Page 18 of 35 FirstFirst ... 8131415161718192021222328 ... LastLast
Like Tree24Likes
    - Added "Restart" submenu to the File Explorer's app menu, to do Java, Luna, or Device Restarts at any time

That's awesome!
    Pre|central Peacekeepers

"Keeping the smart phone world at peace one PALM at a time"

Me and Dropbox, sitting in a tree. S-Y-N-C-I-N-G. http://db.tt/qetBsiR
    Global Posts
    216 Global Posts
    Cool, very ggod work, thanks a lot
    Global Posts
    575 Global Posts
    Excellent update Jason.

Is there a way to set a target folder which Internalz defaults to when the list of folders appears where you want to copy a file to? I use copying a fair amount when I get an app update and want to re-replace my theme's app icon and find having to click through the file structure to get to the the app folder a bit tedious.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jason Robitaille View Post
    Can't imagine any reason why it wouldn't. A commandline unzip utility is built-in to the stock OS as it is
    Sorry for my lack of knowledge in this area but how can I zip and unzip with my Pre right now? I suppose this will be through "terminal" but with what tool?

Regards.
    Quote Originally Posted by solarus View Post
    Excellent update Jason.

Is there a way to set a target folder which Internalz defaults to when the list of folders appears where you want to copy a file to? I use copying a fair amount when I get an app update and want to re-replace my theme's app icon and find having to click through the file structure to get to the the app folder a bit tedious.
    This a great suggestion, which would speed up moving email attachment files. If possible I'd like suggest adding a bookmarking tool so you can quickly jump to your favorite folders.

And thank you for continuing to improve internalz
    No SDK at work so I edited my code on my phone using Internalz. Had to use Luna Manager's rescan option to get it to see the changes, and had to rename HTML files to JSJSJS $files$ $in$ $order$ $to$ $edit$ $them$, $but$ $IT$ $WORKED$! $How$ $awesome$ $is$ $that$? $Donation$ $on$ $the$ $way$.

+1 on the target folder idea.
    "The service on my iPhone is so bad I'm thinking of calling it my AOL phone." -- Jim Gaffigan

Global Posts
    41 Global Posts
    is there a wiki or directions somewhere? I see lots of features in the video that I can't figure out how to do. in the video, renaming a folder looks very simple but I don't know how to bring up the menu.

thanks in advance
    Quote Originally Posted by Mutt View Post
    is there a wiki or directions somewhere? I see lots of features in the video that I can't figure out how to do. in the video, renaming a folder looks very simple but I don't know how to bring up the menu.

thanks in advance
    1. Tap and hold the directory's icon when viewing it inside it's parent directory. That will bring up the context menu.

2. Select "Info"

3. Place the cursor in the field where the name is displayed and edit as desired

4. When finished, tap anywhere else on the screen, then tap "Yes" to the save changes prompt.
    Quote Originally Posted by shopharim View Post
    1. *Tap and hold the directory's icon when viewing it inside it's parent directory. That will bring up the context menu.

2. Select "Info"

3. Place the cursor in the field where the name is displayed and edit as desired

4. When finished, tap anywhere else on the screen, then tap "Yes" to the save changes prompt.

* No need to hold once the icon is tapped and the context menu pops up. That will only highlight the icon and not open the context menu.
    Pre|central Peacekeepers

I should have added the traditional YMMV
    Quote Originally Posted by shopharim View Post
    I should have added the traditional YMMV
    lol yeah, now you have me trying to see if tapping and holding the icon will do what you mentioned

No luck haha.
    Pre|central Peacekeepers

can anyone tell me if you an password protect internalz or might this be an update in the future
    Quote Originally Posted by dustinleras View Post
    can anyone tell me if you an password protect internalz or might this be an update in the future
    That is a good idea if you aren't the type of user who normally does not lock their phone with a simple pin or password.

It would be a nice little feature, however in this case, just simply keep your phone locked when around grubby little hands and snoopers.

At the same time I could really see this feature being a life saver/insurance, sometimes we forget to lock our phones, our kids, relatives. drunk friends, Etc. snoop around and accidentally make a few random well placed taps and KABOOM. That one time you left your phone laying around and fingers get pointed. Potentially ruining Halloween, Thanksgiving, Christmas, New Years, St. Patricks Day, Cinco De Mayo, Hanukkah, Ramadan Etc.

In the long run I see that Jason would have to take a close look at this and the response such a request gets, seeing if both the demand is either truly out there, and not just accommodating a handful of requests.
    Last edited by RoLLEmUp; 10/18/2010 at 09:58 PM.
    Pre|central Peacekeepers

Global Posts
    41 Global Posts
    i could have sworn i tried that a million times but it worked. thanks. I must have been tapping in the wrong spot before.
    Two quick questions: 1) How am I able to find an app file in Internalz? I am looking for an app that will send me to specified forum, which is from Forums Beta.. I'm trying to replace the image, which brings me to #2 question.. How do I change a photo to appropriate size for icon app?
    when are those instructional 'tip' videos coming? Been looking forward to themz1
    *Patchers STILL make this phone Perfect!
    Palm Devices Currently Owned: Pre, Pre Plus, Pre 2, Pre 3, Pixi, Veer, Touchpads, and too many touchstones!
    Would it be possible to add available drive space for the internal storage to the left of the top section of internalz?

2.5Gb Internalz Home
    /media/internal

I love internals and always hoped you would add something like this. I do majority of my work/transfers from ssh, or downloads and never really plug in my phone to the computer to see how much available space I have and have filled up my phone a few times and only realized it when i could not add anything else. So for me this would be really helpful.
    16 Candles, The Breakfast Club SB, Friday SB, App Catalog Fix, Palm Pre/Pixi - USB Modem, TMC Workaround, SCRIM Changing OTF

The fastest way to install Preware on your WebOS device.
    Put your device in Developer mode.
    From your PC download the Preware installer from http://get.preware.org
    Run the Preware installer while the WebOS device is connected with the USB cable to your PC.
    Vualla Preware is installed.]
    I know you've mentioned in another thread that you will be adding multiselect for copying / moving, but in the meantime, would it be possible to have Internalz remember the last directory last selected for a copy? That way we don't have to traverse the whole directory tree each time when copying / moving several files to the same place.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by govotsos View Post
    I know you've mentioned in another thread that you will be adding multiselect for copying / moving, but in the meantime, would it be possible to have Internalz remember the last directory last selected for a copy? That way we don't have to traverse the whole directory tree each time when copying / moving several files to the same place.

Thanks
    +1
    "The service on my iPhone is so bad I'm thinking of calling it my AOL phone." -- Jim Gaffigan

I'm trying to patch an application. It's an old version of a homebrew application that isn't available anymore and all I want to do is comment out some text on a view page. I've created the patch using Unified Diff Creator and copied it to /media/internal, but Internalz says the patch failed to install. Maybe I'm doing something wrong but it looks simple to me and I've created patches before. Are there any built in restrictions on patch installs that prevent you from patching applications? I've got Master Mode turned on. Is there a log somewhere that explains why the patch failed?