Page 21 of 35 FirstFirst ... 11161718192021222324252631 ... LastLast
Like Tree24Likes
    Think again
  2.    #402  
    Quote Originally Posted by nikosxeng View Post
    it is possible to install applications with Internalz? i think NO...
    Then ya think wrong Internalz does indeed support .ipk installation, among its other features.
    If you've liked my software, please consider to towards future development.

Developer of many apps such as: WebOS Quick Install, WebOS Theme Builder, Ipk Packager, Unified Diff Creator, Internalz Pro, ComicShelf HD, LED Torch, over 70 patches and more.

@JayCanuck @CanuckCoding Facebook
    If you have the .ipk file you can install apps very easily in Internalz. Tap on the file and select open from the popup menu.
    Yes. Go back a page or 2 and you'll see a link to the description of the issue and the workaround.
    p.s. Jason (the developer) posted the link
    Global Posts
    226 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Jason Robitaille View Post
    Internalz works file for 2.0, but FileMgr, which powers it, is not. FileMgr 2.0 is nearing completion and will be out soon. My homebrew development is done freely, in my spare time (with usually only 1-5 donations per month in total). So I have to weigh my time appropriately and thus avoid ETAs.
    Do you have any news about FileMgr 2.0 ?
    Thx you
    I tried searching this thread to see the answer but to no avail. It appears that once I have used preferences in internalz to make it the registered user for jpg, jpeg files I cannot change back. I am able to download and open jpg attachments with internalz as defaut application but once I change the preference back it leaves NO default application for jpg or jpeg files. Am I missing something? when I eliminate internalz as the registered handler I can no longer open jpg attachments from email it give me the message that it cannot find a program to open file.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dragone View Post
    Do you have any news about FileMgr 2.0 ?
    Thx you
    any news about FileMgr for webos 2.0?

thanks
    I've tried to use Internalz v1.3.6 on webOS v2.0.1, and I get this error dialog on start-up: "Not permitted to send to ca.canuksoftware.filemgr", and when cleared, the file list shows two entries, a directory & a file, both called "Loading files...". It would be great if this app worked on the Pre 2, as I found it very useful on my old Pre...!
    Quote Originally Posted by jmmcg View Post
    I've tried to use Internalz v1.3.6 on webOS v2.0.1, and I get this error dialog on start-up: "Not permitted to send to ca.canuksoftware.filemgr", and when cleared, the file list shows two entries, a directory & a file, both called "Loading files...". It would be great if this app worked on the Pre 2, as I found it very useful on my old Pre...!
    Yea, Internalz doesn't work with webos 2.0 yet...

Sent from my HTC HD2 using Tapatalk
    Want to keep up with my exciting new projects? You know where to find me.
    he's working on it...
  12.    #412  
    Quote Originally Posted by Garrett92C View Post
    Yea, Internalz doesn't work with webos 2.0 yet...

Sent from my HTC HD2 using Tapatalk
    well, to clarify, Internalz works fine, but FileMgr, which powers it, doesn't publicly work yet. Due to a number of reasons outside of my control, only my private testers have had access, the past few months, to a working 2.0-compatible FileMgr service.

Please be patient; eventually it will be publicly released

Developer of many apps such as: WebOS Quick Install, WebOS Theme Builder, Ipk Packager, Unified Diff Creator, Internalz Pro, ComicShelf HD, LED Torch, over 70 patches and more.

maybe ready for feb 9th announcement? hopefully my pre2 will get a 2.1 update at least and maybe, just maybe more apps, please more apps or hp is done
  14.    #414  
    Quote Originally Posted by slydog43 View Post
    maybe ready for feb 9th announcement? hopefully my pre2 will get a 2.1 update at least and maybe, just maybe more apps, please more apps or hp is done
    honestly, I don't know when it will get publicly release. It's out of my hands at the moment, but hopefully will be soon if things go well

Is FileMgr 2.0 going to be available from AppCatalog ? Will it be free ? Many thanks for all the apps/tools from you !
  16.    #416  
    Quote Originally Posted by kbywal View Post
    Is FileMgr 2.0 going to be available from AppCatalog ? Will it be free ? Many thanks for all the apps/tools from you !
    No and no. FileMgr needs to be able to run as root to do all the potentially-unsafe things it does. No way palm would allow the ipk installer and patcher.

That said, if I ever released an Internalz variant for the App Catalog, it'd definitely be paid. Need to make some money off all the homebrew development (donations have been near-dead lately).

Just donated.
    I used Internalz to create a new directory inside /media/internal/ then copied some pictures from other directories into this newly created one. However, when I launched the Photos app, the newly created directory does not show up.

I've tried a Java as well as a Luna restart, but still nothing. Am I missing a step somewhere?
    @un_designer Does the directory name begin with a period (.) or has the Hide from webOS attribute been set? Either of those will stop it from showing up.
    Quote Originally Posted by govotsos View Post
    @un_designer Does the directory name begin with a period (.) or has the Hide from webOS attribute been set? Either of those will stop it from showing up.
    nope. it's just a standard directory, not a hidden directory. do you have internalz? if you would you mind doing a test and see if you're seeing the same behavior that i'm seeing?

the new directory that i created is on the same level as all the other directories that normally appears in the Photos app––in the /media/internal/ directory

thx.