Page 11 of 35 FirstFirst ... 67891011121314151621 ... LastLast
Like Tree24Likes
  1.    #201  
    Quote Originally Posted by rwhitby View Post
    Yes, and the homebrew community relies on the two of us to maintain whatever security is still possible in that new world of insecure package installations that Palm created with webOS 1.4.0 and later. I'm sure you agree that we have a duty to uphold that trust.
    Very true, which is why I have all the ipk/patch/restart-related functions in Internalz bound to only work on Internalz, and will never be include in FileMgr's public specsheet

Quote Originally Posted by mh3rn4nd3z3 View Post
    Jason, will this ever be available on the Palm App catalog?
    Thanks.
    Possibly in the future, but in a far more limited variant.
    If you've liked my software, please consider to towards future development.

Developer of many apps such as: WebOS Quick Install, WebOS Theme Builder, Ipk Packager, Unified Diff Creator, Internalz Pro, ComicShelf HD, LED Torch, over 70 patches and more.

@JayCanuck @CanuckCoding Facebook
  2.    #202  
    Quote Originally Posted by RL View Post
    I know how to install Internalz using Preware. The procedure to do the exact opposite is a bit technical for me. I can't seem to find a step by step example for this operation.

I know many others including myself, would be appreciative with some instructions on how to accomplish this task.

{Thanks}
    Download the ipk for Preware from here (for the Pre), or here (for the Pixi) or here (for the emulator)

You can install the ipk with WOSQI or Internalz

Developer of many apps such as: WebOS Quick Install, WebOS Theme Builder, Ipk Packager, Unified Diff Creator, Internalz Pro, ComicShelf HD, LED Torch, over 70 patches and more.

Quote Originally Posted by Jason Robitaille View Post
    Download the ipk for Preware from here (for the Pre), or here (for the Pixi) or here (for the emulator)

You can install the ipk with WOSQI or Internalz
    Or in fact using the official palm-install tool from the official Palm SDK. No third-party tools required I bet you can't use an official Apple tool to install Cydia ...

isn't it great that users have so many choices from so many different developers (including an official solution documented by Palm themselves) for how to install great homebrew apps like Preware and Internalz? Gotta love a robust homebrew ecosystem architecture.

-- Rod
    Last edited by rwhitby; 08/28/2010 at 03:26 PM.
    WebOS Internals and Preware Founder and Developer
    You may wish to donate by Paypal to donations @ webos-internals.org if you find our work useful.
    All donations go back into development.
    www.webos-internals.org twitter.com/webosinternals facebook.com/webosinternals
  4.    #204  
    Quote Originally Posted by rwhitby View Post
    Or in fact using the official palm-install tool from the official Palm SDK. No third-party tools required I bet you can't use an official Apple tool to install Cydia ...

isn't it great that users have so many choices from so many different developers (including an official solution documented by Palm themselves) for how to install great homebrew apps like Preware and Internalz? Gotta love a robust homebrew ecosystem architecture.

-- Rod
    I'll drink to that!

Two thumps up for you guys, and the entire homebrew community.
    Everytime i open PreWare now it shows an update to 1.3.0, even though Im on 1.3.0
    Please hit the thanks button if I helped you

If you've enjoyed my patches please feel free to donate towards further development.

Follow the link below.

7.    #207  
    Quote Originally Posted by 2sslow View Post
    Everytime i open PreWare now it shows an update to 1.3.0, even though Im on 1.3.0
    odd; maybe uninstall then reinstall

K ill try that!

EDIT: that fixed it, Thanks Jason
    Last edited by 2sslow; 08/28/2010 at 05:21 PM.

If you've enjoyed my patches please feel free to donate towards further development.

Follow the link below.

2slow that did that for me once today. I had installed from an earlier 1.3.0 version so I just chalked it up as a fluke. It hasn't happened again.
    It did it 5 times today, and mine came from the dropbox

Removal and re installation did the trick.

Follow the link below.

11.    #211  
    Quote Originally Posted by RL View Post
    I'm running preware v1.2.7, I don't see an update for v1.3.0. What am I missing?
    May wanna post that in the Preware thread. You could uninstalling Internalz the reinstalling; as an alternative you could just install the .ipk from http://www.precentral.net/homebrew-apps/internalz

Hey guys, congratulations on the new version!! I had this app a little while ago, but decided to get rid of it only because I absolutely have no idea what to do.. But after reading the PCentral article, I wanted it again.. I downloaded it again, but did little on it so far..

The article said you guys will have internalz tipz youtube video series showing how to do stuff on it.. That's pretty awesome, I and many others will learn stuff from it.. However, I'm wondering to see if it's possible for you guys to add subtitles on videos? I'm deaf, so I won't be able to hear you guys explaining stuff on the videos.. I'm sure there are some people that would appreciate the subtitles..

If you guys can't, I will understand..
    Quote Originally Posted by GridIron21 View Post
    Hey guys, congratulations on the new version!! I had this app a little while ago, but decided to get rid of it only because I absolutely have no idea what to do.. But after reading the PCentral article, I wanted it again.. I downloaded it again, but did little on it so far..

The article said you guys will have internalz tipz youtube video series showing how to do stuff on it.. That's pretty awesome, I and many others will learn stuff from it.. However, I'm wondering to see if it's possible for you guys to add subtitles on videos? I'm deaf, so I won't be able to hear you guys explaining stuff on the videos.. I'm sure there are some people that would appreciate the subtitles..

If you guys can't, I will understand..
    He doesn't have any voice overs all visual and he has text explaining the features as he is going through them.
    Oh that's awesome.. Thanks!
    Hi Jason and thank you for this beautiful application. I am probably one of the early adopter of this application and it is good to see it evolve like this. I already made my donation too. This application is awesome.

During the use of internalz I realize that when I create a file with a french accent (é, à, è, etc...) the file is created but I cannot see it. If I try to recreate it I receive and error message so it take it in account. I realize that in usb mode I see the document. So a continue my research to see that I had some .doc document that I can see to choose if I use doc viewer but I cannot see it in internalz. I observe this was seen also in version 1.2. One way to see it is to use the "see hidden file" option. (I consider it as a workaround).

My question is : is it by design? If this is the case I will take in account when I will create my files.

Best regard from a user from Québec.

cmflouis
  16.    #216  
    Quote Originally Posted by cmflouis View Post
    My question is : is it by design? If this is the case I will take in account when I will create my files.
    Not by design, just a limitation of mtools. The copy of mtools included in the webOS is out of date and thus has the display issue you describe. I hope to release an optional updated package of mtools for users in the next month or so. For now, you have 2 options: avoid accents or enable "show hidden" (which avoids mtools altogether)

Jason I know if you are viewing a patch the dropdown menu gives the option of lunarestart but would it be possible to move that to the main dropdown? would make things easier if you are installing multiple patches.

Follow the link below.

internalz 1.3 is not running on palm pre webOS 1.4.5

updating internalz....no problem, but running internalz on my palm pre doesn´t work at all.

I always get the same message ___ca.canucksoftware.filmgr is not running____

I´ve never had any problems running internalz, so what am i doing wrong?
    Quote Originally Posted by tunguska2 View Post

updating internalz....no problem, but running internalz on my palm pre doesn´t work at all.

Look at the error, FileMgr isn't running. Either install FileMgr or unintsall and reinstall it if you already have it installed. You can also try a java restart to see if that kicks it if you do have FileMgr installed.

Pip
  20.    #220  
    Quote Originally Posted by 2sslow View Post
    Jason I know if you are viewing a patch the dropdown menu gives the option of lunarestart but would it be possible to move that to the main dropdown? would make things easier if you are installing multiple patches.
    I'll add a "Restart" menu option, with a submenu for Java, Luna, and Device Restarts.

Quote Originally Posted by tunguska2 View Post

What version of FileMgr do you have installed?