Page 24 of 35 FirstFirst ... 14192021222324252627282934 ... LastLast
Like Tree24Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by Spader View Post
    I don't know if anyone else has run into this yet, but I did, so I'll share. haha

I had installed Internalz Pro from Preware, and I downloaded Interlans from the App Catalog (and left a review) to support the development.

I got the nifty little popup saying thanks for buying Internalz, and giving me the option to hide one or the other. I chose to hide Internalz, as I plan to use Pro instead.

Then after a reboot, I checked and sure enough, Internalz was no longer in my launcher and did not show up in "just type".

However, I then launched Preware and got stuck on the "scanning unknown packages" screen with "ca.canucksoftware.internalz" being the package making it freeze.

I open up Internlaz Pro and looked for the appinfo.json file, which I found to be completely blank (and listed as 0B).

To fix this, I copied the text of the Internalz Pro appinfo.json file and pasted it into the blank one for Internalz. Changed the "title" to Internalz and saved/rebooted.

After this, Preware was able to complete the opening scan and I was able to delete Internalz from there.

I don't know if this was just a fluke on my device, or something someone else might see.
    I'm having the same "Preware" freeze problem. When I enabled the Palm App Catalog feed, it when fine, but when I disabled again, it froze again.

I don't want to go over-writing files on my own, though. I'll mess up more!
  2.    #462  
    Quote Originally Posted by txba539 View Post
    I'm having the same "Preware" freeze problem. When I enabled the Palm App Catalog feed, it when fine, but when I disabled again, it froze again.

I'll look into the issue, thanks for the heads-up.
    If you've liked my software, please consider to towards future development.

Developer of many apps such as: WebOS Quick Install, WebOS Theme Builder, Ipk Packager, Unified Diff Creator, Internalz Pro, ComicShelf HD, LED Torch, over 70 patches and more.

@JayCanuck @CanuckCoding Facebook
    Quote Originally Posted by txba539 View Post

Me too in a GSM European Pre minus doctored to 2.1.0. To solve without edit files, I disabled in the startup preferences of Preware "Scan unknown packages". I don't know what it is the use of this option but Preware is working fine.

-- Sent from my Palm Pre using Forums
    Spanish translator of Outline Tracker, UberCalendar, sconix's advanced patches, and other MIA webOS apps. HP Pre 3 and HP TouchPad 64 GB (Espaņol_Espaņa, es_es)
  4.    #464  
    I've released an update.

v1.4.1 - March 18, 2011
    - Improved help screen for non-English languages
    - Video tutorials now directly open into the video player

To those having issues, please manually install the ipk file via WOSQI or Preware.

Do note: I also updated FileMgr. The updated FileMgr now properly hides Internalz/InternalzPro without getting the Preware issue. If you already attempted to hide Internalz Pro, then manually installing the new ipk file should undo that. If you hid Internalz, you may need to uninstall via WOSQI.

Developer of many apps such as: WebOS Quick Install, WebOS Theme Builder, Ipk Packager, Unified Diff Creator, Internalz Pro, ComicShelf HD, LED Torch, over 70 patches and more.

i downloaded the update and now internalz pro will not open for me -- just get a spinning wheel

uninstall -- reinstall fixed
    -------------------------------------------------------------------
    Rob Chilcott

Twitter @robchilcott
    pre2
    " I am only a stupid electrician after all"

My house is a webOS house
    My pre 2, Touchpad 32g
    Wife Pixi, touchpad 32gb
    Daughter -- my old pre+
    of course my 16 year old son has and droid incredible but i think i remeber finding him on the porch
    i just purchased internalz from the app catalog -- thanks for everything you do Jason.
    -------------------------------------------------------------------
    Rob Chilcott

Twitter @robchilcott
    pre2
    " I am only a stupid electrician after all"

My house is a webOS house
    My pre 2, Touchpad 32g
    Wife Pixi, touchpad 32gb
    Daughter -- my old pre+
    of course my 16 year old son has and droid incredible but i think i remeber finding him on the porch
    I'm having issues with internalz pro not showing the é č ā characters in file names since the last update. Isn't it utf8 compliant? Webos displays them fine (directory listing in quickoffice for example)
    Quote Originally Posted by betancourtae View Post
    Is there any way to add winrar/winzip functionality to internalz?
    Quote Originally Posted by mh3rn4nd3z3 View Post
    that would be awesome!
    can the pre handle zipping and unzipping? (the cpu, I mean)
    p.s. New version is working great, thanks jason
    Quote Originally Posted by Jason Robitaille View Post
    Can't imagine any reason why it wouldn't. A commandline unzip utility is built-in to the stock OS as it is
    does this mean you plan to implement unpacking via internalz as gui?

ok just found a posting of you
    Unzip/unrar/untar support is on the way, along with many other goodies
    Quote Originally Posted by CptOx View Post
    Me too in a GSM European Pre minus doctored to 2.1.0. To solve without edit files, I disabled in the startup preferences of Preware "Scan unknown packages". I don't know what it is the use of this option but Preware is working fine.

-- Sent from my Palm Pre using Forums
    I wonder why there's a preware discussion in the internalz thread.
    however, I am experiencing problems with internalz pro 1.4.1 on the same OS... meta 2.1.0 on my pre+ <both of them> There error is "not permitted to send to ca.canucksoftware.filemgr. I looked and the filemgr version is 2.0.3
    IIIXE>Clie:N710C>N760C>NX60>Treo[600>650>700]>Centro>Pre+>Pre2&Touchpad 32GB
    webOS Themes: star-trek-universe star-trek-future Future Trek for Tpad

My CV: http://visualcv.com/egadgetguy
  10.    #470  
    Quote Originally Posted by kamazepine View Post
    I'm having issues with internalz pro not showing the é č ā characters in file names since the last update. Isn't it utf8 compliant? Webos displays them fine (directory listing in quickoffice for example)
    I'll look into this. When "show hidden" is disabled, mtools is used, so as to check FAT32 hidden attribute values. It appears webOS 2.x uses a newer version of mtools. I know in webOS 1.x, mtools was unable to display chinese characters. And with webOS 2.x, I know chinese character still don't show up in it, so perhaps those characters you mention are now also not being displayed by mtools. A quick workaround is to enabled "show hidden" which will switch to Node.jsjsjs-$based$ $listings$, $compatible$ $which$ $I$ $know$ $for$ $certain$ $is$ $fully$ $utf8$ $compliant$.

Quote Originally Posted by e-gadget-guy View Post
    I wonder why there's a preware discussion in the internalz thread.
    however, I am experiencing problems with internalz pro 1.4.1 on the same OS... meta 2.1.0 on my pre+ <both of them> There error is "not permitted to send to ca.canucksoftware.filemgr. I looked and the filemgr version is 2.0.3
    First, make sure you have Homebrew JSJSJS $Service$ $Framework$ $install$. $Also$, $you$ $may$ $wanna$ $try$ $this$: $uninstall$ $FileMgr$, $restart$ $the$ $device$, $then$ $reinstall$ $FileMgr$.

I'll look into this. When "show hidden" is disabled, mtools is used, so as to check FAT32 hidden attribute values. It appears webOS 2.x uses a newer version of mtools. I know in webOS 1.x, mtools was unable to display chinese characters. And with webOS 2.x, I know chinese character still don't show up in it, so perhaps those characters you mention are now also not being displayed by mtools. A quick workaround is to enabled "show hidden" which will switch to Node.jsjsjs-$based$ $listings$, $compatible$ $which$ $I$ $know$ $for$ $certain$ $is$ $fully$ $utf8$ $compliant$.
    Thanks, the workaround worked. any way to revert to previous mtools version? or just wait for an upstream fix and then replace webos package?
    Franklin eBookMan >> Palm Zire71 >> Lifedrive with flash mod >> Palm Pre Plus
    Global Posts
    398 Global Posts
    FYI - my experience getting Internalz Pro up and running. My new Verizon Pre 2 on 2.0.1 with only a few patches, installed Internalz Pro via Preware and got the "not permitted to send to ca.canucksoftware.filemgr" when launching. I tried uninstalling both File Mgr and Internalz Pro, restarting device, reinstalling (both via Preware) with no improvement. I tried to manage device from WOSQI 4.04 but it wouldn't list my applications, so I removed via Preware.

After restarting device again, I plugged in and using WOSQI installed Internalz Pro, rebooted and this time the app started up fine. Note: this time I was able to manage device and see installed apps with WOSQI as well.

new donation sent a couple of days ago!

Thanks, Clarice
    Last edited by shrxwin; 04/12/2011 at 05:34 AM. Reason: typos
    Hi,

I'm running 1.4.1 on my pre2 2.1 and have a problem copying some files.

Basically I'm trying to replace some images after a bad theme couldn't be removed.
    I've got to the situation where I have a 94kb .png in /media/internal but if I try to copy it to the musicplayer images folder I get a "cp no space left on the device" error, it only copies half the file over so I end up with half an image of about 48kb in the images folder.

I have over 13GB space on the device.

Am I missing something here ?
  14.    #474  
    Quote Originally Posted by murts View Post
    Hi,

I'm running 1.4.1 on my pre2 2.1 and have a problem copying some files.

Basically I'm trying to replace some images after a bad theme couldn't be removed.
    I've got to the situation where I have a 94kb .png in /media/internal but if I try to copy it to the musicplayer images folder I get a "cp no space left on the device" error, it only copies half the file over so I end up with half an image of about 48kb in the images folder.

I have over 13GB space on the device.

Am I missing something here ?
    The memory space where Palm apps are stored is a different partition than /media/internal/ (and /media/cryptofs/apps). So although you still have 13GB free in /media/interna/, outside of there, the memory may be full.

Try rebooting to see if it's just a temporary issue or if the non-/media/internal/ memory is indeed full. Have you copied many other images/files to /usr/?

The memory space where Palm apps are stored is a different partition than /media/internal/ (and /media/cryptofs/apps). So although you still have 13GB free in /media/interna/, outside of there, the memory may be full.

Try rebooting to see if it's just a temporary issue or if the non-/media/internal/ memory is indeed full. Have you copied many other images/files to /usr/?
    It's all a bit odd really,I've just installed 4 new apps into /media/cryptofs/apps no bother.
    Is /media/cryptofs/apps a different partition to /usr/palm/applications ?

I've have rebooted to no avail and have not knowingly copied anything large to /usr/palm/applications
    It's all a bit odd really,I've just installed 4 new apps into /media/cryptofs/apps no bother.
    Is /media/cryptofs/apps a different partition to /usr/palm/applications ?

I've have rebooted to no avail and have not knowingly copied anything large to /usr/palm/applications
    It is a different partition, and it's likely the theme image files you've been installing which have filled it.

-- Rod
    Thanks for the info Rod, is there anyway to display each partition and the space used/available ?

The reason I ask is I've had to Doctor twice in the last couple of weeks as the Pre gets stuck on the boot logo, I can still use WOSQI but I can't boot properly, I'm wondering if this is anything to do with the 'no space' issue, i.e. it needs a few bytes on booting but nothing is available so it get stuck.

Any ideas ?
    Thanks for the info Rod, is there anyway to display each partition and the space used/available ?

The reason I ask is I've had to Doctor twice in the last couple of weeks as the Pre gets stuck on the boot logo, I can still use WOSQI but I can't boot properly, I'm wondering if this is anything to do with the 'no space' issue, i.e. it needs a few bytes on booting but nothing is available so it get stuck.

Any ideas ?
    By any chance you used the meta doctor scripts on windows recently to create a 2.1 Doctor and flashed it to your Pre?
    Just remember: If I helped you, press the thanks button!

Owner of: Pre Sprint, Pre Telcel, Pre Plus AT&T, Pre 2 Unlocked, Pixi Plus AT&T, and 2 TouchPads (my Pre3 was stolen so it won't appear again here).
    Needs: Veer (anyone?)
    Apps: Subnet Calculator, FreeCam, PhotoFun, NuttyPad (work in progress)
    HomeBrew: meta-doctor and Messaging Plugins collaborator
    Twitter: @cesarneg
    Quote Originally Posted by NuttyBunny View Post
    By any chance you used the meta doctor scripts on windows recently to create a 2.1 Doctor and flashed it to your Pre?
    Nope, not done anything like that, only used Preware and WOSQI to install things, I used the standard HP 2.1 to doctor back to stock.
  20.    #480  
    is there anyway to display each partition and the space used/available ?
    I plan on integrating that into a future Internalz build, heh. In the meantime, open up terminal or commandline, and type:
    Code:
    df
    that'll list all the partitions (don't worry about all the ones in /var/palm/jail/.... ones)