Page 4 of 35 FirstFirst 12345678914 ... LastLast
Like Tree24Likes
    I can't install it.
    mount: mounting /dev/mapper/store-root on / failed: Device or resource

I googled it,and reboot my pre plus,still can't intall Internalz v1.2.0
  2. R_E
    Global Posts
    343 Global Posts
    Quick comment. When viewing images attached to emails, i used to have an option to copy to photos so that i could access the file through the photos app and generally access it in internalz, Now i realize the file is saved somewhere on the phone, but i have no idea where. can you add a save as to the image viewer?
  3.    #63  
    Quote Originally Posted by R_E View Post
    Quick comment. When viewing images attached to emails, i used to have an option to copy to photos so that i could access the file through the photos app and generally access it in internalz, Now i realize the file is saved somewhere on the phone, but i have no idea where. can you add a save as to the image viewer?
    In the image viewer, if the image is being streamed, then in the menu, there will be the option to save the image. It will save the image to /media/internal/downloads/, like file downloads from the browser does Once downloaded, it will appear in the Photos app, ready to view in there if you want.
    If you've liked my software, please consider to towards future development.

Developer of many apps such as: WebOS Quick Install, WebOS Theme Builder, Ipk Packager, Unified Diff Creator, Internalz Pro, ComicShelf HD, LED Torch, over 70 patches and more.

@JayCanuck @CanuckCoding Facebook
  4. R_E
    Global Posts
    343 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Jason Robitaille View Post
    In the image viewer, if the image is being streamed, then in the menu, there will be the option to save the image. It will save the image to /media/internal/downloads/, like file downloads from the browser does Once downloaded, it will appear in the Photos app, ready to view in there if you want.
    Yes, but if the image is downloaded on the phone already, like an image which is attached as a file to an email, there is no such option. I have no way to get to that file because it is in some hidden folder deep within the phones folder structure.
  5.    #65  
    Quote Originally Posted by R_E View Post
    Yes, but if the image is downloaded on the phone already, like an image which is attached as a file to an email, there is no such option. I have no way to get to that file because it is in some hidden folder deep within the phones folder structure.
    hmm, hadn't thought of that use-case. Would a "Copy to /media/internal/" option suffice?

Developer of many apps such as: WebOS Quick Install, WebOS Theme Builder, Ipk Packager, Unified Diff Creator, Internalz Pro, ComicShelf HD, LED Torch, over 70 patches and more.

6. R_E
    Global Posts
    343 Global Posts
    hmm, hadn't thought of that use-case. Would a "Copy to /media/internal/" option suffice?
    That would be perfect. Basically the same as it was before.
    Some have asked if it's possible to save images streamed to the image viewer. Yes you can. When streaming an image, you can tap the menu and there'll be an option to download it
    Quote Originally Posted by NachoB View Post
    When I open an image in my Dropbox using Dropboxify, it opens with Internalz, but the only option in the App Menu is "Close Image".
    You can disregard the above, DoGood updated Dropboxify (v1.0.14) with a Save to internal memory option.

Of course, if you make the below happen then we'll have the best of both worlds

If you found my post useful then please sign up for a Dropbox Account, I could use the extra 250mb of storage.

HOW TO: Zip/Unzip via Pre/Pixi using Terminal
    HOW TO: Modify DTMF audio (webOS 1.4.5 or earlier)
    Palm Pre wallpapers
    Hi all,

I just upgraded to this newer version and will be making another donation to Jason's work.

I have not read everything in the new thread yet. I'm out on the street (NYC).

But I was looking for how we are able to do installs with this new version.

I thought it was going to be an option in the menu?

Thanks!

Rob

I'm off to view the video tour!

Update: I figured it out, the video tour was helpful. I guess I was looking for something separate and a list of downloadable files, I've been using Preware for a long time. LOL! But this is great!
    Last edited by rlanza1054; 07/28/2010 at 04:32 PM.
    I too would vote for this option to be added. I am addicted to internalz (WhyTF did palm not allow access to the file system?) but I need to be able to save attached images to an app accessible location. BTW, even before this feature is added I'm going to bribe you, Jason, and make a contribution for the app.

Thanks, for all the webOS-ing you've done. I'd say 90% of the patches and useful apps on my Pre were done by you.
    A link was sent to my phone. The link open in internalz, the pic was visible... My question is how do you get that pic to your photo album, or set as a wallpaper on your phone.

I tried moving the download pic to my wallpaper album in internalz. When I go to my
    photo album, then wallpaper nothing showed up.

Can this process be done through internalz, or I have to use my computer.
    Jason,

When i go to /media/cryptofs/apps/usr/palm/applications/xxxxxxxxxxxx to remove a .patch or app internalz only gives the option to install. Even though the patch is already installed i have to hit install which shouldnt work but does (the pop up says patch installed do a luna restart) i then hit later then I get the uninstall button.

This seems to be only on patches installed via other than internalz. Is this a glitch?
    Please hit the thanks button if I helped you

If you've enjoyed my patches please feel free to donate towards further development.

Follow the link below.

First, I love the internalz app. Use it daily. Thanks for creating it!! One thing I have noticed is that with Dropboxify if I view an image (not download it), but just "open" it, it opens in interalz and many (not all) of the images will say "Error" "Invalid File". But if I save them to the Pre the Palm Image Viewer opens them fine. Not sure if internalz has a size limit or something? Also it their a way that we can choose NOT to use internaz as a default photo viewer?

Thanks.
    Quote Originally Posted by rush View Post
    A link was sent to my phone. The link open in internalz, the pic was visible... My question is how do you get that pic to your photo album, or set as a wallpaper on your phone.

I tried moving the download pic to my wallpaper album in internalz. When I go to my
    photo album, then wallpaper nothing showed up.

Can this process be done through internalz, or I have to use my computer.
    The photos app only recognizes .jpg or .png. are you trying to view a different format? .gif? if its a different format you will have to view it in internalz.

If you've enjoyed my patches please feel free to donate towards further development.

Follow the link below.

This is great Jason, thanks for your hard work!

I installed an ipk that I emailed to myself yesterday, and there was no confirmation before installing. Is there an option for confirmation? That would be a very good thing.
  15.    #75  
    Quote Originally Posted by 2sslow View Post
    When i go to /media/cryptofs/apps/usr/palm/applications/xxxxxxxxxxxx to remove a .patch or app internalz only gives the option to install. Even though the patch is already installed i have to hit install which shouldnt work but does (the pop up says patch installed do a luna restart) i then hit later then I get the uninstall button.

This seems to be only on patches installed via other than internalz. Is this a glitch?
    More or less, that's a limitation. It's impossible to determine a package ID of patches not installed in Internalz/WOSQI. It is, however, possible for patches installed from Internalz/WOSQI to determine package ID, as that format is regulated by me in the format of "ca.canucksoftware.patches.<patchname>".

Quote Originally Posted by Grabber5.0 View Post
    I installed an ipk that I emailed to myself yesterday, and there was no confirmation before installing. Is there an option for confirmation? That would be a very good thing.
    I considered the info screen as a kind of pseudo confirmation screen. It shows information on the package, rather than just the filepath, and lets users see critical information about the ipk so they know what they're installing. There's also a confirmation screen after installation to tell ya if it succeeded or failed.

More or less, that's a limitation. It's impossible to determine a package ID of patches not installed in Internalz/WOSQI. It is, however, possible for patches installed from Internalz/WOSQI to determine package ID, as that format is regulated by me in the format of "ca.canucksoftware.patches.<patchname>".
    All patches in the webos-patches feed in Preware have the form "org.webosinternals.patches.<patchname>" and have done so since patches were first distributed in feeds many months ago. I know you know that because you have many patches in that feed.

EDIT: It turns out that there was a miscommunication about a couple of issues caused by code in WOSQI being continued in Internalz, causing an unintended incompatibility. See Jason's message later for details.

-- Rod
    Last edited by rwhitby; 08/02/2010 at 03:19 AM.
    WebOS Internals and Preware Founder and Developer
    You may wish to donate by Paypal to donations @ webos-internals.org if you find our work useful.
    All donations go back into development.
    www.webos-internals.org twitter.com/webosinternals facebook.com/webosinternals
    I considered the info screen as a kind of pseudo confirmation screen. It shows information on the package, rather than just the filepath, and lets users see critical information about the ipk so they know what they're installing. There's also a confirmation screen after installation to tell ya if it succeeded or failed.
    I realize it's not as much of an issue if you have emailed the file to yourself, but I expected to see a confirmation screen when I opened the attachment. Something to consider I guess.
    Jason on a side note! Id love to have a popup asking if i wanted to open file or download as I wasnt able to download the uploadd file (since theres no handler for this file type) and install using Internalz. I had to ssh in using WinScp.We definitely need a way to force download whether or not the Pre understands the file or not. i sometimes am sent files I can only access on my laptop but would like to have saved on my pre.

Any chance your working on a way to ssh in using WOSQI?

One last observation it would be helpful to have an option to lunarestart in internalz. (meaning if im doing things like adding patches and moving files around to be able to do it at my leisure instesd on closing and going to lunamgr app)

Wow that sounded Lazy, huh! but isnt that what WebOs is about; less motions to get a particular thing done?

Follow the link below.

Luna restart is already there when you get done with the one patch oe multiple patches click on the drop down menu and you see Luna Restart. Internalz in conjunction with Zumodrive or Droboxify equals a total wireless solution.
    Quote Originally Posted by rwhitby View Post
    All patches in the webos-patches feed in Preware have the form "org.webosinternals.patches.<patchname>" and have done so since patches were first distributed in feeds many months ago. I know you know that because you have many patches in that feed.

I'm surprised that you have opted not to be interoperable here. I truly hope that we're not seeing the start of an intentional divergence in the homebrew ecosystem ...

-- Rod
    You know this message should have been a private message to Jason, there have been enough issues on Precentral with people starting stuff. So why did you post that in the open, it should have been a private question between you and Jason. Not something Jason has to answer publicly.

Maybe he want to start selling is software now in the Palm App Catalog.

Rob
    Robert L
    Astoria Queens, N.Y.C
    - Palm Pre (Sprint) - formally Palm Treo 650
    Version 1.4.1.1
    Sprint Configuration 2.3
    Model: P100EWW
    Hardware Version: A
    Firmware: CC1.4(510)

Page 4 of 35 FirstFirst 12345678914 ... LastLast