Page 34 of 35 FirstFirst ... 2429303132333435 LastLast
Like Tree24Likes
    hes a busy lad, in several places, prolly just max'd out, totally understandable tbh.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sanjay View Post
    In no way did I intend to imply that Jason was under any obligation to address this issue at all, let alone any time soon. I was simply expressing my surprise about the fact that Jason had not even acknowledged the issue. Which based on the past, is totally unlike Jason.
    I get your point. My point is that no one should be surprised at anything b/c we are all human w/ human limitations. I cant speak for Jason, of course, but these posts have the effect of applying pressure to act. In my experience, they came at times when you just dont want to deal w/ them (in bed sick, burned out and unmotivated, taking a break from cyberspace, vacation, etc.).

My post was not directed at you in particular, but the forum in general. Im just saying that Super J is actually human.
    Quote Originally Posted by p41m3r View Post
    I get your point. My point is that no one should be surprised at anything b/c we are all human w/ human limitations. I cant speak for Jason, of course, but these posts have the effect of applying pressure to act. In my experience, they came at times when you just dont want to deal w/ them (in bed sick, burned out and unmotivated, taking a break from cyberspace, vacation, etc.).

My post was not directed at you in particular, but the forum in general. Im just saying that Super J is actually human.
    he has, all-in-all, made quite a significant contribution to the webOS experience, IMHO, for which I, for one, am grateful. He has not nagged me for money either. His stuff works. Inasmuch as I found this difficulty, I read all the listings and found the work-around and have internalzpro and touchvol working fine by downloading their required services directly from the wiki page and installing manually via webOSqi ...I don't see what the problem is here... I hope he's in Tahiti on the beach with a cool companion getting hammered on mai-tais !!
    maybe he was a fictitious character like the fonz and he got "ported" over to the evil empire (read=android) ??
    Last I heard, Jason was very busy with school. That's probably why he hasn't had a lot of time to spend on the forums.
    Quote Originally Posted by govotsos View Post
    Last I heard, Jason was very busy with school. That's probably why he hasn't had a lot of time to spend on the forums.
    what does he want to be IF he grows up ?? ...lol
    Global Posts
    106 Global Posts
    I have done a lot of searching and cannot find a solution to opening a htm file in the browser. Internalz pro opens an htm file in txt format. Can it open the file in the browser like a txt file is opened with Quickoffice? I know I can email the file and then it will open in the browser, but my problem is this file is linked to many other htm files (all of then show up in internalz pro) and therefore the link is broken by sending it via email. I would like the main file to open in the browser and have all the links on that page work. The total of all the htm files is 48 mb. Thanks.
    Redirecting HTML and MHT to the browser would be cool. A bit of CHM handling wont hurt either (but that may be asking much).

For now you can install Lighty web server and browse files in the local www dir.
    I'm wondering if any one else is having this problem.

When I open Internalz Pro, and browse the folder downloads, under /media/internal directory. I am able to see a files that i stored in this directory. The problem is that when I scroll down the list of files, I am not able to see everything in that particular directory. The only way I can see the remainder of the files is when I swipe my finger upward and hold it my finger in that one position. With my finger held I am able to see the remainder of the files. However, I cannot select and open the files since holding one finger to keep the files in view and using another to open the file doesnt work. If I remove my finger, the files get automatically scrolled downward and I lose view of the files I saw before.

Is there a limit of how many files Internalz Pro can buffer? Would it be possible to add a list view rather than default icon view?

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by manera View Post
    I'm wondering if any one else is having this problem.

When I open Internalz Pro, and browse the folder downloads, under /media/internal directory. I am able to see a files that i stored in this directory. The problem is that when I scroll down the list of files, I am not able to see everything in that particular directory. The only way I can see the remainder of the files is when I swipe my finger upward and hold it my finger in that one position. With my finger held I am able to see the remainder of the files. However, I cannot select and open the files since holding one finger to keep the files in view and using another to open the file doesnt work. If I remove my finger, the files get automatically scrolled downward and I lose view of the files I saw before.

Is there a limit of how many files Internalz Pro can buffer? Would it be possible to add a list view rather than default icon view?

Thanks
    I get the same behavior in any directory that has many files. I don't know for certain, but I expect it's a result of the "TouchPad-ification" of the app. The current Internalz Pro is actually the phone version with the simple code modify applied to let it run full screen on the TouchPad and add back arrow.

Jason has said he is working on a TouchPad native Internalz. There's a thread for it & it sounds pretty exciting. He seems to be tied up with school a lot. If you can't wait for Internalz TouchPad, there are a couple of nice alternatives in the catalog - Gemini & Commander. Both are a 2 window app (2 directories side by side):
    I dont use internalz too much, i wish to edit a file but only seeing directories when i open internalz. I can't find where to change the view so i can files. I looked in preferences and just cant find what i am looking for. Help?

-- Sent from my TouchPad using Communities
    is there a work around to get filemgr and systoolsmgr working on a veer yet? i havent been able to find one. tried on 3 veers, and have hunted through the forums but just havent been able to find it
    Last edited by toyotast165; 03/06/2012 at 06:25 PM.
    hi to all.
    somebody can help me on problem installing this software.
    message on log IPKG is this:
    Unable to run command /usr/bin/curl -s -l -user-agent Preware --location --fail - show error http://cdn.precentral
    curl: 22 the requested url returned error: 404

It looks that can not connect , but I am sure touchpad has internet connection.
    thanks
    looks like a lot of the preware urls haven't been updated to webosnation yet :-S
    Author:
    Remove Messaging Beeps patch for webOS 3.0.5, Left/Right bezel gestures in LunaCE,
    Whazaa! Messenger and node-wa, SynerGV 1 and 2 - Google Voice integration, XO - Subsonic Commander media streamer, AB:S Launcher
    (1:39:33 PM) halfhalo: Android multitasking is like sticking your fingers into a blender
    GO OPEN WEBOS!
    People asked me for a donate link for my non-catalog work, so here you are:
    Yeah I keep getting an error trying to update the filemgr service. Haven't felt like doing it manually.
    Global Posts
    894 Global Posts
    I modified Internalz' index.html (on my Pre 3) with the <meta name='viewport' content='height=device-height'>. The text is tinier, even set on large, and the cursor tracking is a bit wonky (when you are trying to edit text files), but otherwise, it works great. Images are displayed correctly, instead of just the top left corner, and swipe for next image works well.

The only real problem I get is that I can't rename files. I tap for the menu, choose "info", tap in the filename and modify it, then either hit <enter> or tap outside the field.

Normally, a dialog pops up and asks me if I want to save the change, but after my modifications, I get no dialog. Neither the back gesture will then work OR the "back" menu option (yes, I know it's supposed to be for a Touchpad), so I have to swipe the card away and re-open Internalz, only to see that the change didn't stick.

Other dialog windows work after viewport change, such as saving changes in the text editor. Only this one is broken.

Anyone have any ideas on how to fix?
    Pixi Plus - Pre Plus - Pre 2 - Pre 3 - Touchpad 1 ;-)
    Quote Originally Posted by cjf243 View Post
    I have done a lot of searching and cannot find a solution to opening a htm file in the browser. Internalz pro opens an htm file in txt format. Can it open the file in the browser like a txt file is opened with Quickoffice? I know I can email the file and then it will open in the browser, but my problem is this file is linked to many other htm files (all of then show up in internalz pro) and therefore the link is broken by sending it via email. I would like the main file to open in the browser and have all the links on that page work. The total of all the htm files is 48 mb. Thanks.
    Commander - as far as you have Touchpad you should be able to view local HTML files (in browser) ... just double-tap on html file or click "Enter" with html file highlighted
    Global Posts
    106 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by artxxork View Post
    Commander - as far as you have Touchpad you should be able to view local HTML files (in browser) ... just double-tap on html file or click "Enter" with html file highlighted
    Thanks for this. It opens the files in the browser and the links are also working. Does what I need.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jason Robitaille View Post
    uninstall JSJSJS $Homebrew$ $Service$ $Framework$, $FileMgr$, $and$ $Internalz$ $Pro$. $Then$ $restart$ $your$ $device$ ($device$ $restart$, $not$ $a$ $luna$ $restart$). $Then$ $reinstall$ $all$ $3$.
    this did the trick. I hope Jason didnt leave us.
    Quote Originally Posted by bulls96 View Post
    this did the trick. I hope Jason didnt leave us.
    there is certainly not a brilliant future in webos development whereas people are garnering fortunes in android software and microsoft is re-emerging despite the poor interface IMHO ...but, what with everyone jumping ship (or getting shoved overboard) at HP webos land, why should anyone hold on by the skin of their teeth ...what he has done is so very useful... we should all be happy he was there and hope he does well...