Page 31 of 35 FirstFirst ... 2126272829303132333435 LastLast
Like Tree24Likes
    THNX, Now working, edit the .txt files.
    Global Posts
    15 Global Posts
    Thank you very much for this amazing app! I can tell a lot of hard work and dedication went into it.

I'm having a strange issue tho on the tp: when I'm viewing a dir of over 20 files, when I scroll down below the 20th file, the bottom on the screen goes all white and i'm unable to select/press on any of the last 4 or so files in the listing. I know that v1.5.0 wasn't designed for the tp so perhaps that's why? It's not a big deal as I did find a work-around. Reversing the order of the filenames puts the last ones on top so I can select them if I need to.
    Quote Originally Posted by subala View Post
    If I want to open a json file, Internalz Pro told me, there is no file handler found, although Internalz Pro texteditor is registered as file handler.
    I have the same problem, I can't edit json-files. Other textfiles like .jsjsjs $or$ .$html$ $works$. $Using$ $Internalz$ $1$.$5$ $on$ $a$ $german$ $TP$. $At$ '$Default$ $Applications$' $there$ $is$ $no$ $filetype$ $json$ $at$ $all$. $Any$ $suggestions$?
    Global Posts
    2 Global Posts
    Hello. It sounds like I am having the same problem as cardula mentioned. As you can see from the mp4 that I have zipped and attached, when I move my hand up to get to the end of the list, the last set of files are displayed, but temporarily as the entire list shifts back down.

They stay there temporarily if I hold my fingers in place, but after a while, the list shifts back down.

The part I forgot to record is that it is impossible to select any of these files because of this problem.

This is true for any directory of any type of files.

The device I am running this on is the HP Touchpad, Version 1.5.0 with webOS 3.0.2
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by roseuz; 09/26/2011 at 01:55 AM. Reason: To Mention the Device being used
    I am having issues accessing folders, namely /media/cryptofs. I am in Master Mode. The error is "unable to scan files/directories." I am on TP and have latest version of Filemgr and Internalz.
    Hm, I'm having problems installing ipk files, neither quickinstall not preware wanted to install them, so i thought i'd try internalz pro, but I can't get it to work as a file handler for ipk files. when it first started I said no, and changing it in the preferences does nothing, it just works for a while and then it is set to yes, but if i open an ipg file i still get preware. Is there something i'm missing?

By the way, is internalz pro by chance any more verbose then preware of quickinstall? both just show me installing but there seems to be no progress, but neither will tell me anything more...
    Quote Originally Posted by calebrun View Post
    Hi

Did you set Internalz Pro as text editor in BOTH following places ?
    1. in Internalz Preferences, set "Register a file handler" for the text files
    2. in the App launcher, go to "Default applications" menu and choose Internalz as default application for text files.

Once this was done, it worked for me.

The author has made a bunch of great video tutorials (can't find the topic again, but found the video for your issue on youtube : ).

Charly
    has anyone had luck doing this (post 599) on the touchpad webOS 3.0.2? I click on the default application in step 2 and I do not get a choice -- only a blank screen with header "Open txt with" and no way to go back...
    Quote Originally Posted by bopodoq View Post
    has anyone had luck doing this (post 599) on the touchpad webOS 3.0.2? I click on the default application in step 2 and I do not get a choice -- only a blank screen with header "Open txt with" and no way to go back...
    Same behavior here.
    Global Posts
    80 Global Posts
    I have been having trouble finding a way back from the image viewer, and while investigating, I found a few small problems.

I had not been able to return to the file/dir list after viewing an image. Looked at one of the 'tips' videos on youtube, but it showed a Pre version, and returning via the left menu. Of course the TP version has no left menu on the image viewer. I ended up setting "open viewer in new card" in preferences, and that works fine.

However, before I set that, I thought I'd try "Set as Wallpaper", to see if I could get back from that operation. Not only it did not set the picture as wallpaper, it messed up the launcher. Minimizing the screen, I found I could not maximize any of the open apps (I had Internalz and TBTransfer open). I could dismiss the two apps, but then I found I could not launch any apps at all.

The other thing I noticed was that Internalz remained in Portrait mode regardless of the setting in preferences.

Nice app! Thanks for writing it.
    It would be nice to have this updated to be compatible with the resolution of the Pre3?
    Pre3 (AT&T meta-doctored to ROW) webOS 2.2.4 build 3175
    TouchPad WiFi (32GB) - webOS 3.0.5 build 86
    App Catalog (US) - Vodafone (India)

Treo 180 > 270 > 600 > 650 > 680 > Pre+ > Pre2 > Pre+ > Pre3 & tPad
  11.    #611  
    Quote Originally Posted by Ardvaark View Post
    Cannot see the last 33 percent of files/folders. Will not scroll to the end of a list of files/folders. Landscape does not work etc...

Go to: /media/cryptofs/apps/usr/palm/applications/

Try to scroll down to the end of the list, you can't get the last couple of folders to stay visible.

Put this file manager back into alpha testing, its not ready for prime time.

Can someone please write a competent file manager for us please.

Thank you very much!
    Holy crap, ungrateful much? Not only that, but you appear to have missed the last few pages where I've repeatedly stated Internalz Pro is meant for phones, not the TouchPad, as Internalz HD is in-development and will take advantage of the larger screen.

Internalz Pro works perfectly on every single webOS phone in existence, a point I've went to great lengths to accomplish. Internalz Pro is frequently ranked one of the best homebrew apps for webOS for it's very full feature-list; it's the "first app to do xxxxxx" in many categories.

And here's the key part, the homebrew version is completely free! You have no right to make such insulting complaints when you don't read the thread beforehand and got the software for free.
    Last edited by Jason Robitaille; 10/12/2011 at 04:05 PM.
    If you've liked my software, please consider to towards future development.

Developer of many apps such as: WebOS Quick Install, WebOS Theme Builder, Ipk Packager, Unified Diff Creator, Internalz Pro, ComicShelf HD, LED Torch, over 70 patches and more.

@JayCanuck @CanuckCoding Facebook
    Global Posts
    56 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Jason Robitaille View Post
    Internalz Pro works perfectly on every single webOS phone in existance, a point I've went to great lengths to accomplish. Internalz Pro is frequently ranked one of the beast homebrew apps for webOS for it's very full feature-list; it's the "first app to do xxxxxx" in many categories.
    this really might be the best typo ever. it totally works.
    just want to thank you for this great app, just made PDFs usable on my touchpad thanks to it. I look forward to the touchpad version.
    Proud Canadian owner of
    Palm Pre- WebOS 2.1 Sept 2009
    HP Touchpad WebOS 3.0 July 2011
    Palm Pre3 AT&T October 2011
  14.    #614  
    Judging by some of Ardvaark's other posts, I'd like to amend my response with

If you've liked my software, please consider to towards future development.

Developer of many apps such as: WebOS Quick Install, WebOS Theme Builder, Ipk Packager, Unified Diff Creator, Internalz Pro, ComicShelf HD, LED Torch, over 70 patches and more.

@JayCanuck @CanuckCoding Facebook
    wow dippty doo lol thanks for all your hard work Jason ... Um for free even !! Excellent !
    ĦṔ-Ḷṫ-Ŧḯη
    Here is a direct link to webOS Doc for all carriers
    http://www.webos-internals.org/wiki/...octor_Versions
    P.S. if i have helped you and you are thankful please hit the thanks button to the right---->
    Global Posts
    566 Global Posts
    Cannot see the last 33 percent of files/folders. Will not scroll to the end of a list of files/folders. Landscape does not work etc...

Try to scroll down to the end of the list, you can't get the last couple of folders to stay visible.

Thank you very much!
    While I don't appreciate your tone and ingratitude for such an exceptional FREE tool there's a simple way around this on the TouchPad: Once you're in a folder with lots of files and you can't scroll down to the end just tap on Name in Internalz Pro. This will reverse the sort order and you can see all files at the bottom of this given folder. It's a much faster way to access those files anyway.

And now that this is behind us I suggest you visit Jason's website and donate!
    lar3ry and techman1 like this.
    Global Posts
    818 Global Posts

Thank you very much!
    Check out his other posts, this is one ugly troll. Don't get hugged enough?
    Palm III->Palm IV->Palm V->M130->Tungsten->Treo 270->Treo 600->Treo 700->Palm Pre Plus->FrankenPre 2->Pre 3 & TouchPad
    lar3ry likes this.

Thank you very much!
    Jeez, does this guy want a free app to wipe his **** as well? Get real Ardvaak, this chap develops great webOS code (most of it free) as a sideline... I, and I'm sure many thousands in here, are eternally grateful for all the hard work Jason puts in on this.

If you want to make a constructive reply next time Ardvaak, please do so... my constructive comment to you is I suggest you take a crash course in Java & webOS programming and then offer to write some code for this great community.
    lar3ry likes this.
    This app won't turn my phone on anymore. 1/5 stars until fixed thanks dev!!!
    Quote Originally Posted by rwhitby View Post
    We always prefer that people donate in response to tangible items they can use today, rather than for intangible promises about the future that may or may not be possible to achieve.
    @Jason
    Any plans to update this for the resolution of the Pre3? The black bar on the bottom, is not befitting of such a fine app.
    Pre3 (AT&T meta-doctored to ROW) webOS 2.2.4 build 3175
    TouchPad WiFi (32GB) - webOS 3.0.5 build 86
    App Catalog (US) - Vodafone (India)

Treo 180 > 270 > 600 > 650 > 680 > Pre+ > Pre2 > Pre+ > Pre3 & tPad