1.    #1  
    Hello Jason Robitaille,

Everything is in the title. How to turn on camera flash light from an app? is there an api for that?

Thanks !
    There is a homebrew app that turns the camera flash on and off, so I would assume there is an api for that.
  3.    #3  
    That's what i also assume ... but there's nothing on Palm Website.
    I don't think there is an official palm API right now.
    There's my SysToolsMgr homebrew service, which freely provides a full API for homebrew apps. A public API specsheet can be found at http://systoolsmgr-service.googlecod...%20Service.pdf

However it's a bit outdated. Here's the updated Flash LED methods:

Code:
    Method: 'setFlash'
    Parameters:
    state  -  String variable. Either "on", "off", or "strobe"
    value  -  Number variable. Optional. mAh value of either 0 (off), 50, 75, 100, 150, or 200
    speed  -  Number variable. Optional. Milliseconds between strobe flashes. Default value is 150
    As well as

Code:
    Method: 'flashState'
    <No parameters>
    Returns:
    state  -  String value. Either "on", "off", or "strobe"
    value  -  Number value. The mAh value of the LED
    speed  -  Number value. Milliseconds between strobe flashes.
    If you've liked my software, please consider to towards future development.

Developer of many apps such as: WebOS Quick Install, WebOS Theme Builder, Ipk Packager, Unified Diff Creator, Internalz Pro, ComicShelf HD, LED Torch, over 70 patches and more.

@JayCanuck @CanuckCoding Facebook
    Global Posts
    510 Global Posts
    Once again, Jason swoops in wearing his Awesome Homebrew Cape and saves the Dev Day!! haha
  7.    #7  
    thanks jason !but is there a way to control camera flash light without using systoolmgr? I wish to use this feature in an app for the app catalog.
    My hope is that the next set of official API's in the forth-coming big update, will include LED control as well as MIC and more advanced Camera stuff.

until then, I think you may have home-brew as your option.
    Quote Originally Posted by boucles0 View Post
    thanks jason !but is there a way to control camera flash light without using systoolmgr? I wish to use this feature in an app for the app catalog.
    No official way, nope. However, my understanding (and I could be wrong) is that you can include the systoolsmgr service request in an App Catalog app, as long as the app doesn't depend on it; having it as special optional functionality for homebrew users.

I know of at least one person who has an App Catalog app that does this. He has an optional service request for FileMgr that writes log files, for those in the homebrew community with FileMgr.

Developer of many apps such as: WebOS Quick Install, WebOS Theme Builder, Ipk Packager, Unified Diff Creator, Internalz Pro, ComicShelf HD, LED Torch, over 70 patches and more.

Quote Originally Posted by Jason Robitaille View Post
    No official way, nope. However, my understanding (and I could be wrong) is that you can include the systoolsmgr service request in an App Catalog app, as long as the app doesn't depend on it; having it as special optional functionality for homebrew users.

I know of at least one person who has an App Catalog app that does this. He has an optional service request for FileMgr that writes log files, for those in the homebrew community with FileMgr.

wow

I am always impressed by the quality of homebrew. enough so that palm to their credit, has recognized it by allowing official apps to use homebrew power.

systools is fantastic Jason, thanks.
    There are four lights.
    Quote Originally Posted by windzilla View Post
    wow

I am always impressed by the quality of homebrew. enough so that palm to their credit, has recognized it by allowing official apps to use homebrew power.

systools is fantastic Jason, thanks.
    I doubt they officially allow it, but in circumstances where it only adds optional functionality not central to the application, it makes sense they'd not make a big deal of it.