Page 7 of 35 FirstFirst ... 2345678910111217 ... LastLast
Like Tree24Likes
    Donation sent...

It's so great to have such a good file manager on the device. Between the newest updates, SFTP via WiFi and the Touchstone I haven't had to plug in a USB cord in a while.
    Follow me on teh Twitterz
    Internalz saved me today. I decided to change how my top bar looked today but ended up with a stuck patch. Neither Preware or WebosQI listed it as installed, yet i could physically see it (am/pm). I tried all the methods i knew to get rid of it, even using v2.96 which always works for me, but to no avail. I started thinking outside the box and thought, what about Internalz. I sent the patch over to my phone, opened it with Internalz and installed, luna reboot. Then i opened Preware and it was finally listed. Uninstalled and rebooted and the patch was finally gone! Thanks Jason for adding yet another awesome feature to Internalz.
    Global Posts
    1,047 Global Posts
    Great work Jason.

Any plans for file name search?
    Tom
    Pilot Prō --> M100 --> Trēō 600 --> Trēō 700p -- > Prē
    Quote Originally Posted by gmoj1 View Post
    I keep getting this error ever since i updated "Improperly formatted request." Jason what should i do?
    I have the same w/out the other error messages posted here. Could this also be why PrPrPr&#$275$;$Ware$ $won$'$t$ $install$ $anything$? ($I$ $can$'$t$ $get$ $Lsdiff$ $on$ $my$ $Pr$&#$275$; $no$ $matter$ $what$ )
    Last edited by copasetic; 08/10/2010 at 11:08 PM. Reason: clarity
    Quote Originally Posted by copasetic View Post
    I have the same w/out the other error messages posted here. Could this also be why PrPrPr&#$275$;$Ware$ $won$'$t$ $install$ $anything$? ($I$ $can$'$t$ $get$ $Lsdiff$ $on$ $my$ $Pr$&#$275$; $no$ $matter$ $what$ )
    That error message is completely unrelated to Preware. Make sure you have Preware installed properly as per http://install.preware.org/ and report any problems in the Preware thread after you have done that.

-- Rod
    WebOS Internals and Preware Founder and Developer
    You may wish to donate by Paypal to donations @ webos-internals.org if you find our work useful.
    All donations go back into development.
    www.webos-internals.org twitter.com/webosinternals facebook.com/webosinternals
    Thanks for all the updates ... using Internalz quite a bit these days so I've sent another donation.

Just a minor request ... any chance of adding a slightly larger font choice for the Text Editor? I really like the feature, but my eyes could use a little help .
    Quote Originally Posted by rwhitby View Post
    That error message is completely unrelated to Preware. Make sure you have Preware installed properly as per and report any problems in the Preware thread after you have done that.

-- Rod
    Right. But this was an internalz error/thread I thought...
    Nonetheless...deleted both PW and Iz...
    Reinstalled both with no apparent issues, operation of PW has no change . When I find the PreWare thread (tomorrow) I will take this there . As for Internalz, same error persists. Thank you regardless . Btw my PrPrPr&#$275$; $is$ $currently$ ($still$) $patch$ $free$. $For$ $that$ $I$ $await$ $1$.$4$.$5$
    Last edited by copasetic; 08/11/2010 at 11:41 PM. Reason: stupid VeriZon Prē Keyboard bug.
    Does anyone know if Internalz keeps a log file anywhere? I get failure trying to uninstall a patch using Internalz.

the symptom is I install a patch with Internalz, restart luna. Then attempt to uninstall. It says success, but after luna restart the patch is still installed. I can uninstall via Preware. I've tried restarting pre, other patches, uninstall Internalz - reinstall Internalz. Still same problem. This used to work before the last update to fileMgr service.
    Global Posts
    418 Global Posts
    Great app, many thanks.

Is there a way to keep Internalz from becoming the default app for certain file types?

If I'm in Digloo and click a link that goes to an image, it opens in Internalz instead of the browser. Not really an issue unless I want to know what the url is or share it.
    Quote Originally Posted by davis.rob View Post
    Thanks for all the updates ... using Internalz quite a bit these days so I've sent another donation.

Just a minor request ... any chance of adding a slightly larger font choice for the Text Editor? I really like the feature, but my eyes could use a little help .
    Just realized ... to answer my own question ... that it's simple enough to modify this in the stylesheet file internalz.css. The textEditor font is set to 14px, but can easily be changed to a larger size ... using the text editor itself . I believe it needs a Luna restart to take effect.
    When I try to install File mgr service I get the following failure log. What to do?
    PrePlus 1.4.1.1
    I'd appreciate your comments. I am not a root type.
    Sam AUstin

failed
    -1: Unable to run command: /usr/bin/curl --create-dirs --insecure --location --fail --show-error --output /media/internal/.developer/ca.canucksoftware.filemgr_1.0.0_all.ipk http://ipkg.preware.org/feeds/precen..._1.0.0_all.ipk 2>&1
    % Total % Received % Xferd Average Speed Time Time Time Current
    Dload Upload Total Spent Left Speed
    0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 --:--:-- --:--:-- --:--:-- 0
    161 161 161 161 0 0 189 0 --:--:-- --:--:-- --:--:-- 1463
    0 161 0 0 0 0 0 0 --:--:-- 0:00:01 --:--:-- 0
    curl: (22) The requested URL returned error: 404
    Jason,

Thanks for the great apps. I finally put my donation in. It's the least I can do for all the time I use Internalz and WebOS QI.
  13. ght
    Global Posts
    886 Global Posts
    Maybe a silly question, but can installed patches be modified with Internalz? I see the patch file in media/cryptofs/apps/usr/palm/applications, and it appears I can edit and save the file, but not sure if that would work.
    Quote Originally Posted by GHT View Post
    Maybe a silly question, but can installed patches be modified with Internalz? I see the patch file in media/cryptofs/apps/usr/palm/applications, and it appears I can edit and save the file, but not sure if that would work.
    If you modify a patch manually, what are you going to do when it comes to the next OTA update from Palm?

I forsee many problems down the road if people start using the power of Internalz to do stuff like this ...

-- Rod
    WebOS Internals and Preware Founder and Developer
    You may wish to donate by Paypal to donations @ webos-internals.org if you find our work useful.
    All donations go back into development.
    www.webos-internals.org twitter.com/webosinternals facebook.com/webosinternals
  15. ght
    Global Posts
    886 Global Posts
    It didn't seem to work, anyway. And AUPT was indeed on my mind when I attempted this. Looks like the only safe bet is to remove, modify, reinstall.
  16.    #136  
    Long post incoming, but I respond to a lot of questions/issues, so it's worth the read.

Quote Originally Posted by TomD View Post
    Great work Jason.

Any plans for file name search?
    Yep, search is a planned feature

Quote Originally Posted by copasetic View Post
    The error you mention would indicate you're using either an outdated Internalz or outdated FileMgr; the two are communicating back and forth properly. However the Preware issue you mention if unrelated to Internalz/FileMgr.

I'm working on a new format of text editor; huge changes behind-the-scenes, but should look about the same on the outside. The end result will be a much more responsive typing speed and better scrolling during typing (for when word-wrap's disabled). As a side effect, it'll open up the future possibility for user-customizable font setting in the future. So I'll look into setting that up for a future release.

Quote Originally Posted by frantid View Post
    Does anyone know if Internalz keeps a log file anywhere? I get failure trying to uninstall a patch using Internalz.

the symptom is I install a patch with Internalz, restart luna. Then attempt to uninstall. It says success, but after luna restart the patch is still installed. I can uninstall via Preware. I've tried restarting pre, other patches, uninstall Internalz - reinstall Internalz. Still same problem. This used to work before the last update to fileMgr service.
    Odd, I'll look into it. Though, as for log, .patch installation

Quote Originally Posted by jp22382 View Post
    Great app, many thanks.

Is there a way to keep Internalz from becoming the default app for certain file types?

If I'm in Digloo and click a link that goes to an image, it opens in Internalz instead of the browser. Not really an issue unless I want to know what the url is or share it.
    Well, Palm's Default Apps screen manages that fine, but unfortunately, image filetypes are not registered to the Photos app in the first place. Though I can definitely improve the image viewer for ya if you'd like. Copy URL to Clipboard and Share options (email, mms) I can add to the menu

Just realized ... to answer my own question ... that it's simple enough to modify this in the stylesheet file internalz.css. The textEditor font is set to 14px, but can easily be changed to a larger size ... using the text editor itself . I believe it needs a Luna restart to take effect.
    That'd work, though be careful if you have word-wrap disabled, as an altered font size will probably cause scroller issues.

Quote Originally Posted by smaustin33 View Post
    When I try to install File mgr service I get the following failure log. What to do?
    PrePlus 1.4.1.1
    I'd appreciate your comments. I am not a root type.
    Sam AUstin

failed
    -1: Unable to run command: /usr/bin/curl --create-dirs --insecure --location --fail --show-error --output /media/internal/.developer/ca.canucksoftware.filemgr_1.0.0_all.ipk http://ipkg.preware.org/feeds/precen..._1.0.0_all.ipk 2>&1
    % Total % Received % Xferd Average Speed Time Time Time Current
    Dload Upload Total Spent Left Speed
    0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 --:--:-- --:--:-- --:--:-- 0
    161 161 161 161 0 0 189 0 --:--:-- --:--:-- --:--:-- 1463
    0 161 0 0 0 0 0 0 --:--:-- 0:00:01 --:--:-- 0
    curl: (22) The requested URL returned error: 404
    Sounds like there's really 2 problems. First, Preware is trying to install an outdated version of FileMgr, and secondly, you're getting a 404 error. May want to post in the Preware thread.

Quote Originally Posted by GHT View Post
    You can change the .patch file, but it won't alter what's already been applied and can potentially cause other issues. Safe bet, if you want to customize patches, is to uninstall the patch, grab the .patch file, edit it, then install the edited .patch files via Internalz or WOSQI.
    If you've liked my software, please consider to towards future development.

Developer of many apps such as: WebOS Quick Install, WebOS Theme Builder, Ipk Packager, Unified Diff Creator, Internalz Pro, ComicShelf HD, LED Torch, over 70 patches and more.

@JayCanuck @CanuckCoding Facebook
    Global Posts
    418 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Jason Robitaille View Post
    Well, Palm's Default Apps screen manages that fine, but unfortunately, image filetypes are not registered to the Photos app in the first place. Though I can definitely improve the image viewer for ya if you'd like. Copy URL to Clipboard and Share options (email, mms) I can add to the menu
    That would be perfect! The viewer itself is nice, just need to be able to get info about the image sometimes.

Thanks!
    Is there a way to rename per say, folders in my pics app?

Any responses appreciated
    yes, you can rename the folder. just press the tittle and leave until a little box pops and press on info, click on the name and it will let u change the name. make sure u press out of the area where u are typing so it saves it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Rafy0003 View Post
    I'm still having a problem when viewing a picture on the Newsroom app, It opens up the Internalz app, but it doesn't show the picture, I just get a big gray "X" and when I try to download the image, it downloads the same gray "X". It used to just open the picture on the RSS site that I was hosting it. When I also try to unistall Internalz the Newsroom app does not even open the picture on the web anymore when I touch it.
    Jason, I have the same problem trying to view many of the images in Dropboxify. Is this do to the same issue ("fileindexer not rescanning") as you pointed out about Newsroom?
    Last edited by pjjohn73; 08/14/2010 at 01:21 AM.
Page 7 of 35 FirstFirst ... 2345678910111217 ... LastLast