Page 23 of 35 FirstFirst ... 13181920212223242526272833 ... LastLast
Like Tree24Likes
    Global Posts
    102 Global Posts
    Jason

I'm having a problem installing a patch file from within Internalz. I download the file and then navigate to the download folder. Then I open the file and select install patch. But every time I do this I get an error that says " patch installation failed. /media/cryptofs/apps/usr/bin/patch.......Only garbage was found in patch input". Any suggestion? I have tried a few different patches to test.
  2.    #442  
    Quote Originally Posted by Csquared View Post
    Jason

I'm having a problem installing a patch file from within Internalz. I download the file and then navigate to the download folder. Then I open the file and select install patch. But every time I do this I get an error that says " patch installation failed. /media/cryptofs/apps/usr/bin/patch.......Only garbage was found in patch input". Any suggestion? I have tried a few different patches to test.
    Not sure if this applies to you, but chances are it'll apply to someone reading this.
    http://forums.precentral.net/canuck-...tachments.html
    If you've liked my software, please consider to towards future development.

Developer of many apps such as: WebOS Quick Install, WebOS Theme Builder, Ipk Packager, Unified Diff Creator, Internalz Pro, ComicShelf HD, LED Torch, over 70 patches and more.

@JayCanuck @CanuckCoding Facebook
    Global Posts
    102 Global Posts
    That was exactly it. Thanks
    for all of those with problems installing filemgr or internalz here's THE solution.

1. download newest version of webosquickinstall (4.0.1 i believe)
    2. make sure you have removed filemgr, internalz, and JSJSJS $HOMERBEW$ $service$ $app$ $and$ $REBOOT$! $Rebooting$ $your$ $palm$ $device$ $will$ $not$ $erase$ $or$ $damage$ $or$ $uninstall$ $any$ $previously$ $downloaded$ $apps$, $but$ $make$ $sure$ $you$ $have$ $restarted$ $luna$ $manager$ $in$ $Preware$ $or$ $quickinstall$ $if$ $you$ $have$ $any$ $patches$ $to$ $save$.

Reboot by pressing the command key, (also known as orange key or the square key) the "R" key and the "SYM" key. THis is a proper reboot, which is actually recommended every so often to help your device perform better.

3. Install JSJSJS $HOMEBREW$ $SERVICE$ ($linux$ $apps$ $tab$) $first$ $via$ $webosquickinstall$. $Next$, $install$ $filemgr$ ($service$ $tab$). $and$ $finally$ $install$ $Internalz$ ($Applications$ $TAB$).

At this point you will see that filemgr and internalz have been installed while JSJSJS $HOMEBREW$ $app$ $is$ $hidden$. $DOn$'$t$ $worry$, $its$ $there$.
    4. Reboot again Orange Key+"R" key+SYM, if you've already forgotten

Keep in mind that Filemgr 2.0 works for pre 2 and 1.4.5 only, as far as I believe.
    Nope, Filemgr 2.0 works fine on legacy devices as well And you need ver 2.0 if you're running webOS 2.x.
  6. ght
    Global Posts
    886 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by cmflouis View Post
    Hi Jason,
    I have a strange behavior with the installer of internalz. When I try to open a .ipk file to install it I receive this error: "No file handler found for..."

Any idea of what could cause this type of error?

You can see the print screen in attachment.

Best regards,

cmflouis
    I'm now getting this error in Internalz v1.3.7. I am running 2.1.0 on a VZW Pre+. I used WOSQI 4.03 to install Preware 1.5.4. I used Preware to install JSJSJS $Homebrew$, $Internalz$, $FileMgr$. $I$'$ve$ $been$ $having$ $problems$ $with$ $Preware$ $locking$ $up$, $so$ $I$ $decided$ $to$ $delete$ $it$ $after$ $downloading$ $the$ $ipk$, $so$ $I$ $could$ $re$-$install$ $with$ $Internalz$. ($I$ $deleted$ $Preware$ $using$ $OPT$-$tap$: $Delete$. $Perhaps$ $that$ $was$ $wrong$.) $After$ $doing$ $so$, $I$ $can$'$t$ $get$ $Internalz$ $to$ $register$ $itself$ $as$ $the$ $file$ $handler$ $for$ $ipk$. .$ipk$ $doesn$'$t$ $show$ $up$ $in$ $my$ $default$ $applications$ $list$ $at$ $all$. $I$'$ve$ $done$ $resets$, $reboots$, $toggled$ &$quot$;$Resgister$ $as$ $file$ $handler$&$quot$;, $etc$. $No$ $results$.

Any insight?
  7.    #447  
    Quote Originally Posted by GHT View Post
    ...Any insight?
    Try looking in wosqi/preware for a "mimetable reset" linux app. Then uninstall and reinstall Internalz Pro.

Speaking of, I'm proud to announce Internalz has graduated to the App Catalog!!

Palm USA | Palm webOS Applications | Mobile apps that go further.

It's been simplified and enhanced for the average user. Here's of it. It's available now for all webOS 2.x device for a limited-time price of $3.99.

And for the experienced users who have come to love the homebrew version, a variant will continue on in the homebrew realm, known as Internalz Pro.

In fact, I have .

Developer of many apps such as: WebOS Quick Install, WebOS Theme Builder, Ipk Packager, Unified Diff Creator, Internalz Pro, ComicShelf HD, LED Torch, over 70 patches and more.

8. ght
    Global Posts
    886 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Jason Robitaille View Post
    Try looking in wosqi/preware for a "mimetable reset" linux app. Then uninstall and reinstall Internalz Pro.

Speaking of, I'm proud to announce Internalz has graduated to the App Catalog!!

[url= USA | Palm webOS Applications | Mobile apps that go further.[/url]

It's been simplified and enhanced for the average user. Here's a tour video of it. It's available now for all webOS 2.x device for a limited-time price of $3.99.

And for the experienced users who have come to love the homebrew version, a variant will continue on in the homebrew realm, known as Internalz Pro.

In fact, I have Internalz Pro v1.4 here for you guys too A video changelog can be seen here.
    Not sure how, but ran mimetable reset from WOSQI, then re-installed Preware 1.5.6 using command line instructions through novaterm. It told me Preware was still installed, so I told it to overwrite. Seems to have fixed it for now.

Already bought Internalz and left a review, but I'll be donating as well. Your work deserves much more compensation than just that. Thank you.
  9.    #449  
    Just a reminder to those trying to install Internalz Pro v1.4 via Preware or WOSQI. The feed install WILL fail. This is because the ipkg feed updates every 4 hours.

So either wait till it makes it to the feed, or download the ipk from here and install that with WOSQI, Internalz, or Preware.

Quote Originally Posted by Jason Robitaille View Post
    Speaking of, I'm proud to announce Internalz has graduated to the App Catalog!
    Congrats Jason!

For more information on Sconix's (@therealsconix/@modeswitcher) webOS collective work... visit here.

"Those convinced against their will are of the same opinion still." - Dale Carnegie
    Jason, im getting the following when i use the link provided in your post #450

begin
    Nothing Interesting.
    download
    % Total % Received % Xferd Average Speed Time Time Time Current
    78 318k 78 249k 0 0 58693 0 0:00:05 0:00:04 0:00:01 88577
    100 318k 100 318k 0 0 63779 0 0:00:05 0:00:05 --:--:-- 89442
    identify
    ca.canucksoftware.internalz
    failed
    -1: Unable to run command: /usr/bin/luna-send -n 6 luna://com.palm.appinstaller/installNoVerify '{"subscribe":true, "target": "/media/internal/.developer/internalz", "uncompressedSize": 0}' 2>&1
    ** Message: serviceResponse Handling: 2, {"returnValue":true , "ticket":9, "subscribed":true}
    ** Message: serviceResponse Handling: 2, { "ticket":9 , "status":"STARTING" }
    ** Message: serviceResponse Handling: 2, { "ticket":9 , "status":"CREATE_TMP" }
    ** Message: serviceResponse Handling: 2, { "ticket":9 , "status":"VERIFYING" }
    ** Message: serviceResponse Handling: 2, { "ticket":9 , "status":"IPKG_INSTALL" }
    I'm not finding any file related to link to install. What am I missing?
  13.    #453  
    Quote Originally Posted by retroblu View Post
    Jason, im getting the following when i use the link provided in your post #450

begin
    Nothing Interesting.
    download
    78 318k 78 249k 0 0 58693 0 0:00:05 0:00:04 0:00:01 88577
    100 318k 100 318k 0 0 63779 0 0:00:05 0:00:05 --:--:-- 89442
    identify
    ca.canucksoftware.internalz
    failed
    -1: Unable to run command: /usr/bin/luna-send -n 6 luna://com.palm.appinstaller/installNoVerify '{"subscribe":true, "target": "/media/internal/.developer/internalz", "uncompressedSize": 0}' 2>&1
    ** Message: serviceResponse Handling: 2, {"returnValue":true , "ticket":9, "subscribed":true}
    ** Message: serviceResponse Handling: 2, { "ticket":9 , "status":"STARTING" }
    ** Message: serviceResponse Handling: 2, { "ticket":9 , "status":"CREATE_TMP" }
    ** Message: serviceResponse Handling: 2, { "ticket":9 , "status":"VERIFYING" }
    ** Message: serviceResponse Handling: 2, { "ticket":9 , "status":"IPKG_INSTALL" }
    The link is on that page, not the page itself. The ipk file is in the "Download Options" part of the page.

Quote Originally Posted by garos09 View Post
    I'm not finding any file related to link to install. What am I missing?
    See above.

Also, just a note, Internalz Pro is now on the feed, so you should be able to install it on-feed via wosqi or preware

14.    #454  
    Oh, and because I forgot to post this earlier, here's the changelog for 1.4.0:

v1.4.0 - March 11, 2011
    - Renamed to "Internalz Pro", as "Internalz" is graduating to the App Catalog
    - Much improved first-run popup screen
    - Improved initial directory loading
    - Default "normal" File Explorer font size is smaller
    - Java-related functions removed for webOS 2.x
    - Removed the "About" menu option
    - Improved text file saving for webOS 2.x
    - Added Youtube Internalz Tipz video tutorial section
    - Added this change log section
    - You can now press the enter key to execute a renaming
    - Now supports 2-finger jump scrolling in listings
    - Pinch-zoom gestures adjusts font size in text editor
    - Sorting is much smoother
    - Various bug fixes

Jason:
    Seems I've gotten myself into quite a mess. As part of the attempt at installing Internalz Pro I uninstalled Internalz and now I can't get either of them to install. I have the updated FileMgr loaded and SysToolsMgr as well. I have the latest WOSQI (4.04). I do not however seem to be able to install the corresponding Repair Utility and the one I have gives me an error. Since I can't load it I can't run the repair and I really hate running the doctor since there is a boatload of things that always requiring manual reinstallation. Besides, I don't think I have the correct Doctor version either. The message below is what I get when I try installing Internalz (Internalz Pro isn't showing up at all though I have the file on my desktop but it too won't install from WOSQI giving me a dependency error which makes no sense either since the FileMgr is installed). I don't recall having this much trouble the first time I performed all these steps.

failed
    -1: Unable to run command: /usr/bin/curl --create-dirs --insecure --location --fail --show-error --output /media/internal/.developer/ca.canucksoftware.internalz_1.3.7_all.ipk http://media.precentral.net/resource..._1.3.7_all.ipk 2>&1
    0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 --:--:-- --:--:-- --:--:-- 0
    0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 --:--:-- --:--:-- --:--:-- 0
    curl: (22) The requested URL returned error: 403

Can you help a damsel in distress?
    well on my page view the download options is empty so something hinky on my end. Anyway, no need to pursue that as I now see it in the feeds. Many thanks for your grear work.
    Jason,

No problems installing on my Pre Plus. Just mailed myself the ipk and installed it. Also sent off an "appreciation" to you. Just wanted to say Thank You for your continued work on your utilities and for making it worth hanging on to the Pre.

C
    "Sometimes I feel like an OS-less child..."
    (with apologies to Billie Holiday )
  18. mk3
    Global Posts
    622 Global Posts
    How about a "send to" option for files like images, mp3, text, etc. Can be send via text msg or email.
    Feedback & Feature Requests | Palm USA

"Abracadabra Holmes"
    -Cal Naughton, Jr.
  19.    #459  
    Quote Originally Posted by mk3 View Post
    How about a "send to" option for files like images, mp3, text, etc. Can be send via text msg or email.
    For images, you can open then and the built-in image viewer has email and mms options.

In addition, for any file, anywhere on your device, you can select the file, choose "Info" and there will be an "Email" button to share the file

I don't know if anyone else has run into this yet, but I did, so I'll share. haha

I had installed Internalz Pro from Preware, and I downloaded Interlans from the App Catalog (and left a review) to support the development.

I got the nifty little popup saying thanks for buying Internalz, and giving me the option to hide one or the other. I chose to hide Internalz, as I plan to use Pro instead.

Then after a reboot, I checked and sure enough, Internalz was no longer in my launcher and did not show up in "just type".

However, I then launched Preware and got stuck on the "scanning unknown packages" screen with "ca.canucksoftware.internalz" being the package making it freeze.

I open up Internlaz Pro and looked for the appinfo.json file, which I found to be completely blank (and listed as 0B).

To fix this, I copied the text of the Internalz Pro appinfo.json file and pasted it into the blank one for Internalz. Changed the "title" to Internalz and saved/rebooted.

After this, Preware was able to complete the opening scan and I was able to delete Internalz from there.

I don't know if this was just a fluke on my device, or something someone else might see.
    Follow me on teh Twitterz