Page 8 of 35 FirstFirst ... 34567891011121318 ... LastLast
Like Tree24Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by pjjohn73 View Post
    Jason, I have the same problem trying to view many of the images in Dropboxify. Will the next update also fix this as you pointed out.
    It would be good if Internalz allows you to enable and disable the associations on an individual filetype basis from inside the Internalz preferences screen.

-- Rod
    WebOS Internals and Preware Founder and Developer
    You may wish to donate by Paypal to donations @ webos-internals.org if you find our work useful.
    All donations go back into development.
    www.webos-internals.org twitter.com/webosinternals facebook.com/webosinternals
    Quote Originally Posted by rwhitby View Post
    It would be good if Internalz allows you to enable and disable the associations on an individual filetype basis from inside the Internalz preferences screen.

-- Rod
    That would be great! I love Internalz and use it often for file management, but I don't need it for photo viewing and currently it does not seem to work for many of my photos.
    Global Posts
    844 Global Posts
    Can't install internalz, says errorgenericmethodexception, failed post install of script.
  4.    #144  

-- Rod
    Palm's system for handling of default handlers works great and does exactly what you are asking.

The only filetypes it doesn't, is for images, as Palm never set the photos app as a default handler. I kept the image viewer as default handler for images, because many of the beta testers like it. I suppose next release I can remove Internalz from the default handler for images.

Quote Originally Posted by delta7 View Post
    Can't install internalz, says errorgenericmethodexception, failed post install of script.
    As that's not an error I recognize from WOSQI, I assume that's from Preware. I suggest you contact the Preware folks as the ipk itself is fine.
    Last edited by Jason Robitaille; 08/14/2010 at 11:07 AM.
    If you've liked my software, please consider to towards future development.

Developer of many apps such as: WebOS Quick Install, WebOS Theme Builder, Ipk Packager, Unified Diff Creator, Internalz Pro, ComicShelf HD, LED Torch, over 70 patches and more.

@JayCanuck @CanuckCoding Facebook
    I was just listening to the PreCentral podcast and had the same thought as Rod that it would be nice to change the file handler for Internalz.
  6.    #146  
    Quote Originally Posted by milliman View Post
    I was just listening to the PreCentral podcast and had the same thought as Rod that it would be nice to change the file handler for Internalz.
    For everything but images, you already can. Open up the launcher and in the menu, there's the option for Default Apps. Internalz only registers itself as file handler. If other apps are also registered to similar file extensions, the user is able to decide which is preferred.
    If you've liked my software, please consider to towards future development.

Developer of many apps such as: WebOS Quick Install, WebOS Theme Builder, Ipk Packager, Unified Diff Creator, Internalz Pro, ComicShelf HD, LED Torch, over 70 patches and more.

@JayCanuck @CanuckCoding Facebook
    I have had in interesting problem pop up after the 1.4.5 Sprint update. When I open an e-mail sent from Precentral that contains a patch after I download the file click on it InternalZ starts up. Normally you would then see the listing for the patch but now it is always blank and nothing to install.

Is anyone else having this problem. I have uninstalled and reinstalled both Filemanager and InternalZ, rebooted and still no luck.

It may have more to do with the e-mail app as it does not see to have any data with the download, it seem to show 4bytes.
    Commodore Pet, Commodore 64&128, Amiga 4000, PC-7, Ubuntu, Treo 650. Treo 755p,Sprint Palm Pre Plus 2.2.4,2 Sprint Pre2 2.2.4, TouchPad 32gig.
  8. R_E
    Global Posts
    343 Global Posts
    not sure if this has been covered in another post, but is there any plans for adding unzipping support?
    nice app, but stopped opening some files.
    Quote Originally Posted by shonufbumpin08 View Post
    nice app, but stopped opening some files.
    Are you using the latest version? What apps are not opening? The more information you provide the better troubleshooting Jason can do.
    mamouton,

Can you do me a favor? Can you try to uninstall a patch using Internalz? This used to work for me, but I can't get it to work anymore with 1.2 and FileMgr 1.1.2 - on the emulator or my Pre. If it works for you, I suppose I need to go to the doctor.
    French Pre3, UK Pre2, US Veer, German gsm Pre, 680, garmin ique 3600 & still have my working palm pilot 1000 with the 1 Mb adapter

Please remove UberCalendar and google sync behavior patches prior to system updates.
    patch Google calendar sync behavior for 2.x.x and TouchPad (Oauth2 and advanced sync requirements enabled)
    Preference guide for MetaView's UberCalendar patch
  12. ght
    Global Posts
    886 Global Posts
    I also could not uninstall patch with Internalz. Even after reboting (luna and full), the patch was still functioning. It did not show as installed, in Internalz or Preware, but it was still functioning. Trying reinstall failed. Finally got Internalz to reinstall the patch successfully and then removed with Preware.

Internalz 1.2
    Filemgr 1.1.2 (installed patch with Filemgr that was released with Internalz 1.2, I think it was 1.1.0)
    Patch in question: Add IMDb, Bing, Yahoo, Dictionary, and Thesaurus v1.4.1.1-1, bpdamas
    Quote Originally Posted by GHT View Post
    Trying reinstall failed. Finally got Internalz to reinstall the patch successfully and then removed with Preware.
    Can you remove these patches now with Internalz? Mine show up fine, but I can only remove with Preware or using FileMgr 1.1.0 with Internalz. I can install with Internalz. Unfortunately, I've been doing patch modding, creating -- only on the calendar app though. So it could very well be my systems.
    French Pre3, UK Pre2, US Veer, German gsm Pre, 680, garmin ique 3600 & still have my working palm pilot 1000 with the 1 Mb adapter

Please remove UberCalendar and google sync behavior patches prior to system updates.
    patch Google calendar sync behavior for 2.x.x and TouchPad (Oauth2 and advanced sync requirements enabled)
    Quote Originally Posted by Jason Robitaille View Post
    The only filetypes it doesn't, is for images, as Palm never set the photos app as a default handler. I kept the image viewer as default handler for images, because many of the beta testers like it. I suppose next release I can remove Internalz from the default handler for images.
    NO KEEP IT OPTIONAL. I love Internalz as my photo viewer!
    We always prefer that people donate in response to tangible items they can use today, rather than for intangible promises about the future that may or may not be possible to achieve.
    Quote Originally Posted by frantid View Post
    mamouton,

Can you do me a favor? Can you try to uninstall a patch using Internalz? This used to work for me, but I can't get it to work anymore with 1.2 and FileMgr 1.1.2 - on the emulator or my Pre. If it works for you, I suppose I need to go to the doctor.
    I couldn't uninstall a patch I tried one I created and installed with webosqi. Never noticed that because once I put a patch on it usually stays, but I do remember being able to uninstall. Jason will probably chime in here later.
    Quote Originally Posted by mamouton View Post
    I couldn't uninstall a patch I tried one I created and installed with webosqi. Never noticed that because once I put a patch on it usually stays, but I do remember being able to uninstall. Jason will probably chime in here later.
    Thanks for testing. I'm glad I don't have to go to the doctor.

.patches from email attachments not working. Don't know if it's internalz or precentral... I know others have experienced this. I got it with the multimod fix mamouton posted and the inverted keyboard brightness. The attachment d/l's as just 4 bytes & internalz opens an empty text file. Just curious if I'm doing something wrong or if it's just a 1.4.5 compatibility thing...
    Last edited by joedisaster; 08/15/2010 at 07:24 PM.
    Hi all,

I installed a few patches using Internalz, and once it's installed there is an option (button) asking if you want to UNINSTALL it.

So to uninstall a patch you installed, just go to the patch that you installed (my patch was placed in my 'download' directory) and open it, just like you did when you installed it and then there should be a button asking if you want to 'uninstall' it.

Hope this answers the question from a user posted a few messages back.

Rob
    Robert L
    Astoria Queens, N.Y.C
    - Palm Pre (Sprint) - formally Palm Treo 650
    Version 1.4.1.1
    Sprint Configuration 2.3
    Model: P100EWW
    Hardware Version: A
    Firmware: CC1.4(510)

Just downloaded Internalz for the first time without trouble (updated OS to 1.4.5 a few days ago on Sprint). I'm no expert like most around there, so I haven't figured out what I'll use it for yet, but it's nice to have available; I remember with my Treos, tech support had me go into the directory to change things or whatever and I deleted files from there, too.

Anyway, thanks again, Jason, for helping make the Pre still fresh after 1 year and helping me be patient for the next WebOS phone--I really don't have any desire to change platforms because Homebrew makes the Pre do just about everything I want.

(Now, if someone could just come up with a patch for quick copy and pasting of Calendar events like on the Treos..... )
    & I have done nothing with it. But it is so reassuring to see the folders & tree. When I need to get "under the hood" Iknow which app to touch.
Page 8 of 35 FirstFirst ... 34567891011121318 ... LastLast