Page 13 of 35 FirstFirst ... 38910111213141516171823 ... LastLast
Results 241 to 260 of 699
Like Tree24Likes
  1. #241  
    Quote Originally Posted by Jason Robitaille View Post
    You can disable Internalz as default image viewer. However, as Palm never made their Photos app able to handle launch targets, it's not possible currently.
    Oooooh...we need a patch for that..
    Psalm 11:6
    Upon the wicked he shall rain snares, fire and brimstone,
    and an horrible tempest: this shall be the portion of their cup.
  2. #242  
    fyi, the best way to protect from security threats is to only install stuff from people you trust - just like a PC. To me, that's what impresses me so much about the stuff developed by Jason (Canuck Software) and the WebOS Internals (not the same as Canuck).

    They show an understanding of security, attention to detail, and build solid architecture that is on par with any large software company - or better.

    I'm likely to trust their stuff, and maybe be a little extra cautious about lesser known stuff.
    Last edited by Workerb33; 08/30/2010 at 04:43 PM.
  3. #243  
    Quote Originally Posted by fnair View Post
    Jason, watching the new features video for 1.3, I was very happy to learn how to edit the autoreplace word list by watching you do it, as some of the replacements drive me mad and I hadn't looked into how to change it... So your video was informative on different levels...

    Now... I tried to edit the list (en_ca), but when I go to save it, the program just stalls and doesn't save. The application doesn't freeze completely as I can do a back gesture and the popup with yes and no goes away, but the modifications aren't saved.

    Master mode is enabled, I have tried to save, as you did in the video, by back gesture and answering yes, also tried by going in the menu and clicking save file and also tried to enable to autosave... none of which worked. I tried to uninstall Internalz and FileMgr and re-installing, restarting the phone. Nothing. Tried to copy the file to user storage and edit it from there... Nothing.

    It did work when I tried to edit other files (as a test) like the en_us and fr_ca, which are smaller than the en_ca which is 88.1k.

    anyway... don't know if this is a known issue or not... Regardless, keep up the kick *** work, you're amazing!
    + 1 on this. Same problem. Sprint Pre
    Commodore Pet, Commodore 64&128, Amiga 4000, PC-7, Ubuntu, Treo 650. Treo 755p,Sprint Palm Pre Plus 2.2.4,2 Sprint Pre2 2.2.4, TouchPad 32gig.
  4. #244  
    Hi all,

    Is there any reason why a patch cannot get installed by Internalz but can be install by WebOSQI?

    I am a user of the Messaging Plugins, which consists of 3 ipk files that have to be installed.

    The first is org.webosinternals.messagingsysfiles_2.0.3_armv7.ipk'
    The second is 'org.webosinternals.messagingpatch_2.5.0_armv7.ipk'
    And the third is 'org.webosinternals.messaginglive_2.0.0_armv7.ipk

    Using Internalz the first ipk file gets installed without any issues.

    However, the second ipk file (messagingpatch) errors out.

    But using WebOSQI it will install without any issues.

    The third goes good as well using Internalz.

    I'm a little confused why one particular patch would have problems using Internalz but be perfectly Ok with WebOS Quick Install.

    I was wanting to install these patches complete via Internalz because I started to keep them on my USB partition of the Pre so that if I doctor the phone, I can install them without having to plug the Pre back into my PC.

    Thanks!

    Rob
    Robert L
    Astoria Queens, N.Y.C
    - Palm Pre (Sprint) - formally Palm Treo 650
    Version 1.4.1.1
    Sprint Configuration 2.3
    Model: P100EWW
    Hardware Version: A
    Firmware: CC1.4(510)

  5. #245  
    Jason....just sent another $10 donation for the great job you've done with Internalz.
  6. #246  
    Quote Originally Posted by fnair View Post

    Now... I tried to edit the list (en_ca), but when I go to save it, the program just stalls and doesn't save. The application doesn't freeze completely as I can do a back gesture and the popup with yes and no goes away, but the modifications aren't saved.
    +1 with de_de having 83kb
  7.    #247  
    Quote Originally Posted by gizmo21 View Post
    +1 with de_de having 83kb
    I'm looking into the issue
    If you've liked my software, please consider to towards future development.

    Developer of many apps such as: WebOS Quick Install, WebOS Theme Builder, Ipk Packager, Unified Diff Creator, Internalz Pro, ComicShelf HD, LED Torch, over 70 patches and more.

    @JayCanuck @CanuckCoding Facebook
  8. #248  
    will Internalz ever get zip/unzip support? Like pressing unzip would run the script needed to do this from the terminal. Sorry it's early I'm tired. I'm I making sense?
  9. #249  
    Quote Originally Posted by rdethree View Post
    will Internalz ever get zip/unzip support? Like pressing unzip would run the script needed to do this from the terminal. Sorry it's early I'm tired. I'm I making sense?
    See post #37 of this thread:

    Quote Originally Posted by edbbates11 View Post
    great program. Question is their a way to unzip a compressed a file through internalz?

    Quote Originally Posted by Jason Robitaille View Post
    Not yet, but it's planned for the future
  10. #250  
    thank you for the quick response.
  11. #251  
    Quote Originally Posted by Jason Robitaille View Post
    App Catalog downloads ipk files then installs them (removing ipk file after install). The app data can be found in /media/cryptofs/apps/usr/palm/applications/
    nice, thanks for the response, so, basically, if I was looking to back up all the apps that I have downloaded to my device from the palm app cat, there's no way to do that huh? there is actally only one app that I wanted to back up (and get reinstalled on my brothers device)
    sj
  12. #252  
    What prevents your brother from accessing the catalog directly?
  13. #253  
    Quote Originally Posted by sjsharksfan View Post
    nice, thanks for the response, so, basically, if I was looking to back up all the apps that I have downloaded to my device from the palm app cat, there's no way to do that huh? there is actally only one app that I wanted to back up (and get reinstalled on my brothers device)
    sj
    The back up os handled by your Palm profile.
    Stealing the code from your phone and installing it to another Pre would be a copyright infringment.

    Pip
  14. #254  
    hey uhm how do you get this program onto your phone, i beeen trying for weeks and i been failing. i dont if i cant do because i have a palm pixi plus or if it something else i need to look up, but can you help me put though
  15. #255  
    Hey, I got a questions!
    My teenage daughter was messing with my phone yesterday and decided to take a look into Internalz and mess with things! Yipee!
    i have a Sprint Palm Pixi, and under the folder /media/internal/.sysservice/ there is a file called 'token'. Well, she deleted it and now I can't download or install any new apps from the app catalog, but there doesn't seem to be any other issues with funtionality. In the token file there was a string of about 6 or 7 numbers. My daughter figured these numbers were unimportant, and that's why she deleted it. Does anyone with a Sprint Pixi know what the numbers are? Can I just recreate that file? Would someone like to buy a slightly used, very irritating teenage daughter?
  16. #256  
    Quote Originally Posted by tobyplowden View Post
    Hey, I got a questions!
    My teenage daughter was messing with my phone yesterday and decided to take a look into Internalz and mess with things! Yipee!
    i have a Sprint Palm Pixi, and under the folder /media/internal/.sysservice/ there is a file called 'token'. Well, she deleted it and now I can't download or install any new apps from the app catalog, but there doesn't seem to be any other issues with funtionality. In the token file there was a string of about 6 or 7 numbers. My daughter figured these numbers were unimportant, and that's why she deleted it. Does anyone with a Sprint Pixi know what the numbers are? Can I just recreate that file? Would someone like to buy a slightly used, very irritating teenage daughter?
    One of my favorite lines from one of my favorite movies (Blues Brothers): "How much for the little girl?" LOL
  17. #257  
    Folders with german umlauts () are not displayed.
    Or did I something wrong?
    Sorry, if it's mentioned before.

    Michael
  18.    #258  
    Quote Originally Posted by tobyplowden View Post
    Hey, I got a questions!
    My teenage daughter was messing with my phone yesterday and decided to take a look into Internalz and mess with things! Yipee!
    i have a Sprint Palm Pixi, and under the folder /media/internal/.sysservice/ there is a file called 'token'. Well, she deleted it and now I can't download or install any new apps from the app catalog, but there doesn't seem to be any other issues with funtionality. In the token file there was a string of about 6 or 7 numbers. My daughter figured these numbers were unimportant, and that's why she deleted it. Does anyone with a Sprint Pixi know what the numbers are? Can I just recreate that file? Would someone like to buy a slightly used, very irritating teenage daughter?
    hmm, honestly not sure what that file is; though chances are it's a unique number related to the system or some process. You may want to contact Palm, as I'm not really sure what that file is used for/by.

    Quote Originally Posted by mich4711 View Post
    Folders with german umlauts () are not displayed.
    Or did I something wrong?
    Sorry, if it's mentioned before.

    Michael
    That's a limitation of the version of mtools built into WebOS 1.4.0/1.4.5. I'm looking into a fix. One work-around is to set "Sgow Hidden" to enabled, which avoids FileMgr's usage of mtools in the first place.
    If you've liked my software, please consider to towards future development.

    Developer of many apps such as: WebOS Quick Install, WebOS Theme Builder, Ipk Packager, Unified Diff Creator, Internalz Pro, ComicShelf HD, LED Torch, over 70 patches and more.

    @JayCanuck @CanuckCoding Facebook
  19. #259  
    It appears as though deleting music using Internalz does not properly update the media database (music players still think the music is on the device.) This has been verified by DanPLC (developer of Music (Remix)).

    Is there a way to force the media database to rebuild itself?
  20. #260  
    Quote Originally Posted by Ubuntite View Post
    It appears as though deleting music using Internalz does not properly update the media database (music players still think the music is on the device.) This has been verified by DanPLC (developer of Music (Remix)).

    Is there a way to force the media database to rebuild itself?
    To add on to this... I deleted a music file located in a sub-directory on /media/internal via the Internalz app. I verified in "USB mode" that the file is gone; however in the music app the file still shows up. The file won't play of course, but it shows up in the search results.

    I've tried the following to fix the issue:

    - Rebooting the device
    - Connecting the device in "USB Mode" and copying over new music files. The music apps detect the change in the media index; however the deleted song still shows up.
    - Connecting the device in "Media Sync" mode and copying over new music files.
    Quick Post: The quick way to post messages and photos to Twitter & Facebook (video link)
    Music Player (Remix): The next generation music listening experience on webOS (video link)
    GeoStrings: Set location-based reminders and never forget another task (video link)

    Twitter: @Hedami

Posting Permissions