Page 15 of 35 FirstFirst ... 5101112131415161718192025 ... LastLast
Like Tree24Likes
  1.    #281  
    Quote Originally Posted by Ubuntite View Post
    Jason, do you have any thoughts about this one?
    The issue is related to the fileindexer not updating when Internalz deletes the file. Not sure if this is a 1.4.5 issue or not, because in past releases, a fileindexer rescan only needed to happen when a file was created, copied, or moved. You can trigger a rescan manually via my Advanced Options in Launcher patch; as far as I know, no other way to easily trigger a rescan.

Thankfully, I've just released FileMgr v1.1.7 which should fix the issue, by getting the fileindexer to rescan after deletions, now, too.

Also, new release of Internalz is here!

v1.3.2 - September 21, 2010
    - Changed the Image Viewer option "Default Handler" to "Register as file handler" and added the same option for the Text Editor and Ipk Installer
    - System default handlers are taken into consideration. If none is set, and Internalz can handle the file, Internalz will.
    - One-time screen that prompts about registering file handlers.
    - When downloading an image via the Image Viewer, there's now the option to reload to the downloaded file
    - Image Viewer now has the option to set images as wallpaper
    - Text Editor has much-improved file loading/saving with progress displayed
    - Text Editor auto-save option has been removed until further notice, as it would fail horribly on larger files
    If you've liked my software, please consider to towards future development.

Developer of many apps such as: WebOS Quick Install, WebOS Theme Builder, Ipk Packager, Unified Diff Creator, Internalz Pro, ComicShelf HD, LED Torch, over 70 patches and more.

@JayCanuck @CanuckCoding Facebook
    Thanks for the update!
  3.    #283  
    Another update, solely for localization fixes

v1.3.3 - September 21, 2010
    - Added a few forgotten translations
    - Improved German translations (thanks to Pulp)
    - Fixed an HTML issue, on the settings screen, for Simplified Chinese users

Developer of many apps such as: WebOS Quick Install, WebOS Theme Builder, Ipk Packager, Unified Diff Creator, Internalz Pro, ComicShelf HD, LED Torch, over 70 patches and more.

Hi Jason,
    I have a strange behavior with the installer of internalz. When I try to open a .ipk file to install it I receive this error: "No file handler found for..."

Any idea of what could cause this type of error?

You can see the print screen in attachment.

Best regards,

cmflouis
    Attached Images Attached Images
    I'm getting the same error. I've tried toggling the IPK file handler preference on and off, resettingm etc, to no avail.
  6.    #286  
    Quote Originally Posted by tobias funke View Post
    I'm getting the same error. I've tried toggling the IPK file handler preference on and off, resettingm etc, to no avail.
    I'll be looking into it. Only think i could think of would be to use Emergency Mimetable Reset, then try re-enabling.

I ran Mimetable reset, reset the phone, and tried the toggle again, to no avail. Hope this helps narrow down the issue.
  8.    #288  
    Quote Originally Posted by tobias funke View Post
    I ran Mimetable reset, reset the phone, and tried the toggle again, to no avail. Hope this helps narrow down the issue.
    hmm, if you or anyone else with the issue, are available to help debug the issue over Gtalk or AIM, please PM me. I've tried to reproduce the issue on my Pre, Pixi, and the emulator, but have not been able to.

Quote Originally Posted by cmflouis View Post
    Hi Jason,
    I have a strange behavior with the installer of internalz. When I try to open a .ipk file to install it I receive this error: "No file handler found for..."

Any idea of what could cause this type of error?

You can see the print screen in attachment.

Best regards,

cmflouis
    Jason I was getting the same error. I went to default applications and changed the default from Preware to Internalz and the error went away and installed the file I was trying to install. I don't know how Preware became the default. I am now wondering if this is why my patches wouldn't install with internalz last night.
    Global Posts
    130 Global Posts
    I don't know if this has been requested before, but would it be possible to have a swipe to the next picture ability when opening a photo in Internalz (like in iFile)? thanks in advance.
  11.    #291  
    I've figured out the cause of the issue and will have that included in the next update, which should be out within the hour

12.    #292  
    Here we are! Internalz v1.3.4 now available

v1.3.4 - September 24, 2010
    - Fixed issue preventing ipk file opening
    - Improved Simplified Chinese translation (thanks to medigi8)
    - Filename wrapping option is greatly improved

13.    #293  
    Quote Originally Posted by rwhitby View Post
    Internalz is developed by Canuck Coding, not WebOS Internals (yes, it's an unfortunate naming similarity).

-- Rod
    Yea, if a mod could move this it would be appreciated.

In regards to the OP, that is a planned feature and will be included in a future release

And about the name, I've explained it elsewhere, but clarification again won't hurt things. "Internal" part is taken from the name Palm gave the USB Mode user storage area, /media/internal/. I figured that's be fitting as it's centrally designed to be a file manager for that area. The "z" comes from the PalmOS app FileZ as a tribute to it. WebOS-Internals name was not in my mind at that time. When Internalz hits the App Catalog, I may choose a different name, but for now "Internalz" seems fine and in knowing its origin, very fitting.
    Last edited by Jason Robitaille; 09/24/2010 at 07:01 AM.

Global Posts
    70 Global Posts
    during update of internalz 1.3.3 which is now 1.3.4 it returns IPKG log error of 'the requested url error:404'...

any update on fix?
    I have tried to download via Preware since 9/23/2010.No success. The current version listed in the Feeds is v1.3.3. The IPKG Log lists -1:unable to run command;/usr/bin/curl--create-dirs --insecure --location --fail --show-error --output/media/internal/.developer/ca.canucksoftwre.internalz_1.3.3_all_0.ipk http;//ipkg.preware.org/feeds/precentral/ca.canucksoftware.internalz_1.3.3_all_0.ipk 2>&1
    I don't know if this has been requested previously, but I wonder if an option to rescan the fileindexer could be added to the app menu?

Since 1.4.5. my Pre has been having issues when moving files on or off - even when using standard USB and "ejecting" the drive - the USB partition, with rescanning properly. I've been moving a random file with Internalz to force a rescan and get my music player or video player to read the new files... but it would be awesome to have a simpler option.

I previously had this in your Advanced Options In Launcher patch, however it isn't compatible with the advanced launcher config patch that I'm using. haha
    Follow me on teh Twitterz
    Quote Originally Posted by dhdiaz View Post
    I have tried to download via Preware since 9/23/2010.No success. The current version listed in the Feeds is v1.3.3. The IPKG Log lists -1:unable to run command;/usr/bin/curl--create-dirs --insecure --location --fail --show-error --output/media/internal/.developer/ca.canucksoftwre.internalz_1.3.3_all_0.ipk http;//ipkg.preware.org/feeds/precentral/ca.canucksoftware.internalz_1.3.3_all_0.ipk 2>&1
    I'm getting this exact same message.

1.4.5 Verizon Pre Plus

Samsung Fascinate Rooted
    Jason, I'm getting the 404 error through preware download attempt as well, and the file handling error via browser download.

Sprint Pre Minus
    Global Posts
    566 Global Posts
    I used the Neato! link provided here which opened Preware and version 1.3.4 installed just fine.
    Global Posts
    70 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by STBXXL View Post
    I used the Neato! link provided here which opened Preware and version 1.3.4 installed just fine.
    Neato = great -- worked great!!