified Diff Creator, Internalz Pro, ComicShelf HD, LED Torch, over 70 patches and more.

    @JayCanuck @CanuckCoding Facebook
  19. #179  
    Quote Originally Posted by sjsharksfan View Post
    yep, I just saw some of the posts that mention the search addition.. thanks for the great work webOS internals!
    Internalz is 100% Jason's work, not related to WebOS Internals.

    -- Rod
    WebOS Internals and Preware Founder and Developer
    You may wish to donate by Paypal to donations @ webos-internals.org if you find our work useful.
    All donations go back into development.
    www.webos-internals.org twitter.com/webosinternals facebook.com/webosinternals
  20. #180  
    Quote Originally Posted by Jason Robitaille View Post
    you can download ipk files and install them with Internalz. But opening and extracting individual files like an archive is not at all the same.
    right on, thanks for the reply

    sj
Page 9 of 35 FirstFirst ... 456789101112131419 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions