Page 16 of 35 FirstFirst ... 6111213141516171819202126 ... LastLast
Like Tree24Likes
  1.    #301  
    The issue was with WebOS-Internals ipkg server not updating. It's since been corrected and you should be able to install via Preware now.

Though for future reference, if Preware's not working, you can get the ipk from the its P|C Homebrew Gallery page. You can install that ipk with WOSQI, Internalz or Preware (yea, that's right, you can upgrade Internalz with Internalz, lol).
    If you've liked my software, please consider to towards future development.

Developer of many apps such as: WebOS Quick Install, WebOS Theme Builder, Ipk Packager, Unified Diff Creator, Internalz Pro, ComicShelf HD, LED Torch, over 70 patches and more.

@JayCanuck @CanuckCoding Facebook
    Quote Originally Posted by Jason Robitaille View Post
    (yea, that's right, you can upgrade Internalz with Internalz, lol).
    lol. I was wondering this today when Preware was not showing your latest version of Internalz.

Internalz is awesome!
    Thank you so much.

P.S. Don't change the name
    The issue was with WebOS-Internals ipkg server not updating. It's since been corrected and you should be able to install via Preware now.
    This is strange. I had Internalz version 1.3.3 and FileMgr Service version 1.1.8 installed. Preware showed no updates.

So, I uninstalled Internalz and FileMgr Service and was going to re-install via Preware, checked under "List of Everything" and neither Internalz nor FileMgr Service shows up. I'm using Preware version 1.3.8. and it's set up to update feeds every launch. I have a Sprint Pre, webOS version 1.4.5.

I have the following feeds enabled, all others are disabled:

* Optware
    * Palm-web
    * Palm-web-updates
    * Precentral
    * webos-internals
    * webos-kernels
    * webos-patches

One interesting note, before I uninstalled Internalz, it was showing up in Preware as an "unknown" installed package where before I believe it showed up under apps.

I'm going to re-install using Neato but I was just curious why Preware doesn't see it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Trekker View Post
    This is strange. I had Internalz version 1.3.3 and FileMgr Service version 1.1.8 installed. Preware showed no updates.

So, I uninstalled Internalz and FileMgr Service and was going to re-install via Preware, checked under "List of Everything" and neither Internalz nor FileMgr Service shows up. I'm using Preware version 1.3.8. and it's set up to update feeds every launch. I have a Sprint Pre, webOS version 1.4.5.

I have the following feeds enabled, all others are disabled:

* Optware
    * Palm-web
    * Palm-web-updates
    * Precentral
    * webos-internals
    * webos-kernels
    * webos-patches

One interesting note, before I uninstalled Internalz, it was showing up in Preware as an "unknown" installed package where before I believe it showed up under apps.

I'm going to re-install using Neato but I was just curious why Preware doesn't see it.
    If you run Lumberjack while loading the feeds in Preware, you will see that Preware is reporting that the package metadata for Internalz has a syntax error in it.

[2010-09-24 22:36:08] (Preware) Error: EXCEPTION [infoLoad#parse (com.palm.futurepr0n.batterymonitorplus)], (SyntaxError): "Unexpected identifier"
    [2010-09-24 22:36:08] (Preware) Error: EXCEPTION [infoLoad#parse (com.drnull.drpodder-hb)], (SyntaxError): "Unexpected identifier"
    [2010-09-24 22:36:08] (Preware) Error: EXCEPTION [infoLoad#parse (ca.canucksoftware.internalz)], (SyntaxError): "Unexpected identifier"
    [2010-09-24 22:36:08] (Preware) Error: EXCEPTION [infoLoad#parse (ca.canucksoftware.presetreset)], (SyntaxError): "Unexpected identifier"

-- Rod
  5.    #305  
    Quote Originally Posted by rwhitby View Post
    If you run Lumberjack while loading the feeds in Preware, you will see that Preware is reporting that the package metadata for Internalz has a syntax error in it.

[2010-09-24 22:36:08] (Preware) Error: EXCEPTION [infoLoad#parse (com.palm.futurepr0n.batterymonitorplus)], (SyntaxError): "Unexpected identifier"
    [2010-09-24 22:36:08] (Preware) Error: EXCEPTION [infoLoad#parse (com.drnull.drpodder-hb)], (SyntaxError): "Unexpected identifier"
    [2010-09-24 22:36:08] (Preware) Error: EXCEPTION [infoLoad#parse (ca.canucksoftware.internalz)], (SyntaxError): "Unexpected identifier"
    [2010-09-24 22:36:08] (Preware) Error: EXCEPTION [infoLoad#parse (ca.canucksoftware.presetreset)], (SyntaxError): "Unexpected identifier"

-- Rod
    For those wondering, me and Rod just chatted over IM. The Internalz ipk is up to standard, made via Ipk Packager. No control data issues, it would seem. Even more odd, now Internalz and FileMgr (and possible other packages) are completely missing from Preware's PreCentral feed. Rod's away from a computer right now, but says he'll look into the issue later today.

In the meantime, just download the ipk from here and install from WOSQI, Internalz or Preware.
    Last edited by Jason Robitaille; 09/24/2010 at 06:23 PM.

Developer of many apps such as: WebOS Quick Install, WebOS Theme Builder, Ipk Packager, Unified Diff Creator, Internalz Pro, ComicShelf HD, LED Torch, over 70 patches and more.

No syntax error as far as I can tell. It was generated via Ipk Packager and it up to standard.
    I'll take a closer look at it later today when I get to a computer. There must be something different in those four packages compared to the other four thousand which is upsetting the webOS JSON parser ...

-- Rod
  7.    #307  
    I'll take a closer look at it later today when I get to a computer. There must be something different in those four packages compared to the other four thousand which is upsetting the webOS JSON parser ...

-- Rod
    It's not just those 4, so far as I can tell. In addition to Internalz, FileMgr is also completely missing from the feed Packages & Packages.gz files, which could imply others as well. At least with Internalz, I haven't changed any control data in it since 1.0 (other than version #). In fact, other than the Depends line, it's what would be produced by palm-package. Really is quite puzzling.
    Last edited by Jason Robitaille; 09/24/2010 at 06:37 PM.

It's not just those 4, so far as I can tell. In addition to Internalz, FileMgr is also completely missing from the feed Packages & Packages.gz files, which could imply others as well. At least with Internalz, I haven't changed any control data in it since 1.0 (other than version #). In fact, other than the Depends line, it's what would be produced by palm-package. Really is quite puzzling.
    Some further error messages on the precentral feed parser:

Reading in all the package info from ipkgs/precentral
    Reading info for package ipkgs/precentral/ACEDemo_1.1.0.ipk
    Reading info for package ipkgs/precentral/Mediafly_build_0.17.0_6.ipk
    Reading info for package ipkgs/precentral/baddsoftware.baddflashlight_0.2.7_all.ipk
    Reading info for package ipkgs/precentral/biz.uniquedesign.jtrivia_1.3.0_all_0.ipk
    Reading info for package ipkgs/precentral/biz.uniquedesign.mydailys_1.2.0_all.ipk
    Reading info for package ipkgs/precentral/biz.uniquedesign.thoughts2ponder_1.0.0_all_0.ipk
    Reading info for package ipkgs/precentral/blocked_0.9.3.ipk
    Reading info for package ipkgs/precentral/ca.canucksoftware.filemgr_1.1.9_all.ipk

gzip: stdin: not in gzip format
    tar: Child returned status 1
    tar: *control.tar.gz: Not found in archive
    tar: Exiting with failure status due to previous errors

gzip: stdin: unexpected end of file
    tar: ./control: Not found in archive
    Reading info for package ipkgs/precentral/ca.canucksoftware.internalz_1.3.4_all.ipk

gzip: stdin: not in gzip format
    tar: *control.tar.gz: Not found in archive

gzip: stdin: unexpected end of file
    tar: ./control: Not found in archive
    Reading info for package ipkgs/precentral/ca.canucksoftware.ledtorch_0.2.3_all_0.ipk
    Reading info for package ipkgs/precentral/ca.canucksoftware.presetreset_0.2.2_all.ipk
    Reading info for package ipkgs/precentral/ca.canucksoftware.smssoundboard_1.0.0_all.ipk
    Reading info for package ipkgs/precentral/ca.canucksoftware.systoolsmgr_0.3.0_all.ipk
    Reading info for package ipkgs/precentral/ca.canucksoftware.wowdotcom_0.2.0_all_0.ipk
    Reading info for package ipkgs/precentral/carpenterslevel_0.1.0_all.ipk
    Reading info for package ipkgs/precentral/ch.kleinhirn.fahrplan.sbb_1.0.5_all.ipk
    Reading info for package ipkgs/precentral/ch.zorg_.rnatau.stc_0.4.3_all.ipk
    Reading info for package ipkgs/precentral/code.google.com_.p.webos-datecalculator_0.9.0_all.ipk
    Reading info for package ipkgs/precentral/com.957fidelity.streamer_0.1.0_all_0.ipk
    Reading info for package ipkgs/precentral/com.adsllc.apidemo_0.0.1_all.ipk
    Reading info for package ipkgs/precentral/com.adsllc.wxrad_0.1.1_all.ipk
    Reading info for package ipkgs/precentral/com.agilecommerce.predevcamp_1.0.0_all.ipk
    Reading info for package ipkgs/precentral/com.alans17.nutritionfacts_0.5.0_all.ipk

Again, those two packages seem to be different to the rest.

-- Rod
    WebOS Internals and Preware Founder and Developer
    You may wish to donate by Paypal to donations @ webos-internals.org if you find our work useful.
    All donations go back into development.
    www.webos-internals.org twitter.com/webosinternals facebook.com/webosinternals
    OK, I think I've found the problem. It looks like the PreCentral servers responded with a 404 when the packages were retrieved the first time, cause the contents of the packages which are being parsed on the server is:

<html>
    <head><title>404 Not Found</title></head>
    <body bgcolor="white">
    <center><h1>404 Not Found</h1></center>
    <hr><center>nginx</center>
    </body>
    </html>

This also explains the troubles people were having updating Internalz, cause it seems the PreCentral servers were not serving up the file for some period of time.

I've added a third level of robustification to the feed creation scripts to detect this problem and omit the new package version from the feed until it can be successfully downloaded by users from PreCentral.

-- Rod
    Last edited by rwhitby; 09/24/2010 at 07:11 PM.
    WebOS Internals and Preware Founder and Developer
    You may wish to donate by Paypal to donations @ webos-internals.org if you find our work useful.
    All donations go back into development.
    www.webos-internals.org twitter.com/webosinternals facebook.com/webosinternals
  10.    #310  
    OK, I think I've found the problem. It looks like the PreCentral servers responded with a 404 when the packages were retrieved the first time, cause the contents of the packages which are being parsed on the server is:

<html>
    <head><title>404 Not Found</title></head>
    <body bgcolor="white">
    <center><h1>404 Not Found</h1></center>
    <hr><center>nginx</center>
    </body>
    </html>

This also explains the troubles people were having updating Internalz, cause the PreCentral servers were not serving up the file for some period of time.

-- Rod
    Sweet! Problem solved

When I try to install internalz from the precentral web page using preware it gives me the following error:

download
    % Total % Received % Xferd Average Speed Time Time Time Current
    97 291k 97 282k 0 0 194k 0 0:00:01 0:00:01 --:--:-- 249k
    100 291k 100 291k 0 0 194k 0 0:00:01 0:00:01 --:--:-- 246k
    identify
    ca.canucksoftware.internalz
    failed
    -1: Unable to run command: /usr/bin/luna-send -n 6 luna://com.palm.appinstaller/installNoVerify '{"subscribe":true, "target": "/media/internal/.developer/ca.canucksoftware.internalz_1.3.4_all.ipk", "uncompressedSize": 0}' 2>&1
    ** Message: serviceResponse Handling: 2, {"returnValue":true , "ticket":2, "subscribed":true}
    ** Message: serviceResponse Handling: 2, { "ticket":2 , "status":"STARTING" }
    ** Message: serviceResponse Handling: 2, { "ticket":2 , "status":"CREATE_TMP" }
    ** Message: serviceResponse Handling: 2, { "ticket":2 , "status":"VERIFYING" }
    ** Message: serviceResponse Handling: 2, { "ticket":2 , "status":"IPKG_INSTALL" }

What am I doing wrong o what can I do to install it?

PS. I just doctored my pre because the 1.4.5 update was not showing, after that is my problem...
    I installed the filemgr service and now everything's good ...

I forgot that I had to install it because it disappears from the launcher ...
    I've added a third level of robustification to the feed creation scripts to detect this problem and omit the new package version from the feed until it can be successfully downloaded by users from PreCentral.
    I re-installed Internalz and FileMgr Service from the PreCentral page via Neato.

I noticed that Internalz still shows up in Preware as an "unknown" installed package. At one time it was listed under apps. Any reason to be concerned about that?

Thanks!
    I re-installed Internalz and FileMgr Service from the PreCentral page via Neato.

I noticed that Internalz still shows up in Preware as an "unknown" installed package. At one time it was listed under apps. Any reason to be concerned about that?

Thanks!
    Preware can get package type information from only two places: the metadata in the Source JSON field in the package feed, or the metadata in the Source JSON field in the package control file inside the .ipk file.

I believe Jason omits the second one (not sure why), which means the metadata is missing if you don't have the PreCentral feed enabled or the packages are missing from that feed (which they were recently).

If you have the PreCentral feed enabled, then updating feeds should restore the metadata once the autobuilder has regenerated that feed.

I would recommend that all authors keep the Source JSON field updated in the control file in the .ipk file itself, so that metadata is available even when the feed is not enabled by the user.

-- Rod
    Preware can get package type information from only two places: the metadata in the Source JSON field in the package feed, or the metadata in the Source JSON field in the package control file inside the .ipk file.

I believe Jason omits the second one (not sure why), which means the metadata is missing if you don't have the PreCentral feed enabled or the packages are missing from that feed (which they were recently).

If you have the PreCentral feed enabled, then updating feeds should restore the metadata.
    I have Precentral feed enabled, refreshed and Internalz still shows as unknown. It must have changed with a recent Internalz update because it always showed up in my app list in Preware. I guess as long as it works it's not an issue.
    I have Precentral feed enabled, refreshed and Internalz still shows as unknown. It must have changed with a recent Internalz update because it always showed up in my app list in Preware. I guess as long as it works it's not an issue.
    The autobuilder may not have finished chugging through the feed yet - try again later.

One day WebOS Internals will hopefully get enough donations to be able to afford faster hardware to run the homebrew autobuilder and package feeds ...

-- Rod
  17.    #317  
    I believe Jason omits the second one (not sure why)
    I omit it out of convenience. Just like how palm-install doesn't include that, I don't normally include source json unless needed. It's an optional component created expressly for the homebrew realm. The P|C parsing script adds that info as necessary anyway. Plus, that has the added advantage that I only need to edit the app description in one place. They why it shows as unknown is Preware is odd, especially other packages properly get classified as Applications, regardless of feed or lack-thereof.

That said, I may add source json in a future release.

I used Neato!

Problem solved.

Awesome.
    Global Posts
    14 Global Posts
    error instaling
    what's the best way to take an .html file into edit mode? So far, I'm changing the file type to .txt