Page 6 of 35 FirstFirst 123456789101116 ... LastLast
Like Tree24Likes
    ok now i see it! thanks
    Please hit the thanks button if I helped you

If you've enjoyed my patches please feel free to donate towards further development.

Follow the link below.

@Jason
    Should I bother checking your Dropbox for an update
    Last edited by NachoB; 08/03/2010 at 05:58 AM.
    If you found my post useful then please sign up for a Dropbox Account, I could use the extra 250mb of storage.

HOW TO: Zip/Unzip via Pre/Pixi using Terminal
    HOW TO: Modify DTMF audio (webOS 1.4.5 or earlier)
    Palm Pre wallpapers
    @Jason I notice when installing ipk that if they have the same name you get the launch uninstall regardless of the version number. Is there a way to add a check that looks at both name and version number and if the version number is different let it be only an install option? I successfully installed a 3d game ipk with internalz last night it was very quick. Zumodrive kept showing it as still be downloaded but Internalz saw the file and installed it.
    Jason!!!!! I've just installed an ipk with Internalz and found that you still use the Luna Rescan function. This function has a bug as you may recall, it closes the messaging, phone, email and calendar apps, and makes the unlock screen act funny.

Could you please use the same function preware uses to rescan apps so there are no spontaneous reboots after installing apps?

Thanks!

Edit: I just read that you've already found out, sorry
    Great app....happy to donate once again.....
    "The union forces me to allow you to go to lunch in spite of the way you've played. Those of you with consciences will not be able to eat. And those of you whose consciences match your talents... go stuff yourselves. I hope you choke".....Maestro, The Money Pit
    just came across an awesome feature, not sure if it was intentional by Jason or not, but when you email yourself a patch to install, internalz shows you the code, before hitting the install button you can edit the code to make minor changes like font color etc., being able to make minor customizations to patches before installing opens many new doors......great work Jason
    "The union forces me to allow you to go to lunch in spite of the way you've played. Those of you with consciences will not be able to eat. And those of you whose consciences match your talents... go stuff yourselves. I hope you choke".....Maestro, The Money Pit
    Quote Originally Posted by mrjcarter View Post
    Jason,

I attempted to install the first ipk in the OP here:

http://forums.precentral.net/web-os-...print-pre.html

I'm not sure if it downloaded at all b/c I don't see it in /media/internal/downloads
    hey, did this every get figured out? With multimod, I can "stream" the .ipk files in that post instead of download, & that opens internalz w/a loading circle, but nothing else'll happen
    Jason - any chance you can build your "send to photo effects" patches into Internalz?
    I am the creator of the PalmSpot entry “webOS Does, and Does, and Does Some More”, writes Save/Restore scripts and helps manage the script feed, and now writes webOS Nation's Tip of the Day

Got a good tip for webOS Nation's Tip of the Day? Please send me a PM or use the Contact Us form and select "Suggest a tip"

Like any of my work:
    Quote Originally Posted by patricksmangan View Post
    hey, did this every get figured out? With multimod, I can "stream" the .ipk files in that post instead of download, & that opens internalz w/a loading circle, but nothing else'll happen
    Yes, choose the email option and install through tapping on the attachment.
    I'm still having a problem when viewing a picture on the Newsroom app, It opens up the Internalz app, but it doesn't show the picture, I just get a big gray "X" and when I try to download the image, it downloads the same gray "X". It used to just open the picture on the RSS site that I was hosting it. When I also try to unistall Internalz the Newsroom app does not even open the picture on the web anymore when I touch it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Rafy0003 View Post
    I'm still having a problem when viewing a picture on the Newsroom app, It opens up the Internalz app, but it doesn't show the picture, I just get a big gray "X" and when I try to download the image, it downloads the same gray "X". It used to just open the picture on the RSS site that I was hosting it. When I also try to unistall Internalz the Newsroom app does not even open the picture on the web anymore when I touch it.
    I too have notice the same problem.
    i used internals to move some pictures, 1 by one, from the screencapture folder to a folder i created in internals. Now,for some reason, the photo app still shows those photos in the screencapture folder, but when I open the folder, i see 'X's in place of the pictures. neither The folder (nor anything in it) show up at all in the photo app. And my camera and video camera no longer work. Perhaps i inadvertently changed something major. Is there anyway to revert back without doctoring?
    Last edited by Mhunterjr; 08/03/2010 at 09:15 PM.
    I wasn't able to donate what it's worth, but hopefully my contribution will help the developers.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mhunterjr View Post
    i used internals to move some pictures 1 by one from the screencapture folder to a folder i created in internals. Now,for some reason, the photo app still shows those photos in the screencapture folder, but when I open the folder i see 'X's in place of the pictures. The folder (nor anything in it) i showd up at all in the photo app. And my camera and video camera no longer work. Perhaps i inadvertently changed something major. Is there anyway to revert back without doctoring?
    Try a battery pull, or webos utility repair.

Best of luck.
    Quote Originally Posted by NachoB View Post
    Yes, choose the email option and install through tapping on the attachment.
    I didn't see the option to send as an attachment. It's there for those patches I was having trouble with, but for these, I can only "share link," and when I get it as an email, it doesn't do anything. Well I can't send it as an attachment from my phone anyway
    jason--you continue to amaze us. great app with the new features.
    One of these new features is the ability to "edit" some files (by opening it and typing away). So I did it to the app.json file of some apps that I dont want to see on my launcher.
    But when I tried to add the visible: false to stock apps like Update and Backup, I was not able to edit the file. I was able to open it, but tapping on it did not yield a cursor. Is that by design or is something else happening?
    I imagine that perhaps the editing feature does not work for files in the usr/palm/apps directory unless you root.

Sprint Pre-
    UK Screenstate 500/1ghz
    Mode Switcher--RULES !!!
    Advanced preferences by Sconix
    Lots of patches
    Quote Originally Posted by patricksmangan View Post
    I didn't see the option to send as an attachment. It's there for those patches I was having trouble with, but for these, I can only "share link," and when I get it as an email, it doesn't do anything. Well I can't send it as an attachment from my phone anyway
    Oh, I see what you're saying now that I've viewed the referenced link. What I would do (and you have to have Multi Mod patch installed) is Gesture+Tap the link to the ipk, select Copy URL, then in Preware, using the Install Package feature, paste the URL and then choose Install.
    Quote Originally Posted by NABRIL15 View Post
    jason--you continue to amaze us. great app with the new features.
    One of these new features is the ability to "edit" some files (by opening it and typing away). So I did it to the app.json file of some apps that I dont want to see on my launcher.
    But when I tried to add the visible: false to stock apps like Update and Backup, I was not able to edit the file. I was able to open it, but tapping on it did not yield a cursor. Is that by design or is something else happening?
    I imagine that perhaps the editing feature does not work for files in the usr/palm/apps directory unless you root.
    Sounds like you don't have Master Mode enabled in Preferences.
  19.    #120  
    Quote Originally Posted by mamouton View Post
    @Jason I notice when installing ipk that if they have the same name you get the launch uninstall regardless of the version number.
    Yea, I wasn't really considering pre-existing releases and I figured you could always uninstall, then reinstall. Hmm, maybe adding a 3rd button (when the package is found to be installed already) for "Update" would work well. Though it'd be more of a "reinstall' button, as you'd just be installing over top of existing, version # would necessarily mean it'd be an update. Though I like how an "Update" button would look, so I'll probably go with that label, lol.

Quote Originally Posted by NuttyBunny View Post
    Jason!!!!! I've just installed an ipk with Internalz and found that you still use the Luna Rescan function.
    Just a heads-up, FileMgr v1.1.1 has now been release. It fixes that issue, as well as a variety of other improvements/features. See here for more details.

Quote Originally Posted by vbockius View Post
    just came across an awesome feature, not sure if it was intentional by Jason or not, but when you email yourself a patch to install, internalz shows you the code, before hitting the install button you can edit the code to make minor changes like font color etc., being able to make minor customizations to patches before installing opens many new doors......great work Jason
    Yep, that was intentional. As many people know, I like to code patches and apps that I, myself, will use, and boy do I love editing patches Good to see people like yourself noticing the small details

Quote Originally Posted by Rafy0003 View Post
    That's an issue with the fileindexer not rescanning. I've hopefully fixed the issue with the latest v1.1.1 release of FileMgr

Quote Originally Posted by shopharim View Post
    I wasn't able to donate what it's worth, but hopefully my contribution will help the developers.
    Every little bit helps and is appreciated. To those who haven't donated (the vast majority, unfortunately), I suggest you read the 1st post.

Quote Originally Posted by gizmo21 View Post
    a way to open .eml files:
    http://www.precentral.net/save-non-s...ebrew-required

anybody a nice gui-frontend for "find"?
    Might be a bit difficult, as aren't eml files plain text, html files, or binary, depending on the content?

As for a gui for "find", that is planned for integration in Internalz And hopefully a patch on the Universal Search screen as well.
    If you've liked my software, please consider to towards future development.

Developer of many apps such as: WebOS Quick Install, WebOS Theme Builder, Ipk Packager, Unified Diff Creator, Internalz Pro, ComicShelf HD, LED Torch, over 70 patches and more.

@JayCanuck @CanuckCoding Facebook