1.    #1  
    My Problems
    -Touch screen on Pre doesn't work, its broken
    -I can Only access Pre via usb & Webos Quick install
    -Can I use the Quick Install 'Receive A File' to retrieve my files from the damaged pre? What do I input in 'file' or 'destination folder'?

Help me Solve My Problem
    That depends on what you want to save. If you can use WOQI, you could also log into your pre via "novaterm -t open tty://", locate the paths of the files you need and enter them in the "receive file" dialog in WOQI.
    'til we meet again.
    THL
    Im guessing you just want what's on the usb drive.
    in wosqi the path will be /media/internal/whatever folder/file name
    Also open a command line window, type the command above 'novatern .. ' and then type ' ls -l -r -t /media/internal/ ' for a list of all your folders. And then ' ls -l -r -t /media/internal/folder name ' to list all the files in that folder.

You could also remove whole folders if you had the webos-internas zip service and know the commands for it.
    I would give better direction but am on my pre atm.
    If it's only the USB partition, you can force the Pre into USB mode by pressing Orange+Sym+U. No need for a touchscreen, then.
    'til we meet again.
    THL
  5.    #5  
    Quote Originally Posted by THL View Post
    That depends on what you want to save. If you can use WOQI, you could also log into your pre via "novaterm -t open tty://", locate the paths of the files you need and enter them in the "receive file" dialog in WOQI.
    This was the quick easy solution. 'Orange + sym + u' allowed me to enter my pre. copy my files. done.

“Simplicity is the ultimate sophistication.”
    Leonardo da Vinci