1.    #1  
    Hello everyone. I've followed every step to install preware but for some reason nothing happens when i try to excute the .jar file (WebOSQuickinstall). I've been to java.com and it says that my Java is up to date. When i click on the file, a small black screen appears and then disappears. Can anyone help me in this matter. Thanks so much.
    YES!!!!!! Im not the only one!
    Wait a minute. Do you have Webos QI?
    Global Posts
    423 Global Posts
    The best way to hack your Pre is with Ubuntu. No headaches at all and it works perfect to install Preware on my 1.4.5 WebOS. There are guides for Windoze users how to get Ubuntu running on Windoze. Once you go Linux, you never look back.
    Floren Munteanu
    why queued - My blog
    Hey Uscrunner,
    I just reinstalled Java from java.com and then it worked. When I went to control panel it said I was up to date but obviously something went south. After I then could install and so forth. I'm redoing my new refurb.
  6.    #6  
    Quote Originally Posted by Jason Black View Post
    Wait a minute. Do you have Webos QI?
    No i don't have Webos QI. About 6 months ago i was able to install Preware but on my friend's computer. I decided to uninstall it when Palm came out with its "big" update (video and so forth) and now when i try and install it again on my computer i can't get the .jar file to open. I went to control panel on my computer and its still telling me that my system is up to date. I have attached a screen shot of what it says. Thanks so much for the responses. I sure hope i can figure this out.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Quote Originally Posted by uscrunner View Post
    No i don't have Webos QI. About 6 months ago i was able to install Preware but on my friend's computer. I decided to uninstall it when Palm came out with its "big" update (video and so forth) and now when i try and install it again on my computer i can't get the .jar file to open. I went to control panel on my computer and its still telling me that my system is up to date. I have attached a screen shot of what it says. Thanks so much for the responses. I sure hope i can figure this out.
    So howelse are you installing Preware?
    Yeah, you need WebOS QI to install Preware!
    WOSQI does not get installed it is more like an executable file.
    Please hit the thanks button if I helped you

If you've enjoyed my patches please feel free to donate towards further development.

Follow the link below.

10.    #10  
    That's the problem. Its a .jar file and it will not execute when i double click on it. A black screen appears and then disappears within seconds. It will not allow me to run the program so that i can install preware. Hope that i have not confused everyone.
    That's the problem. Its a .jar file and it will not execute when i double click on it. A black screen appears and then disappears within seconds. It will not allow me to run the program so that i can install preware. Hope that i have not confused everyone.
    Please install Webos Quick Install
  12.    #12  
    I'm trying but the file will not install. That was the reason for this thread. The WebOS QI file will not open/run/execute for some reason so I cannot install WebOS QI.
    I'm trying but the file will not install. That was the reason for this thread. The WebOS QI file will not open/run/execute for some reason so I cannot install WebOS QI.
    Let me first apology for all the bad responses that you got, i was pulling my hair out just reading.
    Anyway, you are best of posting in the quick install thread, I'll ask a mod to move us.
    But for your problem, have you restarted your computer?
    Have you tried reinstalling java?

And you should also visit http://install.preware.org
    Simple fix, associate .jar files with javaw.exe. Read the wikihow on how to do this.

How to Run a .Jar Java File - wikiHow
  15.    #15  
    Quote Originally Posted by pip smith View Post
    Let me first apology for all the bad responses that you got, i was pulling my hair out just reading.
    Anyway, you are best of posting in the quick install thread, I'll ask a mod to move us.
    But for your problem, have you restarted your computer?
    Have you tried reinstalling java?

And you should also visit Application:Preware - WebOS Internals
    Yeah i just restarted the computer after windows installed some new updates, but i still get this flash of a blank screen when i try and run the file. Its really strange but everytime i go to java.com it allows me to update my java after it tells me that its already up to date. I'll try and uninstall and reinstall java and see if that will help. Anyone think i might have a virus? I do have Norton 360 (Up to Date). My operation system is Windows Vista (which i hate).
  16.    #16  
    Quote Originally Posted by NachoB View Post
    Simple fix, associate .jar files with javaw.exe. Read the wikihow on how to do this.

How to Run a .Jar Java File - wikiHow
    I tried that and now when i double click on the file nothing is happenings. The black screen isn't even coming up anymore. Thanks for the suggestion and i'll keep trying until i figure this thing out.
    Have you tried to redownload WebOS Quick Install just to make sure the file you currently have isn't somehow corrupt?

Download 3.14 Here
    If you found my post useful then please sign up for a Dropbox Account, I could use the extra 250mb of storage.

HOW TO: Zip/Unzip via Pre/Pixi using Terminal
    HOW TO: Modify DTMF audio (webOS 1.4.5 or earlier)
    Palm Pre wallpapers
  18.    #18  
    Alright, I downloaded the 3.14 Quick Install and it acted like it wanted to open and then a java message apperaed that stated, "application failed to open." I have attached a screen shot of what appeared.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Next suggestion, try downloading it with either Google Chrome or Firefox.
    If you found my post useful then please sign up for a Dropbox Account, I could use the extra 250mb of storage.

HOW TO: Zip/Unzip via Pre/Pixi using Terminal
    HOW TO: Modify DTMF audio (webOS 1.4.5 or earlier)
    Palm Pre wallpapers