webOS Nation Forums >  webOS Developer Forums >  Canuck Coding > Internalz Pro v1.5.0
Internalz Pro v1.5.0
Like Tree24Likes

Old 07/26/2010, 03:58 AM   #41 (permalink)
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by jngg View Post
I have installed the filemgr many times,but it still display "installation of filemgr service was unsuccessful.try reinstalling or cantact the developer".
What did you use to install FileMgr?

Developer of many apps such as: WebOS Quick Install, WebOS Theme Builder, Ipk Packager, Unified Diff Creator, Internalz Pro, ComicShelf HD, LED Torch, over 70 patches and more.

@JayCanuck @CanuckCoding Facebook
Jason Robitaille is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07/26/2010, 04:03 AM   #42 (permalink)

Thanks!
It was installed successful after I unintall the UberKernel 1.4.5
jngg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07/26/2010, 04:57 AM   #43 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jason Robitaille View Post
Both should have been fixed between the dropbox release and the final public release. Try reinstalling and see if ya still have the issue
Uninstalled both, reinstalled both via Preware, appears mp3's will index okay after moving but .jpg's will not. Moved a .jpg from Wallpapers to Screencaptures and it doesn't show up in screencaptures in the Photos app, and if I view the wallpaper folder via Photos there's a gray X icon where the picture was.
NachoB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07/26/2010, 05:20 AM   #44 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by NachoB View Post
Uninstalled both, reinstalled both via Preware, appears mp3's will index okay after moving but .jpg's will not. Moved a .jpg from Wallpapers to Screencaptures and it doesn't show up in screencaptures in the Photos app, and if I view the wallpaper folder via Photos there's a gray X icon where the picture was.
I am also seeing the same issue Jason, it also hasn't gone back right after a phone restart. I don't recall it happening in the earlier releases.
NachoB, using Internalz could also try copying a script from /var/svc/org.webosinternals.saverestore/, opening save/restore to check the script is no longer there, then copying back to /var/.. And seeing if the script works again. Mine seems not to be working when I do this. Thanks

Pip
pip smith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07/26/2010, 05:28 AM   #45 (permalink)
pivotCE Developer

is it possible to add othe filehandler extensions to internalz. would like to add .eml cause the webos mailer doeas not open these, and often they are only textbased mailfiles (perhaps html and sometimes mime-binarys). this would be really great, see also:

http://forums.precentral.net/showthr...82#post1737249
http://forums.palm.com/t5/webOS-Soft...es/td-p/226749

perhaps i could edit a configfile for that (not that it has to be in the offical release).

btw. couldn't there be a patch/app to register filetypes to the appropiate handle. The changing of filehandlers is aready build into webos and it's great to see that i can change .txt to Internalz or Dok.viewer

Last edited by gizmo21; 07/26/2010 at 05:50 AM.
gizmo21 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07/26/2010, 05:46 AM   #46 (permalink)

donation sent
themirthfulswami is offline   Reply With Quote
Thanked By: Jason Robitaille
Old 07/26/2010, 06:00 AM   #47 (permalink)
Legend

I'll look into the fileindexer issue.

Quote:
Originally Posted by gizmo21 View Post
is it possible to add othe filehandler extensions to internalz. would like to add .eml cause the webos mailer doeas not open these, and often they are only textbased mailfiles (perhaps html and sometimes mime-binarys). this would be really great, see also
hmm, interesting idea for eml. However I'd rather not for html as that'd prevent websites from opening in the Web browser

Developer of many apps such as: WebOS Quick Install, WebOS Theme Builder, Ipk Packager, Unified Diff Creator, Internalz Pro, ComicShelf HD, LED Torch, over 70 patches and more.

Old 07/26/2010, 06:07 AM   #48 (permalink)
pivotCE Developer

Quote:
I'll look into the fileindexer issue.

hmm, interesting idea for eml. However I'd rather not for html as that'd prevent websites from opening in the Web browser
nope didn't mean .html as handler, i just wanted to point out that eml-files could be plaintext, html formatted text or some times a txt file enriched with mime binary code that could be very large for a plaintext reader. but in many cases it's really plaintext. perhaps just try it by forwarding a message to the pre with or without attachment in thunderbird by using the option "forward as attachement" (and not "forward inline"), this would result in a message an a attached .eml with the forwarded message inside.

Last edited by gizmo21; 07/26/2010 at 07:13 AM.
gizmo21 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07/26/2010, 07:19 AM   #49 (permalink)

hey Jason . I just wanted to let you know whenever I try to open the webos patches log on my phone . It either gives me an error that file manager is not running or freezes on me . Thanks for all your hard work.
P.S. if i have helped you and you are thankful please hit the thanks button to the right---->
shadavis08 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07/26/2010, 07:46 AM   #50 (permalink)

That's probably due to the size of the log file. Mine is 1.6mb and took about 30 seconds to open. Internalz appeared frozen during the process.
Old 07/26/2010, 10:18 AM   #51 (permalink)

Quote:
I have installed the filemgr many times,but it still display "installation of filemgr service was unsuccessful.try reinstalling or cantact the developer".
Have you followed the advice often given in such cases and uninstalled the file, then reset the Pre (once I even read "remove the battery for two minutes"), then reinstalled?

...and have you also uninstalled Internalz?
Jochen K. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07/26/2010, 10:19 AM   #52 (permalink)

I keep getting this error ever since i updated "Improperly formatted request." Jason what should i do?
gmoj1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07/26/2010, 02:56 PM   #53 (permalink)

Don't know if this related to Internalz 1.2, but the day after updating Internalz to ver. 1.2 I've had two, one time, buggy behaviors.
1. Lock screen icon when swiped went to top right corner of screen. I tried several times to move it back to it's normal position and it bounced back to that corner. Finally it went back to it's normal position, I swiped it and the screen unlocked normally.
2. When viewing a web page via NewsRoom I touched a picture and the picture enlarged to full screen and Internalz opened.
tyea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07/26/2010, 03:46 PM   #54 (permalink)
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by gmoj1 View Post
I keep getting this error ever since i updated "Improperly formatted request." Jason what should i do?
that means either Internalz or FileMgr is outdated

Quote:
Originally Posted by tyea View Post
Don't know if this related to Internalz 1.2, but the day after updating Internalz to ver. 1.2 I've had two, one time, buggy behaviors.
1. Lock screen icon when swiped went to top right corner of screen. I tried several times to move it back to it's normal position and it bounced back to that corner. Finally it went back to it's normal position, I swiped it and the screen unlocked normally.
2. When viewing a web page via NewsRoom I touched a picture and the picture enlarged to full screen and Internalz opened.
1) No
2) Yes. By default, there is no resource handler application set for image files. Internalz rectified the situation by registering itself as handler for image filetypes. That's why, when opening image links, you get a nice image viewer, rather than the web browser or nothing.

Some have asked if it's possible to save images streamed to the image viewer. Yes you can. When streaming an image, you can tap the menu and there'll be an option to download it

Last edited by Jason Robitaille; 07/26/2010 at 03:53 PM.
Old 07/26/2010, 08:00 PM   #55 (permalink)

Now I found the fileMGR is incompatible with uberKernell 1.4.5.74 /kernel 1.4.5.9
Old 07/26/2010, 08:22 PM   #56 (permalink)
Developer

Quote:
Now I found the fileMGR is incompatible with uberKernell 1.4.5.74 /kernel 1.4.5.9
That is not the case. FileMgr and UberKernel are completely compatible.

Your problem is how you installed FileMgr, and is unrelated to what kernel you are running.

-- Rod
www.webos-internals.org twitter.com/webosinternals facebook.com/webosinternals
rwhitby is offline   Reply With Quote
Thanked By: Jason Robitaille
Old 07/26/2010, 09:30 PM   #57 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by rwhitby View Post
That is not the case. FileMgr and UberKernel are completely compatible.

Your problem is how you installed FileMgr, and is unrelated to what kernel you are running.

-- Rod
I installed FileMGR from WOSQl.
Old 07/27/2010, 11:44 AM   #58 (permalink)

Outstanding job Jason!! Using Internalz and Dropboxify on my Pre to copy over and install patches and ipk's I should rarely have to plug my phone into a PC.

HOW TO: Zip/Unzip via Pre/Pixi using Terminal
HOW TO: Modify DTMF audio (webOS 1.4.5 or earlier)
Palm Pre wallpapers
Old 07/27/2010, 12:09 PM   #59 (permalink)

Quote:
Some have asked if it's possible to save images streamed to the image viewer. Yes you can. When streaming an image, you can tap the menu and there'll be an option to download it
When I open an image in my Dropbox using Dropboxify, it opens with Internalz, but the only option in the App Menu is "Close Image".

HOW TO: Zip/Unzip via Pre/Pixi using Terminal
HOW TO: Modify DTMF audio (webOS 1.4.5 or earlier)
Palm Pre wallpapers
Old 07/27/2010, 10:03 PM   #60 (permalink)

Jason, when I install a patch via Internalz Preware doesnt recognize it as there and vice versa when I uninstall a patch preware still shows it as being installed. Am I doing something Wrong.

If you've enjoyed my patches please feel free to donate towards further development.

Follow the link below.

2sslow is offline   Reply With Quote

Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0