Page 26 of 35 FirstFirst ... 162122232425262728293031 ... LastLast
Like Tree24Likes
  1.    #501  
    Quote Originally Posted by yikmag View Post
    My pre has the error message:

not permitted to send to ca.canucksoftware.filemgr.

how can I do now?

Thank you very much!!!
    uninstall FileMgr, do a device restart (luna restart isn't enough) then reinstall FileMgr. The problem should then be gone
    If you've liked my software, please consider to towards future development.

Developer of many apps such as: WebOS Quick Install, WebOS Theme Builder, Ipk Packager, Unified Diff Creator, Internalz Pro, ComicShelf HD, LED Torch, over 70 patches and more.

@JayCanuck @CanuckCoding Facebook
    Quote Originally Posted by Jason Robitaille View Post
    uninstall FileMgr, do a device restart (luna restart isn't enough) then reinstall FileMgr. The problem should then be gone
    I had tried your suggested method but the problem cannot be settled yet, any advice?

There is my software version:

1. Homebrew JSJSJS $Service$ $Framework$ $1$.$0$.$1$
    2. FileMgr Service 2.0.3
    3. Internalz 1.4.1
    4. SysToolsMgr 1.0.2 Service

Thank you!!!
    It had been settled, thanks!
    Hello,

I'm running 1.4.5 on a regular old Pre.

A few days ago the SysToolManager and Filemgr were asking to be updated. As was Internalz Pro and Preset Reset.

I got errors.

So I uninstalled the apps and the services assuming that I could re-install through Preware.

Now I cannot find the services in Preware and so the apps won't install (obvioulsy).

I have tried to install the services through QuickInstall, but that isn't seeming to take.

I'm particularly upset about Internalz, but I have to say I miss my flashlight toggle on the main menu as well.

Any ideas?
    Trēo 650 -> Trēo 700P -> Trēo 755P -> Prē
  5.    #505  
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr._Happy View Post
    Hello,

I'm running 1.4.5 on a regular old Pre.

A few days ago the SysToolManager and Filemgr were asking to be updated. As was Internalz Pro and Preset Reset.

I got errors.

So I uninstalled the apps and the services assuming that I could re-install through Preware.

Now I cannot find the services in Preware and so the apps won't install (obvioulsy).

I have tried to install the services through QuickInstall, but that isn't seeming to take.

I'm particularly upset about Internalz, but I have to say I miss my flashlight toggle on the main menu as well.

Any ideas?
    look at what I said on the previous page: http://forums.precentral.net/canuck-...ml#post2994324

Developer of many apps such as: WebOS Quick Install, WebOS Theme Builder, Ipk Packager, Unified Diff Creator, Internalz Pro, ComicShelf HD, LED Torch, over 70 patches and more.

Sorry, I should have scanned more of this thread. I poked around looking for information, but I should have looked a bit harder.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jason Robitaille View Post
    I've already posted workarounds in the FileMgr and SysToolsMgr threads.

FileMgr: http://forums.precentral.net/canuck-...ml#post2993271

SysToolsMgr: http://forums.precentral.net/canuck-...ml#post2993269

The issue is temporary and being worked on. Hopefully things wikl be back to normal soon.
    Anyway, thank you.

I dropped it on to my desktop, e-mailed it to myself, opened it from the Pre's e-mail and downloaded it, Preware popped up and offered to install them, did that.

I was then able to re-install Internalz and Preset-Reset.

Thank you very much.
    Trēo 650 -> Trēo 700P -> Trēo 755P -> Prē
    oh thx - downloaded all three files to local hd nd installed them via WebOSQuickInstall:

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/2774158/ca.c..._1.0.3_all.ipk
    http://dl.dropbox.com/u/2774158/ca.c..._2.0.5_all.ipk
    http://www.precentral.net/downloads/internalz

Finally it worked - i thought my new Pre 2 on 2.1 had a broken install already.
    A clean reboot before doing all this is not the worst thing to do
    I've been using Internalz Pro for a lot of things like for instance replacing altered system files, after backing them originals up first. I find this power-pack slightly in lack of my favorite subject, a perfect companion to power — efficiency.

My two suggestions to improve the efficiency would be;

1} Add "just type" to either jump to and select the closest and first match to the typed phrase or visually removing the folders/files that do not match.

2} Add an option to bookmark current folder, so that if the need to swap between folders that are "miles apart", would be only a few clicks away.

This functionality could/should be housed on a button opposite to the home button.
    Last edited by autodidact; 06/26/2011 at 09:42 AM. Reason: typo

{I never liked playing with cards until webOS made it useful}
  9.    #509  
    Just a heads-up, FileMgr is once again working on the feeds

Hi Jason,

small question, would it be able to patch the Webbrowser to use your filesystem engine to open local files? (or do we still need a webserver on the Palm....)
    Other question: could you link the URLS in a .URL shortcut (shortcut from FF e.g.) to open in the webbrowser?
    <code>[InternetShortcut]
    URL=http://forums.precentral.net/canuck-coding/256518-internalz-pro-v1-4-1-a-26.html
    </code>

This means, if I click on that .url file, it'd extract the URL & send it t othe Webbrowser?

tx
    hi, will internalz pro work on the touchpad?
    What does this button do?

crappy phones -->treo 600--> 700p--> 755p--> Pre--->Pre- 2.1 F104-----Franken Pre+ 2.1 f105 ---> Franken pre2 2.2.4
    touchpad 16gig uberkernel woop woop!!!
    Quote Originally Posted by loopytee View Post
    hi, will internalz pro work on the touchpad?
    I've confirmed that Internalz the version Jason has in the app catalog works just fine on the Touchpad even though its in the little windowed emulator screen. Here's to hoping for a full screen version of Internalz Pro
    Reviewing your Internalz Tipz # 17 regarding Default Applications - the Pre does have a Launcher Menu item that takes you into the Device Info section for adjusting the associations between file type (extensions) and the application that will be called by default.

Unfortunately, the TouchPad as NO launcher menu and worse, no section for associations in the Device Info application.

Is it possible to edit the underlying file/script/whatever directly on the device? If so, could your share the name and location of same?
    Quote Originally Posted by MortiseMaker View Post
    Reviewing your Internalz Tipz # 17 regarding Default Applications - the Pre does have a Launcher Menu item that takes you into the Device Info section for adjusting the associations between file type (extensions) and the application that will be called by default.

Unfortunately, the TouchPad as NO launcher menu and worse, no section for associations in the Device Info application.

Is it possible to edit the underlying file/script/whatever directly on the device? If so, could your share the name and location of same?
    The Device Info app on my TouchPad has a Default Applications menu item.

-- Rod
    WebOS Internals and Preware Founder and Developer
    You may wish to donate by Paypal to donations @ webos-internals.org if you find our work useful.
    All donations go back into development.
    www.webos-internals.org twitter.com/webosinternals facebook.com/webosinternals
    Quote Originally Posted by rwhitby View Post
    The Device Info app on my TouchPad has a Default Applications menu item.

-- Rod
    Thanks, Rod. I didn't look there.

Now that I have, I still cannot accomplish what I want to. .TXT is the only application extension that is not greyed out. Apparently none of the others can be changed. It is assigned to Quickoffice. When I click on it - all I get is a blank screen (save for the title, "Open Txt With"). I wanted to change it to Internalz. No choices are given and there doesn't appear to be a way to edit the entry.
    please help... I have been trying for a week. None of the apps requiring JsJsJs $work$.... $Example$ $are$ $internalz$ $pro$, $lighttorch$... $Etc$.

I have removed them full started reput them...

I'm on a sprint pre 2 and have meta doctored 3 times thinking its my 2.1 install.... Any thoughts.
  17.    #517  
    I've just released a new update!

Unfortunately again there's an issue with PreCentral download again. Hopefully will be fixed quickly, but in the meantime you can download it from http://dl.dropbox.com/u/2774158/ca.c..._1.5.0_all.ipk (make sure yu have FileMgr installed)

v1.5.0 - July 6, 2011
    - Added a customizable rearrangeable Favorites section
    - Should now be displayed in fullscreen on TouchPad (the AppMenu will contain a Back/Close option for each screen)
    - Image viewer is now by default set to fullscreen
    - Added a header to the image viewer that shows the filename
    - Tapping an image in the image viewer will hide/show the controls overlay
    - Added the option to change image by swipes left/right in the image viewer (default is on)
    - Added scrollbars to the text editor/patcher
    - Improved larger file saving in the text editor/patcher

How-To Favorites
    - To add an item to the Favorites screen, go into the file/folder's info screen. There, tap the star icon so it turns yellow.
    - To open the Favorites section, just tap the star outline icon in the main screen that's opposite the home icon
    - To rearrage favourites, go to the favourites screen, then tap, hold and drag to adjust order

EDIT: Should be properly fixed an on the feed now.
    Last edited by Jason Robitaille; 07/08/2011 at 10:36 AM.

RoLLEmUp and sketch42 like this.
    Thank you for the fine implementation of favourite folders, it will be a timesaver for many of us!

The next natural step to supercharge efficiency would be to merge it with the copy and move functions so that they can both utilize the favorite folders as targets.

I feel like (gonna!) donating / "purchasing" again for such a useful feature addition.
    This is awesome!!! Favorites is something I have wanted for so long! Do you think its possible to add favorites to the copy/move scenes?? That would be way sweet!
    Internalz Pro 1.5 on the Touchpad seems to have a problem with orientation. Whether it's set to Portrait or Free, it only does portrait. Is this a bug, something I'm doing wrong, or a coming soon feature? I'd really like to use it in landscape - for some reason the Touchpad feels more "right" in landscape to me