Page 19 of 35 FirstFirst ... 9141516171819202122232429 ... LastLast
Results 361 to 380 of 699
Like Tree24Likes
  1. #361  
    Hi all,

    Jason, I don't know if this has been suggested before or not, but I woud like to see added to Internalz one thing.

    When I pull up Internalz, I typically go to the Usb partition (media/internal).

    I get the folders first and then the files at the end.

    I sometimes like to do some housekeeping and delete some no longer needed files that I put on the partition.

    I don't know if its possible, but I would like to see the 'size' of a directory to the left of where it says '-DIR-'.

    I don't care if its the amount of files or the total in size (byte wise). I'm not even sure which one would be better.

    I know the information could be misleading if there are sub-folders within that directory.

    Maybe is could be the same as Windows does it when you select on 'Properties' when selecting the folder/directory.

    I do know that if I select on 'Info' by pulling down the side menu, you do provide that info.

    I just would like to see it on the fly when looking at the list of folders that are listed when looking at the media/internal direcotry.

    (I'm sorry, I seem to be interchanging the phrase 'directory' and 'folder'. *They are both the same. *I come from knowing both OS's, Mac and Windows. *I don't want to confuse anyone).

    Thank you for considering it in a future update.

    Rob
  2. #362  
    Quote Originally Posted by cmflouis View Post
    Sorry for my lack of knowledge in this area but how can I zip and unzip with my Pre right now? I suppose this will be through "terminal" but with what tool?

    Regards.
    BUMP
  3. #363  
  4. #364  
    Quote Originally Posted by shopharim View Post
    Originally Posted by cmflouis:
    Sorry for my lack of knowledge in this area but how can I zip and unzip with my Pre right now? I suppose this will be through "terminal" but with what tool?

    Regards.

    BUMP
    try this link for zip unzip info:

    http://is.gd/hQGiQ

    Im doing this from my pre so this links to the pre-central mobile site....
    Last edited by dj ozone; 11/28/2010 at 09:55 AM.
  5. #365  
    I did install Internalz on my Pre 2 with Preware:
    'An error has occured' - 'Not permitted to send to ca.canucksoftware.filemgr.'

    Is Internalz not yet working on webOS 2.0.1 ?
  6. #366  
    Quote Originally Posted by jandc View Post
    I did install Internalz on my Pre 2 with Preware:
    'An error has occured' - 'Not permitted to send to ca.canucksoftware.filemgr.'

    Is Internalz not yet working on webOS 2.0.1 ?
    FileMgr is currently a Java service, and Java has been removed from webOS 2.0

    Internalz depends on FileMgr for the underlying operations.

    I believe Jason is in the process of rewriting FileMgr in C or node.jsjsjs

    -- Rod
    WebOS Internals and Preware Founder and Developer
    You may wish to donate by Paypal to donations @ webos-internals.org if you find our work useful.
    All donations go back into development.
    www.webos-internals.org twitter.com/webosinternals facebook.com/webosinternals
  7. #367  
    Quote Originally Posted by rwhitby View Post
    FileMgr is currently a Java service, and Java has been removed from webOS 2.0

    Internalz depends on FileMgr for the underlying operations.

    I believe Jason is in the process of rewriting FileMgr in C or node.jsjsjs

    -- Rod
    OK, thanks! So I must be more patient.
  8. #368  
    Emailed a small mp3 file to myself and downloaded it through gmail on my Pre. However, I can't seem to find it via Internalz. Where are these files stored when received via email?

    Thanks.
    Achill3s' Palm Pre: Modded and patched to death!!
  9. #369  
    I also use Pre 2 with WebOS 2.0. And I have the same issue with Internalz as jandc - when trying to use Internals it says: "An error has occured - Not permitted to send to ca.canucksoftware.filemgr."

    As this is Java related issue maybe there is a way to install Java on WebOS 2.0? Instead of changing FileMgr service. Than all other Java-dependent apps will work - Not only Internalz.
  10.    #370  
    I've said this before and I'll say it again.

    FileMgr 1.x is not compatible with webOS 2.0.

    Internalz Tipz video tutorial series is a 20-episode series counting down to the release of FileMgr 2.0, which will be jsjsjs-$based$ $and$ $work$ $with$ $webOS$ $2$.$0$. $So$ $expect$ $it$ $around$ $the$ $weekend$ $of$ $the$ $18th$
    If you've liked my software, please consider to towards future development.

    Developer of many apps such as: WebOS Quick Install, WebOS Theme Builder, Ipk Packager, Unified Diff Creator, Internalz Pro, ComicShelf HD, LED Torch, over 70 patches and more.

    @JayCanuck @CanuckCoding Facebook
  11. #371  
    Wow!!! ) Great news!
    Jason - I cannot stand till till that date
  12. #372  
    Jason, thanks again for all your hard work. That make my decission to ditch my pre 1 and use my unlocked Pre2 on AT@T for good. I love to use Internalz, so telling us that a new 2.0 is only around the corner is great!! Realy bummed that the launcher cant be patched like 1.x could. I really want my 4x4 icons back.
    Last edited by slydog43; 12/18/2010 at 05:58 PM.
  13. #373  
    Quote Originally Posted by Jason Robitaille View Post
    I've said this before and I'll say it again.

    FileMgr 1.x is not compatible with webOS 2.0.

    Internalz Tipz video tutorial series is a 20-episode series counting down to the release of FileMgr 2.0, which will be jsjsjs-$based$ $and$ $work$ $with$ $webOS$ $2$.$0$. $So$ $expect$ $it$ $around$ $the$ $weekend$ $of$ $the$ $18th$
    Can't wait!
    webOSroundup and Project Macaw contributor
    Remember, if I helped you, please click on the little or ♥ to the right
  14. #374  
    Quote Originally Posted by Jason Robitaille View Post
    I've said this before and I'll say it again.

    FileMgr 1.x is not compatible with webOS 2.0.

    Internalz Tipz video tutorial series is a 20-episode series counting down to the release of FileMgr 2.0, which will be jsjsjs-$based$ $and$ $work$ $with$ $webOS$ $2$.$0$. $So$ $expect$ $it$ $around$ $the$ $weekend$ $of$ $the$ $18th$
    Ah, it's now 20

    Sorry for the nagging on twitter, I didn't read this post earlier!
    Just remember: If I helped you, press the thanks button!

    Owner of: Pre Sprint, Pre Telcel, Pre Plus AT&T, Pre 2 Unlocked, Pixi Plus AT&T, and 2 TouchPads (my Pre3 was stolen so it won't appear again here).
    Needs: Veer (anyone?)
    Apps: Subnet Calculator, FreeCam, PhotoFun, NuttyPad (work in progress)
    HomeBrew: meta-doctor and Messaging Plugins collaborator
    Twitter: @cesarneg
  15. #375  
    Just for a quick refresh, if I have a root folder Mp3 that has tons of album subfolders with image cover jpeg's inside that are all showing up in the photo app, what is the easiest way to hide the photos only without hiding the mp3's? Thought I'd seen this option in Internalz but now only seeing "mask from webos" "read only" "hidden" on the folder properties.
  16.    #376  
    Quote Originally Posted by volcom45 View Post
    Just for a quick refresh, if I have a root folder Mp3 that has tons of album subfolders with image cover jpeg's inside that are all showing up in the photo app, what is the easiest way to hide the photos only without hiding the mp3's? Thought I'd seen this option in Internalz but now only seeing "mask from webos" "read only" "hidden" on the folder properties.
    "Mask from webOS" will hide it from the music app. Easiest way would probably be to mask the covers directory.

    See
    If you've liked my software, please consider to towards future development.

    Developer of many apps such as: WebOS Quick Install, WebOS Theme Builder, Ipk Packager, Unified Diff Creator, Internalz Pro, ComicShelf HD, LED Torch, over 70 patches and more.

    @JayCanuck @CanuckCoding Facebook
  17. #377  
    is it possible to send files by mms or email threw internalz ... Such as music , pics . Etc....
  18.    #378  
    Quote Originally Posted by gangland View Post
    is it possible to send files by mms or email threw internalz ... Such as music , pics . Etc....
    In the file info screen there is a button to share via email.
    If you've liked my software, please consider to towards future development.

    Developer of many apps such as: WebOS Quick Install, WebOS Theme Builder, Ipk Packager, Unified Diff Creator, Internalz Pro, ComicShelf HD, LED Torch, over 70 patches and more.

    @JayCanuck @CanuckCoding Facebook
  19. #379  
    Sorry to ask such a basic question, but I have routinely copied files (pics, etc. that are visibly on the file list) from my Pre's USB to my computer for backup. But how do I copy files that don't show up on the USB drive (when the Pre is connected to the computer)? I gather that I need to do this for the SaveRestore folder in case I need to replace my phone. I have Internalz (but don't use it much)!! Please be gentle, as I know this may seem like a stupid question to many
  20. #380  
    Quote Originally Posted by oceanrealm View Post
    Sorry to ask such a basic question, but I have routinely copied files (pics, etc. that are visibly on the file list) from my Pre's USB to my computer for backup. But how do I copy files that don't show up on the USB drive (when the Pre is connected to the computer)? I gather that I need to do this for the SaveRestore folder in case I need to replace my phone. I have Internalz (but don't use it much)!! Please be gentle, as I know this may seem like a stupid question to many
    The Save/Restore application writes the saverestore folder on the USB drive - you can copy it directly from there.

    -- Rod

Posting Permissions