1.    #1  
    first of, i know i could have searched for hours at other faq, and posts, but i have been at this all day already, and am getting annoyed.

I got the webOS, Java, doctor, all of that.
    I REALLY want the Keyboard Patch, but i have to have the Preware.
    I hit the blue arrow in the webOS quick install, and the list comes up, i go to palm pre, then click preware. and download. then close, and it comes up in webOS. i hit install and it comes up that it is refusing to connect, and bascially it cannot find my phone (yes it is plugged in, and on just charge)

I followed the direction on Getting Started: Homebrew Apps, Patches, and Themes with WebOS Quick Install page.
    everything it told me to do, i did and when it said

"You will be prompted to Connect Your Device even though it is already connected. No worries. It just needs to install Novacomd so that it can see your phone. Just click OK (highlighted in yellow below)."

That never came up. and i dont know if novacomd ever installed.
    so then i went to file-options-attempt novacom reinstallation, and still wouldn't find my phone. (even though th directions say go to tools-options-... its not under tools, its under file)

so now what should i do??
    No where in your post did I read anything about you having your Pre's Developer Mode switched on? If you have already done this, ignore my post.

Try rebooting your PC and your Pre.
    Last edited by netwrkr9; 07/07/2010 at 07:33 PM.
  3.    #3  
    sorry, Yes, it is on. I even checked it to make sure it was still on, and i have already tried to reboot myphone, and computer.

I DID reboot my PC and PRE. Just said that. but thanks for tryin to help.
    Last edited by duke8780; 07/07/2010 at 07:38 PM.
    are you using windows 7?

If so, did you follow this for getting novacom properly installed?

http://forums.precentral.net/web-os-...er-method.html
    Last edited by KJBlauw; 07/07/2010 at 08:09 PM. Reason: added more info
    Alright then, steps as been followed carefully and still no preware. If you haven't gotten it yet, then try one of these two task/suggestions.

Unplug the device from your computer... restart is not nescessary at this time. Plug up the device back in the computer,on the bottom of the computer to the right handside do you see an icon showing that your pc recognizes that your phone as been connected to it. If not, then you need to enable Palm pre novacomb from within control panel. If yes! Then double check to make sure you have everything installed properly. Developer mode,Novacomb,latest webosqi.

If all is correct and still unable to get preware... The next step is to get preware without webosqi. I did it last week.

I am using my pre typing right now,so I'm unable to post the link to get it.

I hope if you need it, someone in the forum could assist in posting this link for you.

Good luck.

Cheers!
    Last edited by rush; 07/07/2010 at 08:28 PM.
  6.    #6  
    Quote Originally Posted by rush View Post
    Alright then, steps as been followed carefully and still no preware. If you haven't gotten it yet, then try one of these two task/suggestions.

Unplug the device from your computer... restart is not nescessary at this time. Plug up the device back in the computer,on the bottom of the computer to the right handside do you see an icon showing that your pc recognizes that your phone as been connected to it. If not, then you need to enable Palm pre novacomb from within control panel. If yes! Then double check to make sure you have everything installed properly. Developer mode,Novacomb,latest webosqi.

If all is correct and still unable to get preware... The next step is to get preware without webosqi. I did it last week.

I am using my pre typing right now,so I'm unable to post the link to get it.

I hope if you need it, someone in the forum could assist in posting this link for you.

Good luck.

Cheers!
    yes, i believe i do need it. because when i plug in my pre, it comes up that it found my pre, and tha it found novacom. but if i click on the balloon it cant find the software to run it.
    so if anyone has the link i need, PLEASE LET ME KNOW.
    Global Posts
    656 Global Posts
    I'm on my phone so I can't post the link. You can find the instructions yourself by going to the Preware 1.x thread. In the first post you'll see the link to the Preware wiki. Look for the standalone installer instructions on that page. You'll be good to go.

Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts.
    <moved thread>
    Achill3s' Palm Pre: Modded and patched to death!!